[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Ausfags here? Interested in joining a Goodlife gym near
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 2
File: ZdcPoax.jpg (41 KB, 300x500) Image search: [Google]
ZdcPoax.jpg
41 KB, 300x500
Any Ausfags here?

Interested in joining a Goodlife gym near my place, was wondering if anyone's got any experience with them.
>>
>>36551127
The ones near me are quite shit.
>>
>>36551361
How so? Lack of equipment? Lousy staff? Other gymgoers? Hidden fees?
>>
>>36551372
all the above
>>
Goodlife cost over $1k/year, near me at least. You're just paying to subsidise a bunch of random people to do "bodyattack" classes or whatever.
>>
>>36551463
Trouble is, there's not that many gyms near me, and most of them are chain gyms in the same sort of style.
>>
They called me once and asked if I wanted to join up. When I said no they asked why, I said I already have a gym membership. Felt it kind of rude that they asked for an explanation.
>>
1k a year? Damn invest that kinda money in a homegym.
>>
>>36551127
>Goodlife gym
Join anytime, you fucking cuck
>>
>>36551635
I would if I had any near me. I used to belong to one, and they were pretty decent.
>>
Yikes, so much hate for Goodlife ITT

I go there. What do you want to know?

It is small but I like it because it's near my work and it's not very busy. Hardly anyone doing squat, deadlift, bench, etc
>>
Any of you cunts from Newy?
>>
>>36551657
Everything. I'm wary of going to it because it's taken over the location of the what used to be a terrible fucking Fitness First that fucked me over big-time on a "cooling off period" where I joined, realised they were dogshit, and couldn't get out of my contract for 2 years.

But it's the only gym that's actually convenient for me to get to since it's on the way home from my classes, so it's either join up or continue working out at home.
>>
I go to Goodlife because it's the only gym near me. They're alright, mine has a pretty solid group of powerlifters and bodybuilders but there is always the issue of the fucking classes. They're annoyingly loud and will use ALL the power racks for like 30 minutes. They hit my sister with some pretty nasty fees when she tried to quit before her contract was up though and it's not all that cheap (I pay $14.95 a week) but they're alright. Not great but not terrible.

Also Preston Goodlife boiz.
>>
>>36551694
I see. Why would you be wary of it because it is in the same location? It's a whole different gym dude. Unless same owner... but anyway I don't know the situation.

All of the gyms in my city are roughly the same price (70-80 a month) so I just went with Goodlife on account of the location. The facilities are decent and it has everything you could need, you could do most routines there. The only thing I would say is that mine is small - but it's not at all busy so that makes up for it. I've never had to wait for equipment.

Get them to show you around and shit. They have a cooling off period too and a trial so just take them up on it and don't get fucked over.
>>
>>36551372
>4x as expensive as other gyms
>mostly classes an cardio, not much free weights space
>only guys that go are extremely good looking guys only there to pick up girls
>packed with yoga pants girls there to make no gains
>>
I go to Snap Fitness. Only gym in my area. Equipped pretty well, but only one power rack. Expensive, but considering it's like the equivalent in price of having a meal at Maccas once or twice a week I'm okay with it.
>>
>>36551789
>Snap Fitness
>Snap
Nasty omen bro
>>
>>36551694
Do you even know what a cooling off period is?
You can literally sign for 15 years and they legally have to give you a 10-14 day cooling off period.

Within this period you can say 'Yeah, nah, fuck youse cunts' and you no longer have a contract with them.

I'm glad you were scammed, fucking faget.
>>
Windy Hill Fitness in Essendon Represent.
>>
>>36551127
P E R T H
E
R
T
H
>>
>>36551127
Plus fitness is good mayne. It's 24/7 and you don't pay for some dickheads spin class if you don't want to.
>>
>>36551635
Anytime master race reporting in
>>
>>36551580

are we pretending 1k a year is a lot or?

thats 83 dollars a month, that's virtually nothing.
>>
>>36552191

because companies can fuck you around with this cooling off period

> i sent you an email

damn we never got it

> i mailed you

sorry no records of that

> i tried to talk to the manager

he's not here today, but maybe you can try back in 3 weeks?

