[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcohol Withdrawal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Fuck, I get smashed evey night on vodka. I'm trying to slow down, I'm having withdrawal headaches as soon as I wake up now.
>>
Get medical help. The benzodiazepines will make things much easier.
>>
Damn, that's a nice cat. He natty?
>>
>>36554616
Relatively similar issue. I usually drank three to four nights a week and a friend said I couldn't just stop. To prove him wrong, I did. Been sober over two weeks now, but my depression has gotten super bad, sleep has become shit, and I am a lot more cynical. Saw a doc who said the effects of withdrawal from alcohol should have worn off after three days so now I have to go see a psychiatrist. Yay.
>>
>>36554861
>quit drinking
>get addicted to benzos
Great idea anon
>>
how long you been nailing the vodka and at what level?
>>
>>36554931
>drank three to four nights a week
That's most likely a placebo not withdrawal
>>
>>36554616
There's zero shame in getting help bro
I know from experience that alcohol withdrawal is one of the most painful things you can experience
>>
>>36556982
Half a year, i mainly drink vodka to avoid drinking beer and at keep my calories from alcohol at minimal. I drink at least 3-4 drinks, every night. Every night. Last two days I switched to about 4 beers with dinner only, but i still had some mild headaches. Just sucks knowing im addicted physically.
>>
>>36557049
What do you mean by three to four drinks? I mean, what volume?
>>
>>36557073
One drink i make at home is about a Pint glass 1/3 of the way full, then i top it off with ice and club soda.
>>
>>36554616
Moog is that you? Pls stop drinking ;-;
>>
>>36557103
Not Moog here.
>>
File: 1458344921301.jpg (28 KB, 567x567) Image search: [Google]
1458344921301.jpg
28 KB, 567x567
>>36554616
>withdrawal headaches as soon as I wake up
You mean a hangover? Oh shit son that's a severe addiction and a ruined liver!
>>
>>36557088
>1/3 of a pint = 5.3 oz. = 3.5 standard size drinks
>"3-4 drinks per night" is 10-14 standard size drinks

Nice knowin ya anon
>>
>>36557049
I'm not sure you're physically addicted though....

Most alcoholics keep drinking all day starting in the morning. You can at least weight until night.

Why don't you try taking something for the headaches? and cut down on the drinks.
>>
>>36554616
I am a recovering alcoholic, used to drink a bottle of cheap vodka a night. Nearly lost my job and family over it. At my lowest point, I would piss into a bottle and drink it to hide what I was doing. Checked myself into rehab center, first 3 days were hell but got through it. Been sober coming up 6 yrs now. GET HELP do not be like my brother, he never go help and died at 36. If you are having withdrawl issues than find a clinic to help you.
>>
>>36558081
>At my lowest point, I would piss into a bottle and drink it to hide what I was doing.

1. What
2. Why
>>
>>36554616
Taper.

Switch to beer on a 1 beer = 1 shot (1.5oz vodka) basis. Ration the beers evenly across your waking day decrease by one beer each day by delaying the time you start and going to bed earlier.

When you get down to four you can safely skip to zero as soon as you're ready.
>>
>>36558164
*by waking day I mean your current drinking span -- don't start earlier than you already do!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.