[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>nightmare last night >wake up with sweat on my chest >smelled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: pepcid debbie.jpg (53 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pepcid debbie.jpg
53 KB, 640x360
>nightmare last night
>wake up with sweat on my chest
>smelled like mildew

Does sweat scent change if it from different kinds of exertion? I've never had gym sweat smell bad like that before.
>>
>>36553327
Its probably from your sheets getting wet. If i leave my wet clithes layin around without washing them, then wash them later, they will smell weird if i sweat in them afterwards.
>>
Maybe.
But sweat doesn't smell bad inherently.
Bacteria live all over your body (and different types in different places).
The reason sweat makes you smell bad is the bacteria start eating the salt, water, glycoproteins/lipoproteins and whatnot in your sweat, they reproduce and they release gross stuff that smells bad (like butyric acid, acetic acid, sort of guessing here).

Sweat really doesn't inherently smell bad.
But like I said, different bacteria live on different parts of your body in different quantities.

So sweaty feel smell different from sweaty pits because of that, different ratios and types of chemicals produced by bacteria on different parts of the body.

Also my point is that it takes TIME for sweat to make you smell bad. Sweating and sleeping all night will make you smellier than just sweating in the gym for an hour or two and then washing it all off after.
>>
File: 1457294659534.png (10 KB, 472x440) Image search: [Google]
1457294659534.png
10 KB, 472x440
>>36553327
>>
>>36554579
good response
>>
>>36554579, medfag here

This answer is solid, and additionally different parts of your body will 'sweat' differently. Hormones and pheromones get secreted from all parts of your body, but in uneven ratios based on location. All that being said... it takes time to become noticeable in a bad way.

A lot of testing has shown that humans are fairly good at picking up differences between the hormones of pregnant and non-pregnant women in sweat, and women prefer the unconscious signals they get from male sweat on clothes.

IF you showered and went to bed clean, and woke up with a sweat odor anyway... either clean your sheets or go to a doctor. It's quite possible it's a non-issue, but mentioning it can only help. I have woken up a few times and thought I smelled strangely, but my wife did not notice anything. Since her sense of smell is typically better than mine it's even more likely some or all of the perception was in my head. Your olfactory sense changes throughout the day as well, and if you were having a stress response you might simply interpret yourself differently.

tl;dr - unless you're bleeding from your pores this is a crap shoot. Don't sweat it.
>>
Sweating from excercise and sweating from sitting in your air tight room playing vidya with doritos and mountain dew makes different smells in my experience.
>>
I was reading that odd smelling sweat is a sign of ketoacidosis. Vinegary or mildewy was also used to describe it.
>>
>>36553327
>>36557593
Try smelling your breath, see if it's 'fruity'. You could be a diabetic OP.
>>
>>36556105
>medfag
>human pheromones
>>
>>36553327
Maybe its something you're eating?

I used to eat my food with sriracha everyday and after a while my sweat smelled like garlic for weeks after I stopped.

The worst part is that I sweat like a motherfucker
>>
>>36557712
>Being brain-washed by common hearsay and pretending you know shit about anything
Human pheromones exist, we just don't have the kind of direct stimuli transducers that allow us to detect them.
>>
>>36553327
Congratulations, you smelled fear.
>>
>>36553327

Dream thread? Dream thread.

>Sitting on the bench in my outdoor home gym.
>Klokov is to my right, Sheiko is to my left.
>For some reason Klokov sounds exactly like Broc Sampson, "You can do it kid, you've just got to try harder."
>Explain to him there's no way I can get anywhere near that strong.
>Sheiko pipes up, and for whatever reason he sounds exactly like Doctor Killinger, "My boy, it iz just a matter of training harder. Zhen we get you on the ze speshul juice."
>Suddenly this demon comes out of the butterfly bush, "You don't need fucking steroids, just lift on WEEEEED!"
>Klokov doubles over laughing while Sheiko just shakes his head and flies off with his umbrella
>Realize I'm dreaming
>Wake up

Didn't get to cheef the kief with Klokov and Satan :'(
>>
>>36553327
I read a study a couple years back that women can tell the difference in the smell of regular male sweat and the smell of sexually aroused male sweat.
>>
File: thumbnail_34712.jpg (52 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_34712.jpg
52 KB, 400x300
>>36558499
what if you're always sexually aroused?
>>
>>36558509
Then you're probably always sweaty too.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.