[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
P90x Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: DSC_6099.jpg (753 KB, 1936x1296) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6099.jpg
753 KB, 1936x1296
Sup /fit/ Long time lurker First time poster.

Im 5,8 187 pounds, I was 147 3 years ago and 160 2 years ago.

Ive put on alot of fat since then and Im going to start P90X today.

Im cutting out all alcohol, Minimal amounts of bread will be working out 6/7 days 6th day is stretch exercises.

I plan to take Casein protein Over night for some small recovery the next day other then that I dont have any plans for supplementation

Im aware its not the most efficient Program to lose weight with but it seems consistent enough for me to follow.

My Question is if anyone here has completed all 3 phases of P90X and to get some insight into how the first phase was for you and how you felt at the end, Did you see noticeable results at the end?

Thanks In advance /Fit/

Pic related Its me currently.
>>
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanbergara/this-is-what-happens-when-you-work-out-90-straight-days-with#.mmzNj1Yrz

spoiler: no results whatsoever
>>
>>36553216
good luck not making gains.
just do a brosplit and cut. not that hard.
>>
>>36553249
it says they all had bad diets to go along with it.
>>
>>36553281
only in it to lose fat not build muscle, will it be effective at that?
>>
Look brah just read the sticky and come back to us after, we will gladly answer your questions
>>
>>36553305
you know what is effective at losing fat? a caloric deficit
>>
>>36553305
no.
>>
>>36553333
I read the sticky, I just wanted to know if other people had completed it, and found it worth it in their opinions I cant get that info from the sticky.
>>
if you just want to lose fat, watch what you eat.

Cutting out alcohol and bread might be enough depending on how much of those you eat/drink atm
>>
>>36553216
>I'm cutting out all alcohol, Minimal amounts of bread
Bear in mind, your blood sugar levels will be different and you will feel shitty, but not be sick. Stretch EVERYDAY after P90X, plus the stuff at the end. All that bouncing around can fuck you up if you don't properly recover. Good luck, dude.
>>
>>36553387
its at a point where I realise I need to change, I could sink 10 pints of beer and still be able to get about fine, I had 3-5 rolls most days with meat fillings. I can see first hand how much its fucked me up in 3 years.
>>
File: DSC_6090.jpg (823 KB, 1936x1296) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6090.jpg
823 KB, 1936x1296
Anyway Thanks for the Input, positive or Negative,

One last question, How do you go about tracking your loss/gains? whats your preference?
>>
>>36553590
Scale every two weeks, eyeball my reflection, pay attention to # of reps/weight I do/use.
>>
>>36553420
You can do it buddy.

If you're an alcoholic, better check with a doctor before going cold turkey. Withdrawal from ethanol can actually kill you.

I would ditch the p90x. Working out will make you hungrier, and if you fail the exercise regime you might end up giving up on the diet too.
>>
File: 1370409888498.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1370409888498.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>36553249
>trusting a buzzfeed article
ISHIGGYDIGGY
>>
File: 1458234869529.jpg (18 KB, 199x196) Image search: [Google]
1458234869529.jpg
18 KB, 199x196
>>36553831
Thanks for the encouragement man, Ive chosen the P90X because its regimented and can be fit in around my Work, Ill try and do the full 90 and then make something more custom for myself, Thanks again.
>>
>>36553216

Really for any fitness regimen, and ESPECIALLY if your primary goal is fat loss, you need to fix your diet first and foremost. If you don't do that, then whatever workout routine you pick won't make any difference.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>36554239
Changing from gorging on alcohol, sugar,and soft drinks removing tea and coffee entirely alcohol entirely. Boiled vegetables / soups / White meat Portioned right, Oils from nuts portioned and yoghurts, anything else you can suggest?
>>
don't go insane
>>
>>36554746
Ill try bro
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.