[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My fucking squat keeps stalling at 275. I thought you said SS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: feel rage.jpg (43 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
feel rage.jpg
43 KB, 601x601
My fucking squat keeps stalling at 275. I thought you said SS or SL can get me to 3pl8 in just a few months
>>
not if you're weak lol
>>
No that's not true, that's only possible if you go permabulk at 1000 cal surplus or are already fat or strong
>>
Could be time to switch to an intermediate routine.

Or just eat more/sleep more.
>>
Getting that far on SS before stalling is bretty impressive, fampai

Switch to Texas Method
>>
Eat right. Sleep more. Work on flexibility. Download for a bit and work on form. Figure out if anything is causing you undue stress and interfering with your workouts.

But mostly don't worry about it. If you plateau for weeks or even months then yeah probably consider switching to 3x3 or some other program but until then just keep at it.
>>
>>36562774
Dude 275 is solid for SS
You can move on now
>>
>>36562774
>I want to get to 3pl8 as fast as possible!
>I know, I'll progress the weight twice as fast, that'll totally work!
That's what most of you guys do. You try to progress things too quickly, thinking your noob gains are real gains, and that you can keep progressing that quickly. You can't. If you're adding 5% (or more) to the bar more often than every 4th workout, then you're asking to stall out. Play the long game. Or do you really want to be one of those guys who gets sick or hurt, has to take a week off, to find you've lost almost ALL of your so-called 'gains'?
>>
I'm back down to 1pl8 to fix my form. Maybe I will get squat shoes eventually.

I think you shouldn't place so much value on high numbers for your squat. That shit's for powerlifters. Also, you will get injured if your form isn't perfect.
>>
>>36562774
20 rep squats. just do it
>>
File: HAHA-GIF.gif (543 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
HAHA-GIF.gif
543 KB, 480x228
>>36562890
>download for a bit
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.