[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you lift when sick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1458673214707.jpg (41 KB, 613x522) Image search: [Google]
1458673214707.jpg
41 KB, 613x522
I got sick when visiting my dad on easter. Pops had a cold and that he said only lasted 48 hours. I now have said cold, and am choosing not to work out. I don't want to get everyone sick at the gym, and I don't think I'd be gaining anything but joint pain rn. /fit/, pass your judgements down upon me. What do you do when you're sick? It was decline day, but not it's soup day.
>>
>>36553393

I don't even lift when healthy, lmao.
>>
Of course no
There's no point on lifting if you're gonna do it wrong and weak
>>
Nah, if I'm really sick I just stay home and rest. Worst thing to do is prolong the recovery by hitting the gym and not even hitting your normal numbers.
>>
>>36553406
Kek
>>
>>36553393
Yea I do, no excuses. Just go to the bathroom when you need to blow your nose and wash your hands
>>
>>36553441
This. I'll go towards the tail end of a cold, but lifting while sick is miserable and just makes you feel worse for longer
>>
>>36553393
wear a clinic mask
>>
>getting sick
>making it

You need to improve your immune system if you're going to be serious about lifting.
>>
>>36553393
had just the same situation right now, after a total of 10 days without gym my body felt ok and i said fuck it need to work up again anyways some coughing at the gym wont kill me. dont wait till youre completely healthy, just go when ur muscles feel normal again and avoid cardio
>>
>>36553583
>first time getting sick in over 12 months
>needing to improve my immune system
ftfy
>>
>>36554425

You still got sick though.

Getting sick once a year is way too much and not normal, I haven't been sick since I was 13 and I'm 23 and a half now.
>>
>36553393

>>36553556
How do I improve my immune system? I eat healthy, wash my hands, I'm clean and don't smoke I obviously exercise well too. What do you do to avoid plague?
>>
>>36553393
Dunno about you guys, but lifting + cardio knocks any flu right out of my system. Might not work for everybody tho, so just try it out once and see for yourself. Just work out with lower numbers/intensity if you're feeling weaker
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.