if you don't know the right things to say they'll literally sandbag you and after 2 weeks your 'cooling off' period is over.
>>
>>36551127
try crunch if ur living in sydney. 8 bucks a week, good facilities, large area(atleast in parramatta), frequent discounts for joining fees
>>
>>36551738
What time you train
I go Preston too ya dog

OP Goodlife is expensive as fuck but if there's no other option and you have the cash it's fine, the one near me has a pretty decent weight section and half the PTs are actually big guys, most go 24/7 now too which is neat
They'll try to fuck you on the signup, because that's what they do, but after that it's alright
>>
>>36551372
Good equipment usually, staff are an assortment of hot chicks, big dudes, twinks, and fatsos that bench 90kg, depends on your area but it's a relatively upscale place so you won't find too many cunts going

Word of warning, you can easily negotiate your price p/week down to 14 or 13 dollars if you say you have a friend that goes and pays that much.
>>
>>36552290
You are the embodiment of a cuck/beta.
I know you'll go nowhere in life. Good list of excuses though, keep it up.
>>
>>36552327
No fuckin way man I post in like every ausfag thread and have never found someone who trains there. I go Monday, Wednesday and Friday, normally around 5pm but 7pm on Wednesdays. You?
>>
>>36552398

uhh ye sure my thanks to the highschool student for his explanation of how shit works.
>>
>>36552286
>this nigger can't save
>>
>>36552413

do you think 83 a month is a significant contribution to your savings?

are you min. wage or?
>>
>>36552399
Tuesday, Thurs, Friday and weekends
You a big lad
>>
>>36552426
I've gone a few times on Saturday and the general weekend crowd has so many more big guys 4 u. I am not unfortunately, I'm a small DYEL girl.
>>
>>36552506
Nice, I'm a DYEL guy, how old are you my /fit/fag friend? I'm 19
I'll wear a blue NASA shirt next time our training times link up, just come up with a codeword
>>
>>36552538
>inb4 underage shitfest
All of 4chan is children. I'm training tomorrow man, fuck the gym being closed for Easter today. I always have my hair in plaits and wear glasses. Our codeword needs to be something autismo worthy.
>>
>>36551127
Mines pretty good, better than the local gym and much cheaper too. The reason some people here are paying more is because they didn't bargain. The managers there will do anything to get you to join (for me at least), say you're a uni student that is nearby (you don't have to be) they will give you a discounted price and/or free gear.
>>
>>36552576
oh fuck
What do you mean it was closed it's 24/7 don't you have a pass, I was there like 4 hours ago.
>>
>>36552576
MODS
>>
>>36552576

help help help mods help help help mods mods underage underage
>>
>>36552619
No 24/7 pass, familia. This weekend has made me realise I need to get one though, it's been pass only since last Thursday.
>>
File: 1456058940325.jpg (22 KB, 429x645) Image search: [Google]
1456058940325.jpg
22 KB, 429x645
>>36552622
>>36552630
>>
>>36552636
alright, password is, DYEL faggot or some variation
>>
>>36552651
Alright sweet DYEL faggot it is, I feel like I'm gonna get the wrong person though and walk up to some poor, innocent bro and just insult the shit out of them.
>>
>>36552675
any cunt with a NASA shirt just lay into him
I'll probs come down tomorrow like 1 or 2, if I don't I'll catch catch ya Friday senpai
>>
>>36552651
>>36552675
Why don't you guys go to an actual powerlifting gym? I could help you guys find one near by. Get some good coaching makes a huge difference, I put a 100kg on my total in a year just by getting coached, still stayed high bar and pulled conventional and no belt or sleeves
>>
>>36552706
Lmao, yeah I'll probably be there around 2 tomorrow, do you lift in the downstairs bit or the upstairs bit?
>>
>>36552732
I'm already signed up to another gym bruz, and I go to a boxing gym in keon park as well. I used to go to a good gym full of powerlifters 405 but it got shut down.

