[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question /fit/. Why aren't Farmer's Walk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
I have a question /fit/.

Why aren't Farmer's Walk up there in the pantheon with squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press in terms of being a necessary lift?

They are fucking amazing, the feeling you get as your grip weakens, you force them closed as you tell yourself "just ten more steps" and when you make those you go another ten.

And when you do drop the weight your shoulders and forearms on fire, your legs tight, palms are searing in pain and it takes every part of me to resist yelling out some short of primal scream.

As autismo as that sounds, farmer's walk just make you feel powerful as fuck, so why aren't they as popular as the other lifts, as they should be?
>>
>>36563248
Probably because deadlifting also builds grip strength?
>>
>>36563248

A deadlift is a farmers walk so heavy that you can't even take a step.
>>
Overrated senpai
>>
>>36563248
because theyll turn you into a manlet like your pic
>>
They are, in strongman. People here don't do them and they aren't a very conventionally accepted feat of strength because most people don't have access to proper farmer-walk handles/equipment. 95% of people here go to commercial gyms and have to do them with dumbells that probably only go up to 250 pounds.
>>
>>36563265

Nah. Max deadlifts are light compared to farmers, least for anyone not named Hall.

Good exercise, but the equipment and space requirements kill it for most gymgoers.
>>
I bet it's all about space. It requires a much larger area to perform than deadlifts, so it could only be done in specialized gyms or homegyms.
>>
>>36563288
>Max deadlifts are light compared to farmers

What kind of bitch mode weight are you lifting for your deadlift?
>>
>>36563391

What kind of pussy ass farmers are you doing?
>>
>>36563391

About 520, last time I maxed.

I can take 600 for ~20m with the farmers, last time I went heavy. Wasn't a max but fucked if I know how much more I had in the tank. Got gorilla hands and the conditioning of a dead walrus.
>>
>>36563248
because ripp didn't tell people to

because it isn't a powerlifting or bodybuilding movement
>>
>>36564236
>I can pick up 115% of my 1rm on DLs and walk for 20m with good form on top of that
No.
>>
>>36564359
>bodybuilding movement
?
>>
>>36564495

You might have noticed that the pick height and position on a farmers is basically a trap bar block pull. Its much easier than a conventional deadlift provided it doesn't tear your callouses off.
>>
>>36564513
What can I say, my 5rm is 150kg and I can walk with 35kg per hand for like 50m max
>>
>>36564495
Lol you don't know shit, most people can farmers walk more then there deadlift, for example at the Arnold classic the frame carry was 1100lbs
>>
Am I the only one here who does farmers walk on a treadmill? Don't take up much space but they keep breaking down.
>>
File: 20160327_140232.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160327_140232.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>36563248
Same reason all other loaded carries (frame, yoke, sandbag, keg, and stone) aren't praised.

It falls under the aegis of athletics and not "bodybuilding" or "getting in shape," which is what most gym rats are doing.

> TFW 180lb overhead yoke carry 100ft
> TFW 325lb zercher yoke carry 100ft
>>
Because it's a staple of Crossfit exercises and everybody knows Crossfit is entirely bad.
>>
>doing cardio
>>
File: Mysore_woman_balancing_basket.jpg (602 KB, 1664x2496) Image search: [Google]
Mysore_woman_balancing_basket.jpg
602 KB, 1664x2496
>>36563265

The human body in a standing position has the capability to carry quite a bit of weight. Carrying things across the shoulders or on the head is one of the most effective means of doing so.

Isometric contraction, senpai.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.