[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ I'm going to the gym for the first time tomorrow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160308_124628.jpg (139 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160308_124628.jpg
139 KB, 1024x576
Hey /fit/
I'm going to the gym for the first time tomorrow morning and I'm a scared person. I'm going alone super early (only time I can really go) so I'm sort of worried.

I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I've read the sticky a few times but I either missed this or its not in there.

I'm gonna try Reg Park's beginner workout, but I don't know how much weight I should use. What's a good starting weight to try? Can anyone give me tips about it?
>>
For reference, this is what I'll be doing

Workout A:
Back Squats 5×5
Chin-Ups or Pull-Ups 5×5
Dips or Bench Press 5×5
Barbell Curls 2×10
Wrist Work 2×10
Calves 2×15-20

Workout B:
Front Squats 5×5
Rows 5×5
Standing Press 5×5
Deadlifts 3×5 (2 warm-up sets and 1 “stabilizer set”)
Wrist Work 2×10
Calves 2×15-20

I'm going to go m/w/f, but this week I'm going to do t/th/sat
>>
>>36562544
What's the story with the screenshot?
Looks like something I would want to watch if you got a source.
>>
>>36562573
It can vary greatly. Start with a small weight and keep adding until it tough but doable. DONT GO CRAZY AND ADD TOO MUCH TOO FAST! Seriously take it slow and make it a workout not torture. You dong want to a) injury youself and b) wear yourself out too quick. Take your time and enjoy yourself, set a small goal for each workout, stuff like that. If you want to know more, tell us more about what you are trying to acheive
>>
>>36562573
this is my routine as well ;3

the beauty about 5x5 is that you can progressively add more weight until it's heavy enough. then just use the same weight next time etc etc. your first time on the on the routine is basically just testing the waters and finding out proper weights
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.