[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was anyone else kind of shocked at how much food 2,000 calories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 16
File: yutyuyuyu.png (17 KB, 705x269) Image search: [Google]
yutyuyuyu.png
17 KB, 705x269
Was anyone else kind of shocked at how much food 2,000 calories actually amounts to?

I just had a bowl of oatmeal, and a huge fuckin' burrito. I used oil to fry the egg, put cheese in the burrito, and put sugar in the oatmeal, so it's not like I was depriving myself of any of the indulgences normally found in the common person's diet.

I thought I'd be constantly hungry, but 2,000 calories broken into 3 meals is actually a hell of a lot of food if you're not going full retard and eating something like say, a tiny Lil Debbie "donut stick" which comes in at over 400 calories by itself, and leaves you starving 30 minutes later.

Makes me rethink the whole calories in/calories out mantra. Of course, it's still true, and is the basis of weight loss or gain, but in terms of useful dietary advice the hard, fast rule of "drink water, and cut out refined sugars" is probably more beneficial to the average person looking to diet.

But, fuck, so much food for 2,000 calories. I'm ashamed I ever got fat. Ignorance and food choice selection are truly the worst enemies of being fit.
>>
>>36554385
Bulking the first time made me lose sympathy for fat people.
>>
>>36554401
I could imagine. I don't know how "clean" bulkers do it.
>>
It is incredibly easy to blow through those 2k calories if you eat garbage/don't cook. Look at the labels on candy, chips, frozen pizzas, etc.

But yeah, my first bulk was the stuff of nightmare. I started it thinking I could bulk cleanly on eggs, rice, chili/beans, chicken and that was absolutely insane. That shit is so filling, you feel permanently full on a ~2000 calories diet, you just feel like you're stuffing your face 24/7. At some point I had to start eating extra with mcdoubles and shit.
>>
>>36554385
Lol you fucking skelly. 2000 kcal is nothing. I actually eat like 2 kg of salad for dinner so i don't starve on this shit. 2000 kcal isn't much you're just a fag. Now you know why no one believes the skellies when they talk about how much they eat and still can't gain weight.
>>
>>36554428
It's miserable desu. You just have to be eating all the time. I never really enjoyed eating that much but now I consider it a total chore. Calorie pills when.
>>
>>36554401
Why? They've been conditioned to eating that way for years and often when they were just children. And it's even easier for shorter men and especially women to become fat. I just don't know how some tall people manage to become fat as hell. I wonder what their day is like.
>>
>>36554506
Well, I don't have a sweet tooth so I can't relate to the eating garbage and drinking soda shit. But if you're not eating absolute garbage then 2k calories is a very reasonable amount of food and the amount required to become truly obese is ridiculous.
>>
Y'all can't be serious right here? Are we talking about 20.000 kcal or actually 2.000 kcal? I cut on 2.000 kcal and i am hungry all the time even though i have a 95% clean diet with lots of vegetables? You can't be having any troubles hitting that, even as a woman. And the sad part is most skellies here in this thread won't even gain on 2000 kcal
>>
Nope not really.

What shocked me was how easy it was to get enough proteins for the day.
>>
File: dr_fat_calves.jpg (481 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
dr_fat_calves.jpg
481 KB, 2560x1440
>>36554482
>skelly

Yeah, nah, I'm fat and stocky.
>>
Lel

I can eat 1000 calories in one meal of oats. 200g of the stuff and half a liter of milk and I'm set. Also I'll have some homemade hamburgers for another 1000 calories. 2k is easy. I bulk on 3k.
>>
>>36554533
2000 is a very reasonable amount of food if you're not eating garbage. I've done bulks and cuts so I know what both sides of the fence feel like.

