[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOTT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: forearms.jpg (2 MB, 1900x1500) Image search: [Google]
forearms.jpg
2 MB, 1900x1500
QTDDTOTT: Old thread is autosaging
>>
I'm currently only deadlifting once every few weeks . The question is if I'm squatting twice a week alongside rdls , farmer walks and hyperextensions will my deadlift be steadily improving or should I increase how often I'm deadlifting . I play rugby so deadlifting and squatting is very taxing and I'd rather not deadlift all the time.
>>
File: 1457236629285.jpg (70 KB, 717x1029) Image search: [Google]
1457236629285.jpg
70 KB, 717x1029
>>36548647
Should I be inputting my walking/lifting as "exercise" on myfitnesspal? I'm trying to cut, my activity level in the app is "not very active" but I walk to/from class and go to the gym 3x a week
>>
Hello, I've been working out for a short while now. Just two weeks ago I could do 45 pushups, and I read somewhere that once you could do 30 push ups you should move on to diamond push ups, and I can now do 20 of them but I tried normal push ups after a 3 sets of diamonds (Well rested) and I could only do 16 normal push ups? Is this normal? Also, I find that normal push ups help develop my chest more than diamond push ups. Though the diamond ones definitely work my triceps more.
>>
Would an opiate dependency/habit adversely affect muh gains?

Hypothetically, say I mitigated the energy loss associated with doing that sort of drug
>>
File: aqw.png (81 KB, 253x328) Image search: [Google]
aqw.png
81 KB, 253x328
Do people shit on diets like keto and psmf only because of how strict they are? i'm on my second week of psmf and i've lost 11lbs and i'm loving it, it taught me that i don't have to eat 5 times a day to function (recovering fatty who used to eat shit every 2 hours)

Also is there any serious danger in doing the psmf diet for more than 6 weeks? i'll still be obese so i dont think i should worry.
>>
>>36549087
Pretty much. The crazy rules basically stop people from eating a lot of sugar and carbs.

My mom does weight watchers and I looked at the program. It's essentially a simplified marco-counting program
>>
Are you supposed to weight chicken and other meats before or after cooking? I'm finding a lot of conflicting reports.
>>
>>36549087

>Also is there any serious danger in doing the psmf diet for more than 6 weeks? i'll still be obese so i dont think i should worry.

As long as you're still above 26% body fat after 6 weeks you can continue for 12 weeks. People have gone as long as 18 weeks and posted their progress on Lyle McDonald's site, but once you get around 20% bf it's best to give your body a break to aclimate to your new BMR/Leptin levels and all that.
>>
General advice to become ottermode?
>>
>>36548647

Why do I have a dry cough and a heavy chest while running Test E (500mg/w) and Test Prop (100mg eod first 4 weeks)?

Feel like cancer
>>
I don't understand the whole bulking/cutting season thing. Unless you want to lose weight, aren't you always in bulking mode?

Don't you always just want more and more gains?

I'm 6ft 3, 195 pounds. Pic is current body.

Another question: Not only do I want to gain more muscle mass, I also want to have nice 6-pack of abs. So am I supposed to just go nuts with the protein? Eat and eat and eat? "If you want to be big, you have to eat big." Right?

Any advice on eating to get big while also trying to get with the 6-pack? "Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym." Right?

I'm also doing cardio every other day. Is that gobling my gainz?
>>
is starting strength a meme? should i just start with a ppl routine with squats and deadlifts included?
>>
>>36549725
Seems like you should understand the cut/bulk thing fairly easily from your post. People want to lift more, but also look good, i.e. cut. Its a tug and pull.
>>
So SS and SL are both programs I have been using as a newbie. Obviously, many people have used these programs and benefited from them.

What I'm wondering is, how bad is it to squat every workout? I'm scared of looking liking a dinosaur when I finally move on to a different program.
>>
>>36548647
>TT
>thread thread
idk why but this always bothers me.
>>
File: 2016-02-03 16.49.30-1.png (228 KB, 1004x846) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-03 16.49.30-1.png
228 KB, 1004x846
Can anyone recommend a good routine similar to pic related? I've been using this one for a few months and made some gains, but I feel like it's loosing it effectiveness.
>>
how to fix stretch marks where i was a fatty?
>>
So when they say 8 hours of sleep is it get to bed at 00 - fall asleep at 00:30 - wake up at 8:30 or is it get to bed at 00 - wake up at 8?
>>
>>36550037

They mean eight hours of actual sleep.
>>
If I'm skinnyfat, do I just have to eat at maintenance to reach ottermode? Of course with balanced meals and protein.
>>
File: 3:27:16.jpg (142 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
3:27:16.jpg
142 KB, 750x1334
5'9'' 159lbs lifting for 7 months

Started as aushwitz mode skinny skeleton and bulked like a retard so I gained probably as much fat as muscle. Pants fit tight as fuck

Should I keep bulking? I know my body looks shit but I really wanna fucking fit in my pants again. Would cutting for a couple of weeks just prove to be counter productive at this point?
>>
What makes you get bigger vs getting stronger?

