[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I keep doing 3x5, never use dumbbells, never change the reps,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: laughingcunts.jpg (329 KB, 1022x1433) Image search: [Google]
laughingcunts.jpg
329 KB, 1022x1433
>I keep doing 3x5, never use dumbbells, never change the reps, never do isolations
>why do I keep stalling on ohp?
>>
>>36559870
Because OHP is the hardest to progress on and the biggest indicator of strength
>>
Because you need to read Practical Programming and learn how to progress your training to work through the plateau.

Also, eat more
>>
Exercises to isolate the deltoids, triceps, and traps helped me tremendously with OHP. At least do something like lateral raises, since lateral deltoids are often missed between the bench and OHP so they may be under developed
>>
>>36559870
3, 1, 2
>>
>>36559870
Jesus Christ
Shoo Shoo whore mouth
>>
>>36559870
what mader my ohp break the plateau

>belt
>train push presses to get dat lockout strenght
>cleaning the weight
>squeeze the bar
>psyche up and push real fast a.k.a. generate more power
>periodization
>train delts. Snatch did wonders for me.
>be patient. This fucker needs time
>>
I switched to Texas Method for OHP and it seems to be working:
>3 OHP days a week
>1 volume day
>1 light day
>1 5RM day
Just pressed 160x5 and 175x1 today @ 185 lbs.

Too bad I'm still DYEL looking. Fucking strength training meme'd.
>>
>>36559870
You answered your own question
>>
>>36560891
>>36560076
>>36560054
>>36560020
How retarded are all of you? OP is making fun of retards who only do OHP and complain about not progressing, hes not looking for advice
>>
What is OHP?
>>
>>36562444
Strict overhead press.

Switching to Sheiko OHP has gone from my goto to a lift ive made more of an accessory. Working sets right now 160 5x5, seems like it will do my shoulders well. I maxed out at 180x3 and can never get dat 185 up.
>>
>>36560876
Set and rep scheme pls man?
>>
Because 3x5 is a meme and the only reason people have success with it is because they become fatasses
>>
>>36559870

>3x5

You feel fit the meme. 5x12 is where it's at.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.