I have a question for all the fat fucks. Why do so many of you eat until you're absolutely stuffed instead of just eating until you're not hungry. I see so many overweight people who don't seem to stop eating until their stomach hurts.
>>
>>36554533
If you think 2000 is easy you have def been eating like shit. I bulk on 3000+ and it's a huge pain in the ass. 2000 isn't much better. Thats still 4 scoops a day cmon, 2 chicken breasts and a giant steak. Take out the 100g protein from the shakes and I'd have to have a dozen eggs and another 2 chicken breasts.

Not to mention all the god damn veggies.
>>
>>36554560
Finally some one with a working penis.

>>36554574
As i stated i eat around a 2 kg portion of salad with 300 gram of beans for dinner so i feel satisfied. After that i have around 300 kcal left and for that i usually eat fruit. I eat like 100 kcal a day "dirty" foods. The rest is clean shit.
>>
When I started lifting it was hard to eat 2k a day. But I've learned how to keep shoveling food down my throat until I almost puke. If I'm really hungry I can eat 1200 calories of chicken in one meal.
>>
>>36554461

It's so fucking hard man. I've been on the McDouble detours to get those calories in as well.
>>
>>36554494
>Calorie pills when.
They are called almonds and oreos, friend.
>ib4 activated memes
>>
>>36554574
I could kill 4k calories per day easily, and be starving by the time I went to sleep. Of course, I was drinking Pepsi and eating frozen pizza and chips and shit. Food choice plays a huge role in how much food you get to eat and how satiated you are. That was the whole point of the OP.
>>
>>36554569
>Why do so many of you eat until you're absolutely stuffed instead of just eating until you're not hungry.
Because they are literally mentally ill.
>>
>>36554615
Yeah that's still food dawg. I would love it if I could wake up, pop a few 1k calorie pills depending on if I'm bulking or cutting, pop a multi vitamin and then just never be hungry or have to watch my diet again.
>>
>>36554560
Yeah me too. Oats are a staple of my diet and I eat at least 1000 calories of it every day. Nice fiber gains too.

It's not healthy but I sometimes head to Burger King and order a few double cheeseburgers for easy calories at the end of the day to hit those macros.
>>
File: VV7goZu.png (67 KB, 700x1013) Image search: [Google]
VV7goZu.png
67 KB, 700x1013
I thought cutting was hard until I restricted my diet to just chicken/fish and brown rice, and oats in the morning. I eat 1500 cal of that everyday and there's no way I'm hungry for more, unless I'm a weak willed faggot that gives in to cravings. Meal prep and cooking is just as important as forcing yourself to go to the gym. The sticky should emphasize and go more in depth with cooking simple nutritious meals imo.
>>
You guys realize 2.000 kcal is the lower limit of what an average non active male should eat in a day. It is by no means a lot of food.
>>
>>36554646
> no veggies
Ruh roh
>>
>>36554653
you should try reading the thread before adding your useless two cents
>>
>>36554638
That's sci-fi brah.

Just drink chocolate milk :)

You could put yourself on an IV drip of glucose, amino acids and fatty acids (saline and other stuff too) throughout the day or even while you're sleeping if you're bulking and don't wanna eat.

You really still should/would need to eat while doing that though.
>>
>>36554569
>Why do so many of you eat until you're absolutely stuffed instead of just eating until you're not hungry.
A lot of it is probably coping. Some people cut on themselves, some people fuck anyone who gives them a second of attention, some people starve themselves, some people immerse themselves in video games until their eyes look like strawberries, and some people literally fill the void with food.
>>
>>36554672
I dunno if we're that far off man. Google Soylent, I'm considering getting some of that shit, gonna do more research first though.

3 drinks a day isn't that different from 3 pills a day. I can probably handle 3 drinks though. It's mostly meal prep and cleanup that's a fucking pain.
>>
Dairy is bulking on easy mode, too bad it gives me awful acne so I can't abuse milk.

I still don't know how to bulk "easily," everything is so fucking filling when you also have to reach a certain amount of proteins. I just barely manage with a lot of ground beef but it's still not easy, being perma-full isn't a nice feeling.

