[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, what meals do you guys eat to stay healthy? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: healthy-meal.jpg (38 KB, 630x410) Image search: [Google]
healthy-meal.jpg
38 KB, 630x410
Hey /fit/, what meals do you guys eat to stay healthy? I'm not talking about bulking up but possibly losing weight?

It seems like everything healthy requires a decent amount of prep. Does /fit/ know of quick healthy meals?
>>
>>36565472
That chicken I'd pretty Damn raw, salmonella waiting to happen.

Anyway how much time do you have to cook? You can whip something up in 10 to 30 minutes, easy.
>>
Step 1: Go into your supermarket
Step 2: Buy two packs of literally every unique frozen vegetable available
Step 3: Eat a minimum of 1000 cals worth of those veggies every day

That always keeps me on track anyway. Healthy as fuck and it especially helps me as an endurance athlete. I can maintain a low BF% all year round.
>>
>>36565485
Usually not a lot of time. I go to school and work full time so I really am looking for quick and easy. I have meal prepped before but it ended up being a couple hour ordeal and at the end of the week the meals tasted terrible.
>>
>>36565505
1000 calories of vegetables seems like a shit-ton of food.
>>
>>36565505
>1kcal of vegetables.

Is your endurance built just by dragging your gut around?
>>
>>36565685
A shit ton of food, a shit ton of healthy, a shit ton of fullness factor, a shit ton toward promoting weight loss if that's your goal

You can lower it, but still. Fruits too.
>>
>>36565708
Why would you be threatened by 1000 calories of veggies?

And nah, I run between 7 and 10 miles every 2 days -- sometimes every day if the week is nice.
>>
>>36565472
>Chop vegetables and a choice of meat into small pieces
>Add salt, oil, whatever spices or sauces you want
>Place in oven inside a pot or whatever
>Program so it starts cooking 1 h before you arrive home
>>
>>36565472
Chicken
Beans
Mexican Seasoning of your choice
A little bit of cheese
Lettuce/Romaine
Salsa of your choice

Pork is also pretty good
>>
>>36565756
>>36565766

Those don't sound half bad. Breakfast is one of the toughest meals for me though. I'm usually in hurry.
>>
>>36565942
>eggs
>1 minute in microwave
>some veggies on the side or maybe fruit.
>coffee
Will take you less than 5 minutes to make and another 5 to eat.
>>
>>36565977
So like egg whites and not actual eggs right?
>>
>>36565942
wake up earlier faglord
>>
>>36565999
I already wake up at 5. Any earlier and I will be in a weekend at Bernie's trance all day.
>>
>>36565991
Why?
>>
I eat home made soylent every day instead of food.

It's a mixture of different powders, seeds and oils. Perfect nutrition, very cheap, and it makes me feel like a robot refueling instead of eating.
>>
>>36565977
>eggs
>microwave
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>36566067
Hey, if you need to save time you need to save time. The taste is the same.
>>
>>36565685

That's kinda the point, I think. You won't be ABLE to eat anything else, ergo you will lose weight.
>>
>>36566256
Not quite
>Captcha: Select all the food
>>
>>36565472

All good suggestions in this thread, but it's important to note that portion size is just as important as WHAT you eat. You can still stuff yourself on "healthy" food and fail to lose weight if you eat more calories than you burn.
>>
>>36565942
I usually skip breakfast and have a huge lunch. Like, I'll have two cups of espresso and be on my way. I suspect the caffeine helps suppress any feeling of hunger I might have, imagined or not.
Then I'll go apeshit at lunch and eat something like 750 kcal then and then not eat again before my workout some time in the evening.
>>
File: IMG_20160329_165052.jpg (293 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160329_165052.jpg
293 KB, 2560x1440
Made this in less than 30 minutes, and can eat two days of it.

The only work I had to do was to cut up 3 carrots and 1 union, and had to make the dressing myself. Pre packaged shit is your friend, and saves you a shittone of work & time.
>>
>>36565472
Literally dump frozen vegetables out of a bag into a pot, eat with some protein and fats (ie sardines, pan-fried chicken breast, beef, dairy, eggs, cottage cheese and nuts, theres like a million different cheap and convenient options)
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.