[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /fit/ , got a question for you: I read the sticky and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20160210-WA0004.jpg (44 KB, 960x955) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160210-WA0004.jpg
44 KB, 960x955
Hello /fit/ , got a question for you:

I read the sticky and it says that you should eat 10-12 * bodyweight in lbs to lose weight.

I weight 164 lbs so that's (1640-1978 kcals) and wanna go down to 150 lbs ( 1500-1800 kcals).
Here's the question : if i eat like 1600 kcals/day would i go down to 150 lbs without changing my diet or would i have to change it anyway not to make my body get used to it?
>>
I think counting calories is not enough. You won't lose weight if you eat 1600 cal of french fries with mayo every day. You should also eat healthy and keep track of your macros. That's the best way to lose weight. Works for me :)
>>
>>36553533
Yeah i know i keep my macros in check and eat healthy. I was just wondering if i could go from 164 lbs to 150 basically without changing the diet. Thanks for the answer though :)
>>
no idea. bumperino for someone to see
>>
>>36552899
these are just gross estimations of how much you need to eat. Start counting calories and reduce daily intake until you start losing weight consistently.
>>
>>36554625
Ok, but my question was a bit different. Can a diet hypothetically make you go down 15 lbs without needing to change it?
>>
>>36553533
Yeah you will, as long as you're eating below TDEE.

Not saying that's the best diet, just pointing out thermodynamics.
>>
>>36553533

>french fries with mayo

what the FUCK man
>>
>>36553533
>>36556387
If OP said he read the sticky i don't think he's eating fries and mayo all day.
>>
>>36555072

If what you are eating now isn't causing you to lose weight than no, continuing the same diet will not make you lose weight from here on in unless you maintain it while also increasing your physical activity.

If you're asking if you can eat the same things and just less of it, yes, that will work find.
>>
>>36553533
>You won't lose weight if you eat 1600 cal of french fries with mayo every day

Assuming that the total of fries + mayo is 1600 he probably would actually lose weight
>>
Also I don't know where you come from but here in Italy mayo is pretty healthy (if you buy the most natural version, it's pretty much olive oil and eggs)
>>
>>36553533
Please stop posting until you read the sticky and unfuck your misunderstanding of simple fucking concepts like thermodynamics. If you eat 1.6kcal of fries and your tdee is 2kcal, do you think your body pulls the extra out of thin air? No it pulls it from adipose.

I will never understand why people labor to make such a simple topic so difficult to understand.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.