>>36554668
Fuck veggies
>>
did you make an oat burrito wtf
>>
>>36554641
>>36554601
>cutting on carbs

Oh I see. You find it easy because you're stupid.

Youre wasting so many calories on oats and beans instead of putting those calories into meat. Thats why you find it easy. Your diet is probably 40% carbs and less than 150g protein. Thats easy mode.

I have 15% carbs and eat over 230g protein a day on a cut.
>>
>>36554745
In their defense, what you're doing is totally nonsensical.

like, you literally think there is anything wrong with carbs
>>
>>36554713
Soylent sounds good in theory, until you realize how low in calories that shit is, plus the cost.

A $2.50 bottle is 400kcal. For a 3k bulk, that'd be 8 bottles to drink a day, for a total of $20/day.
>>
>>36554726
egg, bean burrito. bowl of oatmeal.
>>
>>36554765
Hm. Maybe a combination of just enough soylent for nutrients and then mass gainer for calories? Pretty sure calorie for calorie mass gainer is pretty cheap.
>>
>>36554745
Congrats on being a fucking retard. Also beans contain a lot of protein.
>>
>>36554782
just make your own mass gainer.
make huge batches of high calorie shakes. i don't know why this is so hard.
whole chocolate milk
nuts/outs
peanut butter
banana
etc.
and just go with a multivitamin if you don't think you'll be getting the right micronutrients. jeeze.
or you could just do the once a week meal prep thing that bodybuilders do
jeez
>>
>>36554763
There's nothing wrong w carbs I'm just saying you have a certain allotment of calories for the day and I'd rather use those calories for protein than having too many carbs.

Also I'm just being a dick for no reason but still.
>>
>>36554848
nobody needs 230g of protein for anything ever

I mean, it doesn't even begin to make sense
>>
>>36554865
BUT MUH 1G PER BODYWEIGHT AT MUH 40% BODY FAT
>>
>>36554745
I'm not cutting tho. I've been underweight all my life.
>>
What kind of fish do you guys normally eat?
>>
>>36554829
>a lot
I wouldn't go that far. And yes I was being facetious I'm sorry. The only point I was trying to make is that 2000 calories on a majority of meat and fibrous (low calorie) veggies can be difficult.

A god damn giant tin of tuna (I eat 2 a day) is only 300 calories. Beans and oats are calorie dense as fuck
>>
>>36554897
>Beans and oats are calorie dense as fuck
not sure what you mean by "calorie dense" but I don't think anyone has ever described beans that way. I mean, they're literally all carbs and protein, and so much of it is fiber.
>>
>>36554897
Yeah who gives a damn about mercury.
>>
>>36554833
Lazyness mostly. I have shitty taste buds so I mostly just see eating as a chore. The home made gainer could be a decent idea though as long as I make it the exact same way every time so I only have to calculate everything once.
>>
>>36554897
Pork chops have 221 calories per 100 grams. Half a kilo a day and that's over 1000 calories. And 20g protein per 100 g.

Not hard at all.
>>
>>36554539
Fucking shit photo
>>
>>36554893
Tuna
>>
>>36554865
You do when you weigh 230lbs and you're cutting, anon.

Youre going to post the "study" about only needing 0.8g/pound as your evidence. But then I'm going to say ok, so I only eat 180g of protein. Where do I get the other 1200 calories from? And you'll answer from carbs and fat.

But I'm cutting anon, I don't need that many carbs as its just wasted energy and will be stored. So what do I do? Eat less? Now I'm greatly under my maintenance calories and in the zone for muscle loss.

The remedy? Eat 230g of protein or more, even though my body can't "use" all of it, it is a calorie filler that isn't being taken by carbs and fat. Excess protein is broken down and wasted and I have enough calories to not wither away into nothing.

