[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick question. Is white rice good food to eat? I feel like it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 9JZ5n.gif (237 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
9JZ5n.gif
237 KB, 600x338
Quick question. Is white rice good food to eat? I feel like it's too high in carbs compared to the nutrition value it gives you no? Which means that there are other foods that are more preferable for you to eat instead.
>>
>>36562261
If you are trying to get stronger its perfectly fine, I like to cook about a pound of chicken in curry and pour it over rice and eat it with lavash bread.

If you are losing weight I have no idea why you are eating starches in the first place.
>>
>>36562261
No, eat brown rice.
>>
>>36562290
I'm asian and I've been eating rice my whole life so it seems "wrong" to stop eating it (I am trying to lose weight).
>>
>>36562425
If you are trying to lose weight yes it is bad. If you having a stir fry, keep the greens and meat, cut out the sugar for tastiness and white rice. I dont want to make assumptions about your cultural proclivities, but dumplings, fried food, and anything but buckwheat noodles (not the fake ones) are right out.
>>
File: png2013-05-10-16h30m05s34.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
png2013-05-10-16h30m05s34.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
You can't just isolate and ask to get rid of white rice to lose weight.

Since you're Asian it's likely that meals are cooked for the family. So you can't ask for brown rice as others don't eat it.

You also haven't said how much weight you want to lose and what else you are doing to lose weight.

Context please.
>>
>>36562336
Eat both, actually
>>
>>36562479
Wasn't really trying to get rid of white rice completely or anything. Just wanted to know if I should avoid it or if it was fine to eat. Based on other answers it seems like I should try to avoid it to a reasonable degree (not banned from eating it but not preferable right?) I guess I'll have to find food recipes where I don't have to eat rice all the time.
>>
File: 1459190184407.jpg (90 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459190184407.jpg
90 KB, 1080x1080
>>36562261

No. 0/100

>Brown rice only +1
>Long grain +2
>Wild +3

>>36562290

Wrong. It's never OK.

>cancer kek
>>
>>36562261
eating +500g / day
hope i do not die
>>
>>36562655
Eat white and brown rice together
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.