Like if I hit ~220lbs bench one day. Will I get bigger lifting that over and over again? Or do I need to constantly keep increasing the weight?
>>
>>36550372

The same thing works for both, more or less - you need to gradually increase your workload. Adding weight is the main, but not only, way to do that.
>>
Is it gay for you and your bros to jerk each other off if you don't let them finish you just do that part yourself?
>>
After deadlifting I have a much larger bruise on my right shin than my left. Is that cause for concern?
>>
I know this isn't /fit/ related but I need help.
So I never edged before but today I did for like 2 hours maybe.
Well when I came not much came out and all of a suddeb my balls and stomach started hurting. Dude it hurts to cough and the only relief I get is when I take a belt and tie it really tight around my stomach.
Help me guys, what do I do?
>>
>>36550700
hernia?
>>
>>36550306
Eat at maintenance for your weight. Keep your lifting routine the same if you can. Try it for 4 weeks? I'm no expert but if you want to keep your muscle, eating @ maintenance while lifting the same numbers would be the way to go imo.
>>
>>36550372
Bigger = Aesthetics
Stronger = Strength
This board will argue that you should forget about aesthetics if youre a beginner and do SS to form the foundation and have good strength to progress into a more advanced program. Size will come with strength but if you really want to get big then you cant be doing a strength oriented program. Look for intermediate bodybuilding programs once youve finished SS. I know you want to look juicy ASAP but having the foundation from SS helps so much, besides SS only takes 4months or so.
>>
File: MassEffect.jpg (226 KB, 1366x626) Image search: [Google]
MassEffect.jpg
226 KB, 1366x626
I'm 5'11, 85 kg. I'm eating 1577 kcal a day and I'm getting 150 g protein per day. Will I build muscle or will the amount of calories not make it possible?
>>
How do I breathe when I'm doing squats?

I watched this video with Rippetoe showing how to squat with proper form and he said "dont exhale when youre going up"

so do I exhale when going down?
>>
>>36550372
>What makes you get bigger vs getting stronger?
How strong you are depends on a bunch of neuromuscular factors i.e. adaptations of your nervous system that makes it possible to use your body more efficiently.
How big you are depends on how much work you're doing and whether you're getting the right nutritients in a sufficient amount.

Strength and size are highly correlated simply because a larger muscle always has the potential to be a stronger muscle (you just have to teach yourself to use it properly through neuromuscular adaptations), and at the same time being stronger makes it easier to get bigger for the following reason...

Whatever your goals are, you must apply the principle of Progressive Overload. You're training because you want to force your body to adapt (make gainz). But if you keep using the same weights and doing the same amount of work then your body adapts to that pretty quickly and won't have to adapt further because it's already able to handle your current workload. This is where progressive overload comes in: You must always strive to increase your performance in order to keep forcing your body to adapt i.e. grow bigger and stronger. There are many ways of doing this e.g. doing more sets, more reps, more exercises, resting less, altering lifting tempo, contracting harder etc, but over time you MUST increase the amount of weight on the bar (simply because you can't keep increasing the other variables, or you'd end up training 6 hours a day).
On a side note, the best programs are usually the ones that let you increase your working weights in the most effective manner.
>>
>>36550920
A final note on strength: Strength is extremely specific to how you train it. Otherwise the Worlds' best shot putter and arm wrestler would be the same person. That means that if you want to be good at lifting maximal weights then you must practice this. If you want to be good at lifting a lighter weight for as many reps as possible then you must practice this. If you want to be good at a certain exercise then you must practice this given exercise.

There will be some carry-over from one kind of strength to another. The more two exercises look alike, the better the transfer usually. But the only way to become an expert at something is to practice that particular thing.

For example, if you have 3 guys, one who doesn't lift, one who only trains the leg press and one who only trains the squat, then the guy who does leg presses will be a better squatter than the guy who doesn't lift (all things being equal) but the guy who squats will be better than the guy who does leg presses at squatting.

Another example: if you have 2 twins with equal amounts of muscle, but one trains exclusively using high reps and the other using low reps, then the high rep twin might be able to knock out 20 reps with a 100 kg in the squat, while the low rep twin might only be able to do 12 reps with a 100 kgs. However, the high rep twin's 1RM might only be 140 kgs while the low rep twin might be able to knock out a single with 160 kgs.
>>
>>36550903
lets just say many people cut at about 1500kcal a day
>>
>>36550915
>do I exhale when going down?
No, you exhale forcefully on the way up towards the top of the movement. Unless you're using heavy weights in which case you'll hold your breath during the whole rep and only exhale once you've finished the lift. Take a deep breath before you begin the descent.

>>36550903
If you're just starting out and you focus on progression in the gym you'll be able to build some muscle while cutting weight.
Nothing jaw dropping though.
>>
How important is a defined sleep schedule, how much do I need each night, and does my position matter?
>>
Thoughts on my split?
Bicep/Back
Tricep/Chest
Legs/Shoulder
rest
Repeat.
>>
>>36551128
I would put shoulders on a different day so you completely rest your upperbody on leg day

Good either way
>>
I have a wrist injury but I'm still a skinnyfat dyel. It will probably take a long time to heal so I've been thinking that I might use this time to cut some bf, although I'm not sure how much of my gains will melt if it will be pure HIIT without any lifting (wrist injury doesn't leave me much other options than just running). I need some physical activity anyway. What do you think brehs?
>>
>trying to bulk
>apparently I need a fuck load of carbs
>I can hit protein/calorie macros without ~350g carbs per day

First off, do I seriously need that many grams of carbs per day?

