[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This week is "Body Matters" week at my campus gym.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: EatingDisorder.png (2 MB, 900x1598) Image search: [Google]
EatingDisorder.png
2 MB, 900x1598
This week is "Body Matters" week at my campus gym. Basically a week for HAES people to invade my temple to gains and try to shut down everyone's motivation who's just starting to lift. They hang up shit all around the gym in every mirror trying to promote body positivity such as pic related and "getting the perfect body wont solve your insecurities."

Has this gone too far? Are these people actually trying to do good or are they trying to project their feelings of "why try," on the fit zone?

Also general motivation thread because this shit's got me down.
>>
>>36548791
It's one thing to convince people that it's okay to be fat. It's another to suggest that creatine use is a sign of an eating disorder
>>
>>36548791

They're doing both.

Of course, they're not 100% wrong. A quick glance around this place is pretty good evidence that getting in shape ain't gonna fix a broken mind.
>>
>>36548821
True, and I acknowledge that some people do need to hear that, but for the vast majority of people that do go to the gym, me included, who started going to the gym because they wanted to make a lifestyle change this seems detrimental.
>>
>>36548791
Why does it matter? Who the hell would even consider words like "creatine=xxx disorder" seriously??? It doesn't even make a bit of sense. I think normal people loose all their trust to these fatties when they see non-sense like this
>>
>>36548791
Best thing to do is ignore it. If you really care, put up similar things except anti HAES stuff

>Do you find yourself: blaming your genetics or society for your obesity? This may be a symptom of a mental disorder.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.