So again, I'll say that given the choice to fill my calorie allotment w carbs or protein, I'll pick protein every time.
>>
Lol if you eat fish. It's all full of worms and parasites. Literally trash food.
>>
>>36554961
I'm not set up lighting to prove I'm a lard ass, Tammy
>>
>>36554385
>Makes me rethink the whole calories in/calories out mantra.
literally that is all you are doing.
>>
>>36554919
Are you serious? Pound for pound beans have a crazy amount of calories. Same with peanuts. There's a reason why they're god tier bulk food
>>
>>36554973
That assumes you have a healthy bodyfat percentage, stupid.

If you're 500lbs, and told to go on a diet, do you eat 400 some odd grams of protein per day?

Stop pretending like you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>36554973
Calorie is a calorie, no matter its source.

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>36554973
I wasn't going to post any study. You don't need 180 grams either

also, you lose more fat by having high carbs and cutting out your fat

also, you seem to be under the impression that excess carbs will become fat, while excess protein will become nothing.

But the truth is, as long as you are eating below your maintenance, none of that is going to be stored.
>>
>>36554973
>my body stores the excess fat and carbohydrate calories
>my body uses excess protein calories
>>
>>36555012
Well no shit dude. Thats not an argument.

>if you're 95 years old you think you should eat 1g protein per pound a day?!

I'm talking about us fit people. I'm 6'4 220lbs (now, t-thanks cut) and at 15% bf. If you're a tubbo it's going to be different

When I'm bulking or at maintenance, I eat way more carbs than I do now because I'm way more active.
>>
>>36554919
>350 cals for 100 g
>not calorie dense
Niggah, you live on oil or something?
>>
>>36554999
no they don't. beans are all protien and carbs. Protein and carbs (all of them) are 4 kcal/g.

This is lessened a bit with beans, as a great deal of those carbs are fiber, and therefore undigestible.

peanuts, on the other hand, are largely fat
>>
File: stefan.jpg (64 KB, 1453x862) Image search: [Google]
stefan.jpg
64 KB, 1453x862
>>36555056
not an argument
>>
>dirty bulk
>lmao all my cals in 2.5 meals

>clean bulk
>a field of broccoli, dyson chicken farm and donkey kong's banana hoard
>>
>>36555060
What are you talking about? 100g of protein/carbs is going to be 400 calories. That's how those macronutrients work.

They work slightly differently with beans, because beans have so much fiber, and fiber calories are often not counted because they can't be digested
>>
File: sardines.jpg (55 KB, 522x299) Image search: [Google]
sardines.jpg
55 KB, 522x299
>>36554893
>>
>>36554893
Salmon and talapia. Not a fan of tuna, ate too much as a kid.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-11-11-51-02.png (285 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-11-11-51-02.png
285 KB, 1080x1920
>>36555052
>>36555044
>>36555025
>this is what teenagers on fit actually believe

Ok, go tell Lyle Mcdonald that PSMF is bullshit while you're at it.

The calorie is a calorie meme needs to stop. The body uses carbs, protein and fat differently. If you're a fat turd then sure, eat less and lose weight, congrats. But athletes and actual fit people need to dial it in better than that.

Pic related is my diet for the past month and I'm down 15 lbs and have actually gained on all my lifts. How mad are you right now
>>
File: 1459016320718.gif (397 KB, 245x138) Image search: [Google]
1459016320718.gif
397 KB, 245x138
>>36555122
Why would anyone be mad that a retard is losing weight?
>>
>>36555122
tell literally who that what is bullshit?

