[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I eat burgers and fries and still be healthy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
File: sriracha_burger.png (348 KB, 1119x850) Image search: [Google]
sriracha_burger.png
348 KB, 1119x850
Can I eat burgers and fries and still be healthy?
>>
>>36565018
Define "healthy."

You'll survive.
>>
>>36565018
What if the burger was vegtables and the fries were carrots the whole time
>>
>>36565018
If it fits into your daily calories, sure.

The fat and excess sodium might be a problem, but just don't eat a Big Mac every day and you'll be fine.
>>
>>36565018
If it fits your macros. You should eat something healthier though
>>
Homemade burgers are a better alternative I presume?
>>
>>36565090
Ehhh
>>
>>36565097
Baked in my smoker instead of fried with a bowl of chicken noodle on the side?
>>
>>36565107
I 've never had a fried burger before. Sounds good desu
>>
>>36565120
Every burger ive ever eaten has been fried... Have you ever had a burger..? Its like a chunk of fried meat on bread xd
>>
It all depends on how many burgers and how often and also the quality of the food. High quality bread and beef go a long way. Will eating a burger, when going out on a weekend be bad for you? No. Will eating two burgers from a fast food chain a day be bad for you? Yes.
>>
>>36565018
Sure, but you better be burning like 2000 calories every morning during your workout first
>>
>>36565018
Burgers yes, fries not so much.
>>
>>36565154
is it better to burn it before or after you consumed it.
>>
>>36565143
Deep fried or just flat grilled with its own juices?
>>
>>36565200
Alright europe heres the deal.
Fried means its cooked on a pan usually with or butter.
Deep fried is the phrase created specifically to describe the cooking method of complete oil coverage.
>>
>>36565216
>Fried means its cooked on a pan usually with or butter.
As an American, I've never heard that before.
>>
Eat the burger but don't go for the fries anon
>>
>>36565244
Pan-fried and deep fried are 2 different things
>>
>>36565244
i'm from europe, but when when you say fried eggs you surely don't mean deep fried amiright?
>>
>thin bun
>plenty of meat
>cooked without added oil or butter
>no fatty toppings like mayonnaise
>put in more than just lettuce, throw in some jalapenos and tomato
There, now it's not awful.
>>
>>36565322
Yes thats what we are explaining omg
>>
It's great after a hard workout. And I mean hard. You'll be depleted of minerals and dehydrated so a meal with a lot of sodium and a shitton of carbs and fat won't be too bad.
>>
>>36565018
Burgers aren't even tasty for fuck's sake. I'll take my grandma's home cooked meals any day.
>>
>>36565370
Taste is very subjective and if you had shitty eating habits, your taste will also be shitty.
>>
>>36565018
Yes, easily, burgers are a helpful part of my competition prep diet. Fries, not so bad as long as you don't overdo it on portions.
>>
>>36565391
That's me, op
>>
>>36565370
You need better burgers. Medium rare meat tastes great with a dab of mustard and a pickle. The pickle is probably a biological thing though cause Muh electrolytes.

My burgers are made with sirloin scraps
>>
>>36565018
Yes, if you work it into your diet correctly and don't eat them more than say once or twice a week. The high sodium and saturated fat can be a problem in the long term if you're getting too much of them, but just have less salt and sat fat containing foods on days you eat burgers. The high energy and low fibre means it could displace some other important nutrients from your diet, but remember to eat your vegetables and you'll be fine. At least in my country, there's actually government regulations that mean we need to put some vitamins and fibre powder and stuff into the recipe so it's not completely empty calories. Burgers are ok in moderation
>>36565179
Arguably before, but it doesn't make much difference.
>>
>>36565370
Burgers are delish m8, you've probably just never had a proper burger. Taste preferences have a lot to do with positive associations when we were younger though. They think one of the main reasons people love junk food is because it was a reward when we were kids and won in soccer or whatever so our brains associated junk food with good times. Maybe your parents just didn't take you out to mcdonalds much as a lad
>>
A lean 1/4 pounder with sweet potato fries and side salad comes in around 900 calories for me. I have them quite often actually.
>>
"healthy"
biggest meme word ever
>>
>>36565018
>In N Out 3x3 protein style with grilled onions
>Fries dont taste that great but healthier than McDs
>Pink Lemonade there is GOAT tier cause that bottled shit is cancer.
/ck/ pls stay.
>>
I mean there's nothing inherently wrong with ground beef, bread and potatoes...

The rest is up to you.
>>
co/ck/ reporting for duty.

The meat patty and vegetables are great options for any dietary plan. The condiments and the bun are basically empty calories, unless you're eating a whole wheat bun.

Cheese just depends on whether or not you're cutting.
>>
>>36565018
bro just go vegan, meat has saturated fat that aint no good for nobody
>>
>>36567711

OP didn't specify his sexual orientation, but if he is indeed a homosexual then that would be an option.

Otherwise, if you want that burger, then you need to fit it into your daily calorie intake. Just understand that chances are that's going to be like the only thing you'd get to eat that day. You'll find that it's probably not worth it most of the time.
>>
>>36565090
Usually, If you make them with low-fat percentage beef or venison. You also don't necessarily need to use a bun, do like the Piano man does and wrap them in lettuce. It's bretty gud
>>
Stay away from the fries and you should be fine as long as you don't eat too much and get fat.

I personally hate the taste of fries, so I guess I'm lucky there. I order only the burger without any extras.
>>
>>36567775
>burgers
>not worth it
Top kek
>>
how about home made quarter pounder. slice of jalapeno cheese. lettuce. pretzel bun and barbaque sauce. its not too bad.
>>
>>36565143
Burgers are grilled you fucking tard.
>>
Just a hamburger has a decent macro profile

French fires are garbage

Soda even worse

Yes, you can eat fries and be healthy, it's just harder
>>
File: 1449876827748.jpg (36 KB, 780x512) Image search: [Google]
1449876827748.jpg
36 KB, 780x512
>>36565018
Randy pls go
>>
>>36565034
This.

Define Healthy.

You cant.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viLKhvLtHjM
>Very related content
I tried these, and was pretty gud, obviously taking away the oil frying and the mayo dressing, using thinner molded meat, vinaigrette as seasoning and fresh cheese instead of american. It was god's dinner.
>>
What's the least healthy part of a homemade burger?

I find it hard to believe that its impossible to make a healthy burger. 100% whole wheat reasonably sized bun. Lean ground beef or turkey patty. No mayo-- ketchup and/or mustard. Zesty tomatoes, fresh leaf lettuce, crunchy pickles, thick cut onions, and why not some goat cheese or provolone?

So where does it go wrong? Why is "burger" immediately and automatically an unhealthy item?
>>
>>36571366
health·y
ˈhelTHē/
adjective
having a great deal of money, resources, or assets; rich.
"the healthy nations of the world"
>>
>>36571314

i WANT my friggin burger Rick
>>
>>36572058
>Autism of this degree
Just stop eating burgers.
>>
>wanted to take a day off my cut
>ordered two double cheeseburgers
>ate one for lunch and one for dinner
>around 800cals, still 1k calorie deficit
sweet
>>
>>36565018
If the burgers and fries are home made
Maybe you can still be healthy by picking good ingredients
I would skip the buns or not have them all the time
>>
>>36572058
nothing wrong with a burger made with high quality ingredients. The bread and sauce are usually the worst parts. I add lots of veggies because the crunch is satisfying.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.