[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys develop such good self control? I'm a bigger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 960x960
How do you guys develop such good self control?

I'm a bigger than most guy (5'10-232 lbs) and I've been trying to lose weight for a while now (about 4 days). I actually had a good eating routine but I slipped back I to my old habits and I splurged pic related in one sitting.

What do I honestly do guys? I don't mean to be like the >muhgenetics crew but I've been eating horribly my entire life with fatty foods and I don't think my body is biologically used to healthy food which is why it's lashing out.

Pls help.
>>
>>36558992
No man you're just pathetic and have no self discipline because it's a completely foreign concept to you. Fast for 24 hours now that you ate all that icecream fatty.

Forge your mind before you forge your body or you will never make it.
>>
In the short term, will power and not buying the foods that you're addicted to, so that they're not constantly around you.

In the long term it's all about momentum and takes much less effort.
>>
What sort of restrictions have you set for yourself?
>>
>>36558992
Giving up already?
What a fatty thing to do. Keep going, you spineless jelly gut.
>>
>>36558992
Please don't post here again until you do some research for your own.
Every picture you see on this board of someone with an impressive physique literally can't relate to you op, they were never as clueless as you were.
Everyone started at the same place at one point is a meme.
You don't care enough about fitness and health, youre wasting your time if that is your goal because you will be stuck in that yoyo diet deal for ever.
youre better off forgetting these goals and going back to your old ways because ultimately it will be better for your mental health.
Honestly what you do is forget about losing weight because if it was something that was in the realm of possibility it would have happened by now.
>>
>>36558992
the more you do it the easier it becomes.

you've made a habit of eating unhealthy foods, so you have to unlearn the bad habit and make one of eating healthy foods. no secret to it, just time and perseverance. you can work out any number of mental tricks to help you do it, but this is the underlying principle.
>>
>>36559040
Definitely way easier once you build momentum. Get up, try again, and don't fuck it up this time Anon.
I've lost 100 pounds now. First few weeks were agonizing. It just feels like everyday life now. Eventually it becomes habit instead of something you force yourself to do.
>>
>>36558992

>and I've been trying to lose weight for a while now (about 4 days)

Lol

>What do I honestly do guys?

Stop buying ice cream when you're trying to lose weight you fucking idiot.
>>
>>36558992
GO VEGAN
literally it's like an actual reason to not go for junk food since most of it's made with animal products
>>
>>36559344

He'll just gorge himself on bread
>>
I spend most of my waking hours with a dip in. It suppresses my appetite, works as a bit of a stimulant, and keeps me from wanting to put food in my mouth
>>
If you don't want to eat shitty food when the cravings start, then don't store shitty food in the house.

Only buy healthy food; add a decent amount of vegetables to your meals (fiber is great for combating hunger) and eat high protein (protein takes longer to digest than carbs and makes you feel full faster).
>>
>>36559034
>>36559077
>>36559078
>>36559156
>>36559344
>>36559367
Spanish many jelly skellies in this thread. Start lifting and you will burn fat and build muscle in the beginming. Also it's easier after you have built some momentum.
>>
Make healthy versions of your cravings.

Most people here could probably throw me, yet I consider just about every one of my meals dessert.

Tadaa
>>
>>36559344
It doesn't matter if you're vegan if you still consume a surplus you idiot.
>>
>>36559034
>>36559077
>>36559156

Why are you guys so mean? But thanks to the other posters I guess.
>>
>>36559924
It's 4chan, go figure.
>>
>>36559924
You never answered my question
>>36559074
>>
>for a while
>4 days

what
>>
the hunger you're feeling isn't life threatening. it's just what your body is used to and it wants to be fulfilled.

Hunger in this sense means your diet is working, so why stop whats working.
>>
File: 1448426192768.jpg (121 KB, 455x963) Image search: [Google]
1448426192768.jpg
121 KB, 455x963
You have to make a whole lifestyle change dude, you don't want to lose a couple of pounds and then splurge on ice cream because you think you deserve a prize.
Your hunger is psychological. The only thing that worked for me was asking myself a lot of questions about the shit I craved: find your own answers and be determined in your struggle to achieve your goal body.
That Ben&Jerry only made you more depressed.
>>
It took me one year to go from 295 to 135. I would have gotten to that sooner if I didn't make any mistakes. The key is not beating yourself up over it. Just press onward and never look back.

