[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the leg press really as bad as people meme about it being?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: leg-press.jpg (206 KB, 999x788) Image search: [Google]
leg-press.jpg
206 KB, 999x788
Is the leg press really as bad as people meme about it being? Everywhere I look everyone is always talking about how dangerous and bad for your joints it is, but in 95% of all programs, whether BB brosplits or powerlifting training cycles, even in Wendler's 5/3/1, it is the #1 go-to accessory exercise for leg training.

What's the deal?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qP2wnlwOFU
>>
>>36556219
Then don't fucking lock your knees. Joints shouldn't be locked anyway during most excersises.

Also, you can't compare some weak dyel woman to actual fit people. Her knees are probably weak as fuck due to her being untrained.
>>
I use leg press and split squats as my gym has a smith machine press just dont lock your legs out
>>
>>36556219
Literally everyone has already seen this, why do you guys feel compelled to post it every single time
>>
>>36556191
It's good for supplementing your leg growth granted you are already doing your squats and deadlifts, not much outside of that, although you shouldn't expect any major carry over to the big compounds.
>>
>>36556721
So noone uses this retarded useless machine
>>
>>36556191
>he fell for the free weights only meme
>>
>>36556191
It's like the leg curlbro version
>>
>>36556191
It is dangerous. People think squats and deadlifts are but in them you can always avoid injury if you're smart via setting up safeties or simply dropping the bar when pain is felt. Leg Press doesn't give you that kind of control, which might lead to incredibly shitty fuck ups no matter what you do.

Also unlike squats and deadlifts leg presses aren't essential for anything. They are like leg extensions, good for its purposes but come with a greater than gains injury risk.
>>
>>36556191
>What's the deal?
Message boards are honestly not a great place to go for info on anything since, if we aren't talking about Mathematics which is pretty much the only discipline with irrefutable proofs, then you're going to get eight million responses that are either correct, half correct or toally relative.

The leg press is fine. It can be hard on you, but hey, you can screw yourself up by doing dead lifts improperly, but does that mean we shouldn't do dead lifts? Of course not. Go ahead and do the leg press.
>>
The leg press is fine as an accessory movement. Squats should be the staple of your leg workout though. Don't go too heavy on legpress, use a weight that you can do a full ROM rather than just moving it a few inches with heaps of plates on the machine.
>>
> TFW I leg pressed 1000pounds at 19 when my ex-convict older brother was yelling in my face and some guy died on the treadmills behind us

Leg presses are fine OP. Just don't be retarded and you wont get hurt.
>>
Can always tell the <1 year lifters who bash on the leg press. Shit is cash homie! Squats first and blast those quads on the leg press!!!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.