I'm not mad at all, because I'm not a fatass.

but the actual science has actually shown that people like you (fat people) lose a lot of weight on high carb diets.
>>
Almost all young bloods can eat too much protein with out a problem. That's over 180g of protein - there are exceptions. However, all individuals whom can't handle excessive protein usually no who they are. Most are not on this thread.
I have been informed by three excellent trainers that I can handle 2500 calories without bloating and resulting in walrus planet. I'm small but muscular for an 'ole fart. Additionally, I have tremendous energy - another matter entirely. Of course, I'm in training 3x a week, and I swim, row, and spin.
Peace
>>
File: 1445795477389.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1445795477389.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>36555122
maximum kek.
>>
>>36555122
..... having said that, my STRENGTH has gone up but I can barely do more than 6 reps lmao

So tired... not a sustainable diet, but not meant to be.
>>
>>36555139
>>36555144
>>36555175
More proof you're all teens with barely any lifting experience

Go flex to the Tinder sluts.

>people on a fitness board don't even know who Lyle Mcdonald is
Fucking christ
>>
>>36555122
You gon die, son. You're kidneys can only deal with so much brotein, dial that shit back.
>>
>>36554569
The feeling of satiety varies in intensity from person to person. This is easily observed with kids. When offered excessive food, some will stop eating when they're full, other will keep snacking as long as there's any. That's how bad eating habits are formed. Some parents will think because their kid is still eating, it means he's still hungry.
>>
>>36555214
You should actually reread what Lyle's actual views are. You've misinterpreted his claims.
>>
>>36555214
confirmed for fat plifter
>>
>>36555214
>plebs don't even know [fitness charlatan #17455]. fucking kids. I wish I weren't so fat D:
>>
>>36555279
>>36555291
I'm 15% lmao and started as a 6'4 skellington

>>36555266
How
>>
>There are people ITT RIGHT NOW who aren't whole foods, plant-based vegans
>>
>>36554569
These people aren't eating like five servings of plain grilled chicken, they're eating things that are full of fat and sugar, so while not only adding calories without satiety, it also tastes good so they want to eat more of it. You can't get fat off spinach, no matter how hard you try.
>>
>>36555122
If my math is not off thats like 1200 calories. I was under the premise this thread was discussing bulking on a "clean" diet and the large volume of food required. 1200 calories clean or dirty is not in my opinion a significant volume of food.
>>
>>36554533
This. I don't get the 'clean bulking is hard' thing.
Breakfast: 1c oats made with skimmed milk, 2 boiled eggs ~590cal
Morning snack: Apple ~100
Lunch: 2 sweet potatoes, chicken breast, veggies (all prepared w/olive oil) ~700cal
Mid afternoon if hungry: Sardines or dark chocolate 140cal
Dinner:Beef steak, brown rice, veggies ~700cal
Snack: Mixed nuts 300cal
Before bed: Olives and quark/cottage cheese 300cal
3000 calories before even adding in milk, cheese, protein shakes
Most of the stuff is cheap or can be replaced by something cheap with similar macros
Can also be done with tupperware
>>
>>36555455
Yeah my diet is a bit off topic. PSMF is basically a crash diet for maximum fat loss while minimizing muscle loss.

It's actually pretty easy, minus the lethargy
>>
>>36555578
>7 meals
>ridiculous amount of food
easy as pie!
>>
File: thank skellie.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
thank skellie.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>36555773
>Apple
>Sardines or dark chocolate
>Nuts
>250g tub of quark

>meals
>>
>>36555818
Yes, fatty. Meals.
>>
>>36555578
that's a shit ton of food.
>>
>>36554385
I have 3100 as a goal on MFP. Unless I forget about it or are really not hungry it's not that difficult.
I have always been a big eater though, one of those skellies that eat like a fatass

>>36554428
What is considered "not clean"?
>>
>>36554385
After starting to count my calories I grew to become annoyed with eating out.
I mean, I love it but it's such a hassle to count it.
For example yesterday I ate 1.5k between breakfast and lunch and then ate sushi all u can eat. I'm pretty sure I hit my goal (since I also drank after) but my OCD hurts
>>36554482
3/10
>>
>>36555122
I'm gonna go ahead and listen to national health guidelines instead of a "coach" that suggests I eat 200grams a day of protein
>>
>>36555905
You can't seriously consider an apple or 2 squares of 90% chocolate 'meals'

