[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 0066 - FcOqpiA.jpg (18 KB, 399x399) Image search: [Google]
0066 - FcOqpiA.jpg
18 KB, 399x399
is intermitent fasting legit ? how does it work, if it works at all

pic not related
>>
its a legit way of reserving your eating to a specific time period set by you. Thus, could potentially remove temptations, and on smaller deficit cuts could help make it more bearable since you'll pretty much be having one big meal instead of three smaller meals.
>>
>>36565159
just try it out man, it's not even costing you anything
>>
>>36565189
This

I found it great on a psychological level to limit calories so I would say it is worth doing. Can't comment on any physical affects though
>>
>>36565159
>if it works
What the fuck do you mean "if it works". You eat less, you lose weight. There's nothing magical about it. To some it's a psychologically easy way of cutting down because it can feel better to just not eat at all followed by eating till you're full, compared to regular dieting where you kind of feel like you're eating just a little less than you'd like to all the time.

And that's about it.

There may or may not be additional benefits but we're talking about those extra 0.5% results.
I've done it, I like it, and I recommend it. But don't expect any magic to happen. And that goes for any other fad diet as well (e.g. keto).
>>
>>36565159
It makes it a lot easier to eat less, I do it everytime I cut
>>
>>36565242
/thread
>>
>>36565159
It works by not eating for a long time then eating, at some interval
>>
part of the idea is that fasting is supposed to increase your insulin sensitivity. So its not just about the lower volume of food, its also a hormonal reaction that will prevent you from storing fat.

cant really say its true one way or the other, but this book is pretty popular these days. Author is actually a legit doctor and professor, but the book title is a little bit of an eye roll.
>>
>>36565159
I don't know the specifics of the mechanisms that may or may not make it work differently from simple caloric deficit, but I know a few people who swear by it, and they all look great. They're also all older (in their 40s-50s). They usually eat 200-500 cals below maintenance and eat their food all in a 4 hour window.
>>
>>36565159
I tried 18/6 the other day and by the last hour or so of the fasting period my abs and stomach were aching, went away after i ate though.
>>
File: Shay Lyn Massey.jpg (51 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Shay Lyn Massey.jpg
51 KB, 500x750
>>36565242
>fad diet
implying IF is a diet
>>
>>36565411
it's actually true
same reason why eating/snacking every 1-2 hours sometimes ends in type2 diabeetus
>MUH ANABOLIC WINDOW
>>
>>36565242
>implying i cant eat eat 4kcals of chili covered pasta just because i fast for most of the day
>>
ive maintained most of my strength on a cut with fasted (morning) training

also more fat loss

so it seems to work desu.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.