>>36552741
Downstairs, I only go upstairs to do pussy pull up sets because i don't want the hugebros seeing me failing reps lol
>>
>>36552732
Travel is the main issue, most of them are around 30 minutes drive away. Also I personally dislike training with a coach or with anyone else really, get distracted too easily. Cheers for the offer though lad, genuinely appreciate it.
>>
>>36552756
I'm down in South Melbourne at PTC and I grapple out of Absolute MMA in South Yarra! Although I'm thinking after 4 years of competitive grappling I might have to give it up :(
>>
See if you've got a PCYC. Mine has two power tracks and a fuck billion Olympic bars and weight plates of every size. Nobody is ever there and it costs pittance. It has a Smith machine and bunch of other weight machines, but why the fuck would you use those?
>>
>>36552757
Yeah I trained myself for years till I got a car before I was able to get coaching or even to a decent gym with calibrated plates and deadlift bars for that matter!
>>
>>36552756
Shit man I know some dudes who used to lift at 405, you know Josh Patacca? Also fuckin true I stayed upstairs until I could deadlift 1pl8 easily just because the big lads downstairs were so intimidating
>>
Power racks. Fucking auto correct.
>>
>>36552772
I'm Northern suburbs lmao, I do kickboxing and Krav Maga and lift at Goodlife, I was going to train in SM actually at IDF training but fucked up and lost my license lol

>>36552794
I went to HS with a bunch of the 405 boys, never met in person Patacca but i know of him, pretty sure we're friends on FB, he's a big boy now, saw him progress, you know anyone else there?
>>
>>36552821
Man that sucks, how'd you lose your license?
>>
>>36552840
Drove a lot on my L's when i was 18 because i couldn't be fucked waiting for a full license
Had to wait a long ass time before i could even go for my license again, it's in 3 weeks actually
>>
>>36552876
Yeah I lived close to a train so I waited till I was 21 to get my P's on my own as I didn't have my folks to help me do my hours
>>
>>36552821
Nah he's the only one, used to go to church with him lmao. He had a massive thing for my sister. He's a confirmed big boy for sure though, his videos on Facebook are fuckin wild.
>>
>>36552888
fucking Vicroads are the biggest cunts I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with, my sister did the same thing but it was because she was lazy, I have to get it right now though because I'm enlisting
Also I'm jelly as fuck of you, there's no wrestling gyms near me, and it's my most sought after martial art, I just train it with some dudes at my kickboxing gym occasionally because it's fucking god tier
>>
>>36552898
I feel like I might have met you before and it's freaking me out, do you know Kate Watkins
>>
>>36552939
Nah I don't but I have a fair few mutuals with her, I feel like we haven't met but we have an alarming number of mutual friends
>>
>>36552898
I drive a J31 Maxima and will do till I get off my P's in Sep this year then looking at maybe a 350z or continue in comfy cars and look at a Toyota Aurion Persera, but anyway legit never get pulled over in my maxima, get something hassle free man till you're off your P's I've got mates on their P's who have comodores and it's a weekly thing to get pulled over.
And you should really try getting in for a casual at a wrestling gym, seriously nothing compares to a legit gym even if you can get to one once a week or two just to pick up the odd thing
>>
>>36552946
she's a nice lass
nevermind then, guess I'll find out when some random chick insults my pride mid workout
>>
>>36552968
I like comfy cars too, my friend wanted to sell me his Sub but it's highway patrol bait, my dream is to buy an Audi with nice interiors, I'm a boring cunt lmao
The boxing gym i go to is fucking great man, 9 bags lined up, a ring on one end, plenty of old cunts walking around yelling at you for not training hard enough, great for cardio
>>
>>36552971
Yeah see you tomorrow (maybe) for a festival of actual autism and soul crushing insults
>>
>>36553002
Just get a jap comfy car unless you want to be dropping mad stacks on servicing that thing, my dad had a 3 series and no matter how big or small the issue was it was 1g to fix pretty much every time.

Aw man that's sick I'm so bad at striking just hate getteing hit!
>>
>>36553038
the twist is that I'm learning to be a mechanic lmao
It's fine if you hate striking, as a kickboxer you're basically my fuckin kryptonite, I have some bjj experience, but even that won't help when you're slamming me on my head.
>>
anyone here live in bris?

which gyms to you go to?
>>
>>36553135
where bris bro, im northside. I prefer my independent 24/7 places
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.