>>36555908
It really isn't but a lot of it can just be replaced with whole milk/protein shakes/gouda/nut butters/bananas/olive oil etc
>>
>>36555962
>What is considered "not clean"?
Junk food, unhealthy foods, processed foods
>>
>>36556073
>a tub of quark
>can of sardines
>300 g nuts

Yes. Meals.
>>
>>36556064
>national health guidelines

They recommend an obscene amount of your diet be made up of carbohydrates though
>>
>>36556075
ok, so I'm good. thought white pasta could be considered not clean.
>>36556101
yes, and?
>>
File: laughing spanish man.jpg (40 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
laughing spanish man.jpg
40 KB, 600x600
>>36554973
>this post
>>
>>36556112
>ok, so I'm good. thought white pasta could be considered not clean.
>processed foods
I covered that, m8
>>
File: kirill_sarychev.jpg (79 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
kirill_sarychev.jpg
79 KB, 604x604
>>36556099
>250g tiny delicious tub of soft cheese
>90g delicious versatile can of sardines
>One handful, 50g, 300 calories of mixed nuts (THE most delicious snack in the world, as if you couldn't easily eat 2000kcal of these if you had no self control)

>""meals""
Maybe if you're a woman. Manly men like me eat 12oz steaks served with roast and/or mashed potatoes. That's a meal
>>
you dont know pain till you try to break through a plateau at low bodyfat

bulking is a fucking joke, cutting low is the hard part
>>
>>36554385
Or you can split it into 4 meals. That's 500cal per meal which is hella easy.
>>
>>36556190
Post pic, fatty
>>
>>36556228
I'm actually a skeleton
What is your definition of a snack if you consider an apple or 20g of dark chocolate meals?
>>
>>36556144
how is pasta bad?
>>
>>36556290
Refined grains are poison
I hope you don't eat white bread too
>>
>>36556272
>skeleton
>manly men
Pic one. You obviously fail to eat as much as you claim.
>>
>>36556331
I know you may not be used to substantiate your claims, but just writing something without a "because" is completely worthless
>>
>>36556064
>>36556064
Thats cool because PSMF is actually a diet given by medical practitioners to obese people.

That "coach" (one of the leading physiologist and nutrition experts in past few decades) just customized it for bodybuilders.

>>36556123
Still waiting for a legitimate argument against it.

It's been a few hours and all I've gotten are faggots like you with no clue about anything giving their worthless opinion.
>>
>>36556290
White pasta sucks. No nutrients and insulin spikes. If you eat high quality whole grain stuff it's different tho.
>>
>>36556351
I only just started bulking, the manly thing was obviously irony, and I still want to know what you consider to be a snack if you think a small apple is a 'meal'
>>
>>36556384
Simple. Half an apple :^)
>>
>>36556361
>to obese people
again, why would I listen to one person whose goals dont even align with mine instead of the whole healthcare consensus?
>>36556363
you're literally just vomiting /fit/ memes.
what about proteins, what about carbs, the main source of energy in a balanced diet?
>insulin spike
I know you may not know that from your studies on 4chan but an insulin spike is caused by non-complex carbs like glucose or fructose. pasta mostly contains complex ones, which take a while to be absorbed hence not causing the spike in blood insulin
>>
I literally just ate 1100 calories at burger King and I won't even be bloated after.
>>
File: LbDUJDk.jpg (44 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
LbDUJDk.jpg
44 KB, 480x270
>>36554461
>mfw ate 750g white rice yesterday in 3 meals + protons and could keep eating without feeling fill.

