[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did split clean die out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: htmlimport_Plukfelder_clean.jpg (33 KB, 421x460) Image search: [Google]
htmlimport_Plukfelder_clean.jpg
33 KB, 421x460
why did split clean die out?
>>
>>36551800

Its less efficient than the modern squat clean, so it only got used by people who weren't able to squat clean for whatever reason. And since those people basically never do well in oly comps and there's basically no reason to split clean if you're not doing oly it died out.
>>
Better question is why didn't the split jerk die out. Lack of flexibility due to too much OHPing perhaps.
>>
>>36551822

Very few people have the build required to make the squat jerk reliable (or even possible) and even then its an extremely unforgiving movement compared to the other jerk styles. Its less a matter of muscle flexibility and more one of joint ROM. The power jerk isn't really advantaged over the split jerk, so both stuck around.

A fair number of oly lifters don't OHP at all, so its unlikely to be that.
>>
>>36551800
because the squat clean is better in every way

>>36551822
every standing world record in clean and jerk was done with a split jerk, squat jerk and power jerk don't appear to be better so far

honestly its strange that nobody has set a current world record with a power/squat jerk, there are a few prominent lifters who do this style, lu, apti, tian, big david, etc...

idk maybe we'll see a wr from tian one day, but people seem so inconsistent with squat jerking
>>
>>36551851

The squat jerk is very new, at least as anything other than a unique freakshow approach to the lift (like that one Japanese lifter who cleans with a snatch grip and switches during the drop). Even if it is better - and that's unproven - it'll likely take a while before there's enough chances for it to have a fair shot of taking the record.
>>
>>36551800
Less efficient, more dangerous.
>>
>>36551851

Is Lu a WR holder and squat jerks?
>>
>>36551898

Lu's a record holder, but not in the jerk.
>>
>>36551860
i think that's a little unfair anon, big d very nearly squat jerked 242 at russian nationals, which was the world record, he lost it by a hair's breadth

i dont think the new-ness of the technique, is an issue, if you can even call it new, there were some pretty prominent power/push/whatever jerkers in the eighties like dimas and kakhiashvili

squat jerking has such a small margin for error is the thing, whereas split jerks can be wildly off centre but still recoverable

i do think that if tian could be not all over the show for literally one competition he has a good shot at the wr, apti too, even big d if ilya doesnt set the wr at 250 for 105s

>>36551898
hes got the wrs in snatch and total, but his best c&j is 206, Perepetchenov has the c&j wr with 210
>>
Looks like a horrible thing to do to your knees.
>>
>>36551860
Post jap lifter video? Interested to see
>>
>>36551917

There's a significant difference between a power/push jerk and a squat jerk, in terms of the movement and its reliability.

I'd like to see the squat jerk get more reliable (the power jerk kind of is already, but it doesn't give you the same advantage in depth under the bar that the squat does compared to the split) because, like you said, there are squat jerkers who are nipping at the records. But I'm not sure that it can be made that reliable.

And ultimately that reliability is a factor in how good it is.
>>
>>36551934
I was wrong, its a Chinese lifter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th-DIj1c7vs
>>
>>36551949
what the fuck...
>>
>>36551973
its pretty fucking weird, it puts the bar at extension much higher than it would normally be, she must have some weird shit going on to make this work for her

i think shes from taiwan or taipei or some shit like that
>>
>>36552000

It might be that she just has a way stronger snatch pull than clean pull - which'd make sense, since she was like 20kg off the jerk record and right up with the snatch record.
>>
>>36551822
>split jerk die out

Not everyone has Lu Xiaojun flexibility and proportions.

Very elite moveset and most people will fail on it. Even the professionals.

>>36551860
>>36551917
>squat jerking has such a small margin for error

Definitely one of the reasons here.

Even if you fuck up the split jerk for some reason, you can still recover at a certain point.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.