[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FORM CHECK GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: vid_20160328_141215-_online-vi.gif (4 MB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
vid_20160328_141215-_online-vi.gif
4 MB, 288x216
ITT ask questions/post pics of your form, others give advice

Pic related is me on my last set of squats @ 110kg, is there anywhere I could improve form-wise? My back aches a bit after but that could have been the rows.
>>
>>36556056
Nais skuad mait :DDD
>>
File: Idontripiname.webm (297 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Idontripiname.webm
297 KB, 480x640
79kg x 3, 90-95% of max.
>>
>>36556635
Kek at lifting shoes and squatting less than 3 digit
>>
>>36556699
Olympic lifting without lifting shoes would be a bigger kek.
>>
>>36556711
I squat 3pl8 for reps barefoot. Always done it, never going to change. Feels alpha af
>>
>>36556741
lol
>>
bar travels a bit forward on the ascent, but probably doesnt have much to do with the back pain

i cant see anything concrete that would lead to back pain but somehow your form makes me feel like you're not doing the valsalva correctly. try different cues for bracing (prepare to take a punch, squeeze a shit. idk) and this might sound silly but try using a belt, it can sometimes help you learn to "activate" your trunk musculature better
>>36556635
try keeping your head more neutral, you look a bit retarded swinging your head around
the bar travels a bit back and forth at the bottom. the bottom part overall seems a bit too divebombish and uncontrolled with the knees swinging in every direction. stuff like that should fix itself with time (especially with your weights) but if you want you could try pause squats with a slow descent to try and get the bottom part more "natural"
>>
>>36556056
Drop some weight and do high rep sets, concentrating on keeping your chest up the whole time
Essentially, you have great torso position on the way down, but as soon as you start to come up, your upper body leans forward a bit, and as a result you have to engage your lower back to keep from falling over
I just caught myself doing what you're doing last week; it was becoming painful on my back at higher weight

>tl;dr
keep your chest higher on the way up; practice at lighter weight first
>>
>>36556635
focus on pushing your knees out as you go up
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.