[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fitness and Weed General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Marijuana.jpg (2 MB, 2645x1982) Image search: [Google]
Marijuana.jpg
2 MB, 2645x1982
Cannabis smokers of /fit/ -

Has your relationship to weed changed since lifting?

Do you believe it has a positive effect on your path to self-improvement?

Can you see yourself still smoking it in 5 years?

Have you ever considered giving it up?

I'm purely asking because I believe it has immense psychological and spiritual benefits, and want to see what you guys think about it when it's coupled with a /fit/ and health lifestyle.
>>
>Has your relationship to weed changed since lifting?
No, weed has been part of my lifestyle prior to lifting and remains to be.

>Do you believe it has a positive effect on your path to self-improvement?
Yes. It made me look into meditation which in itself was a huge step to self-improvement.

>Can you see yourself still smoking it in 5 years?
Yes.

>Have you ever considered giving it up?

No, but I did go on a year break because of my old job. It wasn't difficult at all. If I wanted to quit, I could as long as I have other things in life to keep me occupied.
>>
>>36559317
If you can control the munchies, it's definitely fine. It's been great for me. It's a good alcohol substitute when cutting or just watching calories in general. That being said, some people literally seem to not be able to control the munchies at all and will eat everything.
>>
Doesnt really matter that much but it just makes me a lazy slob and messes with my sleep.

I dont believe it has any self improvement benefits to it. But it is fun here and there.
>>
>>36559317
i smoke every day

It's really awesome and fun/

My problem was always with being a hard gainer and I compete in powerlifting so getting the munchies every night is actually beneficial for me. But if you're on some kind of a diet probably try to stay away from smoking too often.
>>
I'm trying to quit smoking so I can focus more on lifting.

I've been smoking for like 6 years straight so I've become a lazy little bitch 2bhfampai
>>
Has anybody here gone through the panic attack stage of weed? I tend to feel as though I'm really paranoid and anxious whenever I have a couple tokes and it's really hard to sit through. It wears down and I can continue smoking through the evening afterwards, but I've noticed it makes me a stupid mess.

Perhaps my 3 year long on-and-off relationship to this drug has come to an end? It's annoying how I don't know how to solve the problem, the panic attacks are pretty consistent.
>>
>>36559558
Have you done any hallucinogens in that time?
>>
>>36559583
I've done acid twice but both were very positive and beneficial trips I knew how to handle.

I think it could be potentially some difficult life circumstances I had 4 months ago, but everything has been settled for a while. Perhaps I'm still carrying the tension from that? I'm unaware of how to alleviate it without expensive therapy though. Perhaps meditation?
>>
I eat and sleep a lot because of weed so perfect for making gains.
I also rarley drink alcohol because of it, so even better for gains.

Listening to a great playlist while high is something I really really like, only thing missing is a gf to cuddle
>>
>>36559611
Sleeping whilst high isn't really that good. I can sleep for 10 hours and not feel rested, and find that I perform slightly worse at most activities the day after. I've seen research that indicates THC may interfere with REM sleep, but that could also depend on CBD and other factors.
>>
>>36559674
It stops you dreaming I know that for sure. Weed hangovers are also real and grim. I also found I performed less intelligently at my job during a week of smoking so I've lightened my use significantly.
>>
>>36559317
No I have a bigboy job.
>>
>>36559317

Not tryna get brain damage
>>
>>36559558
panic attacks are brought on by weed. it is not CAUSED by weed.

meaning the panic attacks are coming from an underlying issue in your life.

source: same fucking thing happened to me, figure my shit out in life and now i can smoke weed all day with no anxiety.

also i use to get it very bad to the point where id take a bong hit and be catching a ride in an ambulance for being such a huge pussy
>>
>I'm purely asking because I believe it has immense psychological and spiritual benefits,

Pffffft
>>
>>36559751
Damn. Interesting. I better do some work on who I am. Thanks man.

>>36559779
>has never smoked weed
>>
>>36559751
This guy gets it.
Weed will reveal underlying problems within your life an magnify them. You will realize things you wouldn't have before and overthink things immensely, at least that's what has happened in my experiences.
>>
>>36559787

I have. It made me relaxed and sleepy. Which is fine if that's what you want, but "spiritual benefits"? Fucking lol
>>
File: 1452695275077.png (255 KB, 837x602) Image search: [Google]
1452695275077.png
255 KB, 837x602
>>36559804
Also, try watching a movie that you greatly admire for its "lesson" or theme. Specifically about a common problem or human condition that people suffer from.
Ghost in The Shell is a great choice, if you're in to that.
>>
>>36559787
>>36559804
lmao dude weed!
>>
>>36559317
Sorry but if you do weed then you belong behind bars. Drugs are fucking dumb and I hope you get your head broken open because that's what you're basically doing to yourself putting those TOXINS in your body. Fuck you. Scum fuck assholes
>>
>No idea where to get some in my city

Considering messaging a guy I worked with 2 years ago and asking him but I kinda want to keep this private.

Any tips?
>>
>>36559829
I'm just echoing what I've preached in the past, or at least what others have said to me.
I see it in the people that I've smoked with as well.
For me, it made me think that everything that I did was fucking stupid and that I was a loser, and other times, I just wanted to sit back and watch funny videos.
The latter is obviously a much more enjoyable trip.
>>
>>36559751

This. I used to get this so badly; half a joint and I'd have to make an excuse to go home and hide in my room lel.

I think it stemmed from being anxious about the future. Now my life is going the way I want it to I can enjoy weed a lot more.
>>
Enjoy your brain damage
>>
>>36559814
>expecting serious talk with stoners
Stoners lie. Stoners bullshit. End of story
If you ever treat stoners seriously you should kill yourself
>>
>>36559943
Did a stoner fuck your crush or your ex gf? So much salt.
>>
>>36559943
stoners are such boring losers.Not even lying.
>>
>smoke in high school, all the times were typical eat lazy do nothing
>At the time like drinking way better, smoke very seldomly
>one night at age 20 get high with friends and forget I got gym later
>go high
>pump was insane
>can feel my muscle contracting way better
>afterwards the endorphine high was amazing
>over time have trained myself to where when I smoke, I am ready to lift, kinda like pre workout ritual such as taking prewoekout etc
>go to gym high every day now
>keep one hitter (metal cigarette) and that's all I'll ever smoke, so it's not an expensive habit
>go home cook all meals after which is fun af high
I can't build a tolerance either, have been using the one hitter pre gym for about 2 years now and it's always enough. Sometimes too much even. Im sure if I smoked to get high as possible I would but I stay fairly lean year round and work a physical job so am constantly burning energy. Music gets me amped too so when my jams come on at the gym I am always p stoked.
>>
>>36560086
Yeah man, I feel you. Feels like a video game working out high
>>
i used to smoke weed then i quit for the fuck of it and realized I was just using it as a mental crutch and I was actually far better without it

haven't smoked since canada day, 2 years ago
>>
I find it can bring up some issues in me. Most times it's great as a chill out thing but it just takes one bad night and fuck I need to go back to my therapist. I can't smoke if I've got shit in my life/on my mind, only when the times are good.

I don't like that it makes me less inclined to lift, but I like that it has helped me come to terms with some of the less happy points in my life so I guess it can help with self improvement.
>>
>>36560313
Respect for quitting. No matter how many people argue, weed is a drug and it has negative associations in the wrong life situation.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.