FML
>>
>>36554533
>taking skeleton's words seriously
>>
>>36556430
>white pasta mostly contains complex carbs
wew lad.
>>
>>36554385 After my first day of eating meal prep for cutting and getting /fit/ I had to double and triple check my calorie counts to make sure I wasn't eating too much. I was shocked at how easy it would be to maintain
>>
>>36556479
I dont know about your 3rd world coutry / burgerland pasta you got there, but here 95% of carbs in pasta are complex ones.
>>
File: 1425400038291.jpg (93 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1425400038291.jpg
93 KB, 640x640
>>36554506
cus you literally have to put in work to eat 3000 - 4000 calories + a day, you could eat 3 big mac burgers a day, stuff you're face with 2-3 snickersbars and a soda and you'd still have 1000-2000 calories left to go...the amount you have to eat is just insane, not something that just "accidently happens" because you didn't watch your diet. You can eat super trashy food and still easily end up in the 1500 - 2500 range, how overweight people do it is beyond me.
>>
>>36555712
You are doing a crash diet that's unsustainable in long run, which has you eating very few calories for your size and keeps you in ketosis and we are supposed to be impressed about your 1 month weight loss? Half of which is water weight ( international hyperbole )? Sure that works for a short while. I'm happy that you've found a dieting method that finally works for you. But I hope you are not actually stupid enough to think that someone eating 500-700 kcal under their maintenance is going to gain body fat because they only eat 150 g of protein. Because that's how you come off.
>>
>>36556073
Don't underestimate skellies. They think eating a pancake for breakfast, a hotdog for lunch and a cup of rice and a snickers for dinner A FUCKING SHIT TON OF FOOD.
>>
>>36555578
>Breakfast: 1c oats made with skimmed milk, 2 boiled eggs ~590cal

Oats + assistance calories (fruit, piece of toast, egg, etc) is filling enough but 2 whole eggs would make this quite hearty. Someone that isn't used to eating very filling stuff won't be able to handle it

>2 sweet potatoes, chicken breast, veggies (all prepared w/olive oil) ~700cal

Might be easy to consume for most.

>Mid afternoon if hungry: Sardines or dark chocolate 140cal

What kind of sardines? Mine are 312

>Dinner:Beef steak, brown rice, veggies ~700cal

100% reasonable any skellie should be able to eat this

>600 calories consumed post dinner

I don't know how you do it. When I'm bulking I just make some 1k cal smoothies full of shit like oats, eggs, spinach & fruit with a meal or two of human food. I'd rather get my calories in 3 feedings max rather than bullshit around with 7.
>>
>>36555773
2 double ham and cheese sandwiches with wholegrain bread for breakfast and lunch, that's 1300 calories done. healthy dinner can be about 700 too. now just add fruit, milk and nuts. done.
>>
Eh, you guys must be pussies. I only eat at maintenance (or maybe a 100-200 kcal over depending on day)
For a total of 2700, all of it clean (might get some nuts if i forgot a meal)
Making some delicious sauce out of lemon, thyme, honey and quark (500 grams a day) 60 grams of protein, 400kcal.
300grams of chicken 500 kcal
2 sweet potatoes 550 kcal.
1 cup of oats made with milk/water and a little honey 500 kcal.
Thats 2000kcal from just the basics. Then you add vegetables, maybe a protein shake, oil for cooking, fruit, nuts and other snacks and you come to 2700 without even trying.
I could probably eat twice that and still have room left for more.
>>
>>36556603
Not really. I used to live off of Cheetos and that's not actually that much food. The whole thing comes to about 3150 and it's a smaller bag than most chips and savory snacks. It's not a lot of food, but a fuckload of calories. I really knew how to pick the worst foods somehow.
>>
>>36554668
I eat a lot of veggies. I just don't count their calories. I'm not sure whether I should or not. What do u guys do?
>>
>>36557226
if you eat 100g i would not count them.
if you eat 1kg then, i would.
>>
>>36554973
Bruh.

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002458.htm
>>
>oil
>cheese

your culprits, OP.

dietary fat has 9 cals per gram where carbs and prots only have 4. fat also doesn't add much weight and you tend not to actually see it, so that's where the shock comes from.
>>
>>36557573
I think you misunderstood the point he was trying to make
>>
Going from max skelly mode to actual food mode to bulking mode was one of the hugest lifestyle shifts I've ever taken. It was definitely shocking, and I felt similarly when I started considering what fat people must have actually been eating.