The first two weeks are going to be hard as fuck. You're going to make some mistakes. Don't be discouraged. Treat sugar like smoking and cut it out completely. You're going to be miserable, but you will get over that. Just keep railing away at it and focus only short term, 5-10 pounds at a time. Before you know it the weight will melt off, and when your body is light enough for sustained exercise, then it's going to really snowball.
>>
>>36558992
I just raised my tdee til self control didn't matter. Keep active and keep packing on muscle and eventually it won't even matter. I cut on about 3000 calories because I keep my tdee high and I have enough lean body mass that my bmr is a little under that anyways.
>>
>>36558992

I don't know what to tell you other than you have to really, really want to lose weight.

I was fat most of my life and then one day decided I was over it (mostly due to a doctor telling me I needed to lose weight). Changing your diet dramatically is not easy to do - AT FIRST. After a few weeks of really, really, REALLY trying, you will get used to it. You will see results and you will get addicted to those results. As much as I love a greasy burrito, seeing the scale go down, clothes getting looser, getting compliments/mires, oh my god it makes losing weight so god damn worth it.

So, tl;dr it is all within you. No one can help you except yourself.

Tips: eat while naked and staring in the mirror. This is so effective for me.

Drink shit tons of water.

Eat as many calories as you can from protein.

Meal prep healthy food.

DO NOT BUY any bad food. If you get the urge, LEAVE THE STORE. Don't think "oh i'll just eat a handful of chips." No motherfucker, you know you're going to eat the whole god damn bag and ruin your entire day.
>>
>>36559344
Deep Fried Oreos
>>
>>36558992
>4 days
You guys really gotta get better at baitin' This is reddit level baiting here
>>
>>36558992

you can choose to be ripped, or choose to be a fatass

do you want to be fit? then dont eat crap.
>>
>>36558992
disassociate food with pleasure, develop hobbies if you haven't already.
>>
>>36558992
>I'm a bigger than most guy

Start counting your calories that's what I'd recommend
FOR YOU ahahahahah
>>
Honestly I don't think my self-control is that amazing, I just don't get very hungry throughout the day so long as I'm hitting ~1200 calories.
>>
>>36558992
There is no secret. You either want it or you don't.

Willpower is a myth. There is only drive. Eating a whole pint of ben and jerrys sounds amazing to me literally always. But i know what i want and i know what i need to do to achieve it. So i don't.

Kind of like how playing vidya and jacking it in mommies basement sounds easy and painless, but i have goals and shit so i work and save.
>>
>>36560034
What do you mean by 'restrictions'?

I stopped eating sugary stuff. No sugar t all in my drinks and I literally only drink water.

I eat what me mom makes desu. And that's usually healthy stuff.
>>
>>36560300
Tdee?
>>
>>36558992

Don't buy shitty food
Don't keep shitty food around the house

The longer you don't eat trash the less appealing it seems. I used to drink 2-3 Cokes a day now the thought of drinking Coke almost makes me sick. Man that feeling you get in your mouth from eating sugar all the time is fucking gross. Once that goes away and you realize how much better you feel just all around without sugar the easier it gets.
>>
>>36558992

>for a while now (about 4 days).

I started out about where you are (6'1" 240). That was six months ago. Today I weighed in at 193.

I had made several half-assed attempts in the past and never really got anywhere, but this time it was different. I just decided, right then and there, I was going to do this or literally die trying.

You might look into keto. That's what worked for me. You are literally, physically addicted to sugar and keto will help you break that.
>>
>>36559078
What a faggot, jesus

>didn't change your life on the first attempt? better give up

Meat heads like you keep this nation from getting fit
>>
>>36562195

That's a good start, but as I found out, it's not enough to just say "eat this because it's healthy, don't eat that because it's not healthy". You also need to learn portion control, i.e. count calories.

Don't think of it as "going on a diet". Think of it as "learning how to eat like people who aren't fat eat normally."
>>
File: png2013-05-10-16h34m23s116.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
png2013-05-10-16h34m23s116.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
How long did it take you to put on all your fat?

Do you think your body could handle losing heaps of weight all in a short time? Do you think you would then maintain it for a long time?
>>
>>36559396
Is jaw cancer really worth it?
>>
>>36559924
because it's what you need to hear man
>>
>>36562414
i mean my goals in life are for people to literally hate me, feel intimidated and fearful
Gotta keep up the good work!
How are your life goals coming along?
>>
>>36559396
What is this?
>>36562613
Huh?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (42 KB, 271x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
42 KB, 271x200
>>36558992
You fat fuck, you can't really handle yourself to not eat a fucking icecream?
>>
>>36564264
i will do half the work
Type this in google "slang: dip"
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.