[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PUUUUUUUUSH UUUUUUUUUUUPS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Push-Ups.jpg (36 KB, 540x383) Image search: [Google]
Push-Ups.jpg
36 KB, 540x383
How good are calisthenics for muscle growth?
>>
>>36558482
not as good as lifting, but not bad. you'll plateau though
>>
Definitely a solid way to start. I did nothing but natty calisthenics for years and got into pretty decent shape. But lifting takes it to the next level.
>>
300 push ups, 300 sit ups, 10km run a day believe me you'll be good ;0
>>
>>36558482
In terms of strength? Great for handling your bodyweight. Does not transfer over to lifting.
In terms of mass/size? Terrible. You can never progress past ottermode.
>>
>>36558662
is Brad Pitt fightclub ottermode? Be pretty happy with that?
>>
>>36558482
Great if you actually progress to more difficult exercises.
>>
>>36558482
Calisthenics are good but you MUST progress to planche from there to have any decent level of strength
>>
k
>>
is it true that you just do push ups youll get a muscular imbalance?
>>
File: Abraxo.png (418 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Abraxo.png
418 KB, 600x800
>>36558482
>>
>>36558662
Been doing calisthenics for 2 years and now i'm not growing any muscle but still getting better at certain exercises and tricks such as planche or handstands, i gained 12kg in one year and 4 in the second, and in terms of strength i went only once to the gym and benched pressed 100kgx3 reps don't know if it's good or not
>>
File: MSILRWE.jpg (73 KB, 924x1158) Image search: [Google]
MSILRWE.jpg
73 KB, 924x1158
triple digits, I feel like dying
>>
>>36558652
God damn I need to stop watching anime
>>
File: image.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250 KB, 1920x1080
>>36558482
>>/asp/1083806
This is the body weight general. Gymnastics are GOAT if you follow a good routine. In 4-6 years of hard work you can expect to be doing high level movements(planche, rope climbs, front lever, handstand pushups(full range of motion)). There's great carry over to lifting and if you do cardio every morning you'll be set. The only thing is you'll need to squat still bc pistol squats can only get you so far.
>>
Do a push up with correct form. Go slow, at the bottom stop for 2-3 seconds at the top don't lock out go back down just before locking out. Add backpack.
>>
>>36559897
>>>/asp/1083806
>>
>>36559691
I've seen this picture posted a few times around this board.. wtf is the point?
>>
>>36559803
I'm at 300 /fit/ and just crying while I go

pls motivate me to live
>>
Rolling
>>
>>36558482
It's not the quickest way, but from what I've noticed they last longer once you have them (can take awhile though)

>>36558662
I'm going to disagree with this anon, obviously benching is the best way to get better bench, but it definitely does transfer over

You won't get massive, but you'll be strong, and there isn't much else like completing your first one arm handstand push-up
>>
Muscle ups, dips and pull ups will get u jacked brah. Learn to handstand then do handstand pushups. Your make gains but start learning different pull up variations and dip variations. Ppush ups are a meme
>>
roll i'll do a set before bed
>>
JUST
>>
aaaa
>>
>>36558662
Yeah that's why people get massive when they go to jail even tho weights are not allowed and all they can do are push ups, pull ups and dips. But hey u said u cant so i guess u cant HAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>36559993
>has fibreglass for strenghtening them joint stabilizers
>has antiseptic as anti-inflammatory and recovery purposes
Abraxo is god-tier supplement
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.