Truth is though that once you put yourself in the bulk zone it gets a lot easier to just stuff food down your throat. For a while I just counted macros and spammed as much food as possible otherwise and it was crazy how fast I gained weight, but it wasn't the weight I wanted. I eat more reasonably now. All in all I've learned that diet is really crazy and the human body adapts to what it has access to.
>>
File: skelly.png (10 KB, 474x116) Image search: [Google]
skelly.png
10 KB, 474x116
>>36554385
If I was a "snack" person I would shoot right through 3200 cals, I was just brought up with the habit of eating all my cals in the 3 meals, trying to correct that

what I ate today ~ 2800kcals and I'm not done:

>breakfast ~ 650 kcal
200g milk (semi-skimmed) + espresso (no flakes cos got up late)
mixed berries juice, 100% pulp
2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted, with butter
salmon 50g

>lunch ~ 990 kcal
pasta 115g + tomato sauce 100ish g
salad + xvirgin olive oil + balsamic vinigger
tomatoes 130g
salmon 50g
some spinach quiche/pie 160g

>dinner ~ 1177 kcal
spaghetti 190g with tomato sauce 100ish g
chicken breast in pot with some pepper and paprika, olive oil
that quiche 100g

And today I didn't have any snacks because I got up at 12.30, had 1 hour between breakfast and lunch and then dinner right after workout.
I might have some milk/yogurt with corn flakes and/or nuts now though
>>
>>36554539
goddamn fatties and their giant calves. not fair.
>>
>>36554385

Cut the carbs and you will never go past 2K

I rarely hit 1500
>>
>>36558976
who the fuck wants to live that life, you masochist
>>
File: _20160328_184253.jpg (240 KB, 1440x1406) Image search: [Google]
_20160328_184253.jpg
240 KB, 1440x1406
>>36554385
I was so surprised how hard bulking with a clean diet was. Two things that helped me was splitting my diet into 4 meals a day and eating my big meals right after working out or doing cardio.

Pic related is two of my four meals combined
>600g of rice
>300g of chicken
>120g of brocolli
Estimated at roughly 1000 calories ;-;
>>
>>36554385
It is impossible for me to get to 2000 Calories without either eating some nasty junk or adding a 500 Calorie shake to my day.
>>
>>36559143
eat pasta and get 500cals from 100g
>>
>>36559143
Protip: better tasting food makes bulking clean easier. Learn to cook.
>>
>>36554569

Real talk from a fatty in training (300 down to 228, 6'2")

There is no not hungry feeling. There's hungry and full. Ever so often, the full feeling becomes almost numb, and I call that the black hunger. No matter how much you eat, you always hunger for more. It's disgusting, my folks should not have let me get so fat when I was a child, but they were dealing with things, so I don't blame them.

Skinny fags complaining about getting big will never know the horror of fat people getting small. You just have to remember to eat, fat asses are hearing whispers in the back of their mind all day to do it but have ignore them.

Nothing but respect for people who went from fat to ripped, they're the greatest among us
>>
>>36560156
>I call that the black hunger

Don't be so fuckin' dramatic, fat boy.
>>
>>36554385

>ONE egg
>half a cup of beans
>"huge fuckin' burrito"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Do you guys have a kind of a basic outline of what I should be buying as a starting lifter?

Like a standard grocery list that I could follow on a week-to-week basis. I'm a very routine kind of person so doing the same thing over and over does not bother me.
>>
>>36561235
>>36561235
Starting Lifter?

Gaining weight or losing weight?

Cutting is easy:
Rice
Chicken
Maybe some fish
Veggies

thats it.

Bulk, probably get some beef in there with some bread too for easy gains
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.