[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people still things like boxing and judo? Is it worth it to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1420139416465.jpg (47 KB, 714x399) Image search: [Google]
1420139416465.jpg
47 KB, 714x399
Do people still things like boxing and judo? Is it worth it to see what's around my area and join a place?

There is nothing in my life that keeps me entertained. I'm looking for something to be passionate about. Everything is so dull and I don't know what I'm doing. I hate my only interests so I'm trying to branch out.
>>
>I hate my only interests

I don't know about judo but boxing is a great sport if you enjoy being pushed to your limits and don't mind massive potential brain damage. If you live near a boxing gym and are interested you may as well check it out.
>>
Judo's good if you can find a club with a lot of active/former competitors. Avoid ones that have juniors and seniors mixed. Also consider wrestling which if you're in the USA should be easy to find.
>>
Just started judo but have mixed feelings. Great for cardiovascular and flexability but reminded me of highschool wrestling, which was the worst 4 months of my life every year
>>
Yes people still do boxing and judo stuff. Muay Thai is also popular right now so it's easy to find gyms and classes for that.
YMCAs often have free beginner boxing lessons if you want to try it out, you should check yours.

What hobbies do you have now that you hate so much OP?
>>
>>36561958
Whenever I do combat sports I get terribly injured within 6 months. This holds true for Tang Soo Do, wrestling, Karate, and MMA. I feel like those number 1 draft picks that people forget about because they are never healthy.
>>
File: 1402919781797.gif (1 MB, 436x631) Image search: [Google]
1402919781797.gif
1 MB, 436x631
>>36562165
Drawing, which makes me want to die, and writing, which also makes me want to die. I don't really have any other interests. Creative processes are so woven into my self that I have a hard time trying to doal anything else. But drawing and writing are ruining my mental health. I had to start taking varying medications for my chronic depression and anxiety, all because of fucking DRAWING and writing. It doesn't help when I read, which makes me want to write. Watching anime will have the same effect with drawing.

I just sit around all day doing nothing because I know if I try to do anything it's just going to put me in a bad mood. I was trying to draw for several hours earlier today but it made me feel like dongs.

I've thought about going out and trying to find other things to do, but I can't think of much that I care about. Everything feels so incredibly dull.
>>
>>36562251
If you've ever messed with meditation look in to qigong. The base and gateway to tai chi and other martial arts. An art form that can keep you busy with learning for literally decades with mental and physical health benefits.
>>
>>36562251
You need to do something technical.
Martial arts is a good fit, you may also want to try out something mechanical and measurable like cars or bikes.
It sounds like you need something you can improve and work on from a completely objective standpoint.
>>
>>36561958
Go train at a local MMA gym. Then you can do grappling and striking both usually with the same fee up to 7 days a week. You might have to complete a beginner course in BJJ or MMA first.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.