[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me about the push press is it worth doing it to increase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: pushpress.jpg (12 KB, 300x330) Image search: [Google]
pushpress.jpg
12 KB, 300x330
tell me about the push press

is it worth doing it to increase your press?
>>
>60kg x1 OH press
>95kg x3 push press

such is t-rex life
>>
That's just cheating
They turned cheating into an exercise?
Smh senpai
>>
the push press skips the bottom portion of the ROM, which is the hardest part. it allows you to go heavier on the top portion, but that won't help your regular press.
>>
>>36554515
any exercises you suggest?
>>
>>36554527
(Not him)
Pick ONE between OHP or bench press and do it every time instead of alternating between the two. Do the other one as an accessory with low weight high reps. Both will benefit more than if you alternated.
OHP more to OHP more
Bench more to bench more
>>
Push press a few reps at the end of each OHP set when you can't get any more strict reps.

"cheat" form isn't always a bad thing unless you're using it for every rep ever.
>>
File: download.png (5 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5 KB, 160x160
You mean THE push press?
>>
Sitting OHP is superior to push press or standing OHP for shoulder gains.
>>
>>36554515
It also includes a negative of with whole ROM.
>>
>>36554768
true, but does it actually do anything useful to help your press? wendler doesn't seem to think so:

"Push press? The push-press is often used as an assistance exercise to help the press. I can't give the exercise the Wendler Seal of Approval, mostly because it did nothing for me other than help my push-press.

I know people love this exercise but it's probably because they can handle more weight; the same reason people do rack pulls over deadlifts; rack pulls above the knee. And bouncy shrugs. (Those are the most fun to watch.)

The push-press is a pretty awesome exercise, but helping your press isn't something you're going to sell me on."
>>
>>36554677

Or just do on different days? Use one for shoulders and the other for chest, as they're meant for
>>
>>36554736
Do you feel superior being weak though?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.