[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I drop OHP and bench 3x a week? Why? Why not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 1080x720
Should I drop OHP and bench 3x a week?

Why? Why not?
>>
>>36554951
you should drop both and catch HIV you faggot
>>
>>36554964
If you OHP you'll increase the bench, if you bench you don't increase the OHP. If you want big pecs, bench with dumbbells instead.
>>
>>36555008
That's not true
>>
I'm seriously considering the other way : dropping Bench and OHPing every session. And doing some dips for the chest.
>>
>>36555407
Mad man. Bench is the superior lift.
>>
>>36555417
How so?
Aesthetics-wise, shoulders are much mor important than pecs.
Strength-wise, I find overhead movements much more impressive than benching.
>>
>>36555439
Many would disagree and say chest is more aesthetic. But that doesn't matter to me.

Lateral raises would give me larger lateral delts than overhead press ever would, strong front delts from bench press and strong rear delts from chin-ups. All of which I enjoy.

Overhead press is an awkward and uncomfortable movement, every rep is a grinder and you can't pile the weight on like the bench press.

The bench press allows me to use form efficiency to lift heavier weights while if I were to recreate that on the overhead press I'd be putting a lot of risk on my spine as I try to do a bench / press hybrid to lift actual heavy weights.

Overhead press also fucking kills my right shoulder for no obvious reason. No other lift does this and it's winding me up.
>>
I DO BOTH EVERY WORK OUT ITS FUCKING SICK FUARKKKK
seriously i always warmup shoulder cuz that what iwant the most
ohop 5x5 => seated should press 3x10
>front lat raises 3x10=>side lat raises 3x10

sqaut or diddly

into bench
thats like the first hour of your workout, after that is up 2 u
>>
>>36554951
I've done the opposite (doubled OHP and cut bench in half). Manlets and bitches are merlin my shoulders and traps.
>>
>>36555483
Better form.

I watch guys stack a ton for OHP and they have no problem. You;'re doing it wrong and or weak in other areas

Im weak AF but have upped my weight in the OHP.

I need to up my bench weight, not doing well with that
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.