[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Intermediate 3-day routine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1425579853029.jpg (286 KB, 1024x687) Image search: [Google]
1425579853029.jpg
286 KB, 1024x687
What would you recommend as a good 3-day workout (preferably full-body since it's 3 days) routine for an intermediate level lifter?

I am considering jumping on Blaha's 5x5 program (3x5 when adjusted for cutting) but i think im a bit too advanced for it. Maybe im not though. my squat 1rm is 152kg and my DL 1rm is ~195. my bench is shitty at 100kg 1rm.

Could I still hop on it? for cutting at least?
If not, what would you guys recommend. i really cant seem to find any 3 day routines past the novice level.
>>
>>36550594
guys come on bump
>>
>>36550594
I'd reduce volume and add accessory work to whatever you're doing.
>>
>>36550594
Look into 5/3/1 variations. There are many to choose from and they're effective and fun.
>>
>>36551037
ive already been doing 5/3/1 but the original 4-day version of it. i was thinking of checking out the 3-day version of it but id rather get something that's more fullbody.

thanks for the suggestion
>>
greyskull powerbuilding
>>
>>36550594

Is there something wrong with the Texas Method?
>>
>>36551046
You can easily turn it into a fullbody setup.
>>
MadCow.
>>
>>36551046
http://blackironbeast.com/5/3/1/calculator

There are some full body templates here.
>>
>>36551046
531 letter to young wendler is fun to do. Probably my favorite routine

squat, push, pull is also nice, do the 3 lifts of the day and toss in some assistance or a finisher
>>
>>36551194
I modified the rep ranges of letter to young wendler a bit. So back squat more in the 10´¨s range and front squat for heavy triples.
>>
>>36551047
>>36551052
>>36551068
>>36551162
>>36551194
Checking everything out right now.

I cannot decide whether I'm an intermediate or the ends of a novice. i think i could still squeeze some use out of SS or blaha's on my next cut. do you think i should try it or just skip right to texas method or whatever i end up choosing right now?
>>
>>36551194
squat, push, pull fb routine is for me the easiest way to gain strength / bulk up
>>
>>36551228
>I cannot decide whether I'm an intermediate or the ends of a novice
It seriously doesn't matter at all if you're not competing.
Linear progression becomes a pain in the ass in the end.
>>
>>36551052
does it build enough size? also cant do power cleans
>>
>>36551268
why no power cleans?
>>
>>36551268
TM's idea is to do just enough volume in the beginning of the week to produce more strength in the en of the week.
That would be the last routine to do if you care about size.
>>
>>36551300
because my gym doesn't allow for it. no ground, no rubber plates (old metal plates from 1960s) no good bars, no heavy plates hitting the ground allowed. obviously no dropping from neck level.

horrible shit but it's the only gym ive got.

>>36551304
I know, that's why i dont want to consider it. Im between greyskull powerbuilding and madcow right now. if that fails then it's a 5/3/1 variation. what would you suggest out of the 3?
>>
>>36551329
I train at home and do high pulls and power cleans.

Just don't drop the bar.

From the hang variations are very nice to do.
>>
>>36551329
Well I'm doing 5/3/1 so I'm partial.
There are already plenty of full body template. You can easily cycle between beginner template, full body, building the monolith, beach body challenge, etc.

The idea that you can have a bad day and just do the minimum amount of reps guarantees some peace of mind.
>>
>>36551346
well even if i could do proper weighted cleans without dropping the bar, the room and equipment simply doesn't allow for it. we dont even have clips to keep the weights in place. long story short it is not worth the hassle including cleans right now.

>>36551352
to be honest, i've been doing 5/3/1 for a year now and on my bad days,the hardest thing was going to the gym. once im in the gym i'll do everything i have to do. i never used the Jack Shit variation not once.

Yeah i get what you're saying about the flexibility, but i feel it is a bit too slow for an intermediate. you could say i wasted some progress doing 5/3/1 this early but it was fun to do.
even though im cutting now i'd rather get into the mindset of a faster routine. greyskull powerbuilding seems to be my choice for now. but im still considering 5/3/1 vars. are lall the variations you mentioned 3-day oriented?
>>
>>36551375
>are all the variations you mentioned 3-day oriented?
Yes, all full body with a different focus.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.