Secondly, if I do, which is best:
- Waxy Maise starch
- Dextrose Monohydrate
- Maltodextrin
to get extra carbs in?
>inb4 hurr eat more
>implying I can comfortably afford the rest of my food already
>>
>>36548655
Bump
>>
>>36551314
Oats? Pasta even? Anything is better than just pure sugar.
>>
>>36551322

It should be, but the low frequency means it might be hard to figure out exactly what is/isn't working when it comes to improving your deadlift.
>>
For 2 months I'm bulking on a 3000kcal diet.
I gained 8 pounds and weigh now bout 135 pounds.

I'm stalling on my appetite, I have no idea how I can keep eating like this.

Diet consists of milk, oats, bananas, meats, patatoes, peanuts,...

I'm constantly gagging every meal, will cardio help me get more hungry?

I'm on SS btw. (not doing gomad)
>>
>>36550079
Trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time is generally not a good idea
>>
>>36551354
How so?
>>
>>36551381

In most cases, it just results in very little of either happening.
>>
>>36551075
A sleep cycle is 3 hourse, so try and get 9 hours of sleep each night
>>
>>36551128
Would just do a Push-Pull-Leg
>>
>>36551339
Well first off, do SL not SS. Second, if you weigh 135 pounds then you don't need to bulk on 3000 kcal. 2600 would be just fine, just make sure to get the protein. All the extra kcal you don't use will be stored as fat and trust me, 135 pounds is not enough to use 3000 kcal. and yeah add cardio.
>>
>>36550079
http://scoobysworkshop.com/gain-muscle-lose-fat/
>>
File: sleepcycles.jpg (96 KB, 669x392) Image search: [Google]
sleepcycles.jpg
96 KB, 669x392
>>36551577
Nigga it's approximately 1,5hours and shortens each cycle. Check your facts before posting.

9 hours of sleep is good, but for example if you get 7,5h it's not that bad if you wake up getting 5 cycles. Often you don't feel tired at all even if you've ~4h 'cause you wake up from REM sleep and you aren't in the slow waves.
>>
>>36548647
Should I be giving my underage cousin whey? He decided to start lifting (for grils) and I want to give him a boost
Inb4 give him steroids for a bigger boost
>>
How should I hold a wineglass?
>>
>>36551639
Give him chicken breasts instead
>>
When can I get straps for deadlifts? Can't get 100kg 1x5 with good form and I blame my grip.
>>
>>36551660
Hell no, keep at it and strengthen your grip first (farmers walks, rows and shit)
>>
>>36551660
Amazon
>>
All the colleges I've been accepted to require you to get a meal plan and don't allow cooking.

How the fuck am I supposed to measure my food/track macros etc? I've worked hard to get a body I like and I love being able to track everything and know exactly what I'm eating. Now I have to eat from their junk and not be able to grocery shop and cook.
>>
>>36551670
What do you think of underhand grip rows? Normal ones hurt my wrists. Also I'm 55kg bodyweight so that 100 might have seemed really low
>>
>>36551670
>>36551660
your grip isn't a good reason to let your deads stall. that being said you should work on your grip at least 2-3 times a week. incorporate with holds of about 30s of as much as you can. also do hook grip if you haven't started already.

>>36551676
most dorms have at least 1 kitchen but you'll have to do alot of late night cooking then store it reheat. that being said, universities are usually decent about providing nutritional information
>>
>>36548647
is the first exercise in this video actually useful? I'm talking about the Curl and Press. right now I'm doing both anyway, so what would be pros and cons of doing them combined?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1r9toPQNkM
>>
>>36551763

Not generally. For most people, the curl weight and press weight won't match up - if its light enough to curl, its too easy to press.
>>
>>36551776
Yeah I noticed it in todays workout. would have been a great time saver for me.
>>
>>36551708
Idk senpai, can't really feel them where I need to so I stick to one-handed bent over db rows for a shitton of reps
>>
>>36548867
No, you're more likely to end up over estimating calories burned and then eat to much, killing your cut. Do a reasonable deficit and the cardio you're doing will just be a slightly extra boost to your cut
>>
File: 1402860772980.jpg (325 KB, 1022x1122) Image search: [Google]
1402860772980.jpg
325 KB, 1022x1122
I'm entering a cut for the first time. Gone strongfat after 6 months SS. Where do I start?
>>
Is my being really thirsty after a week of cutting normal? I've already had a litre of water today and I've only been awake for an hour or so. I'm still thirsty.
>>
>>36551883
By hitting around ~500 calorie deficit of your TDEE.

Use http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ to get a general idea of what you should aim for
>>
>>36551883
I did lyle's rapid fat loss diet after SS. it's much, much faster than the regular 500kcals deficit, and you can get back to making gains again in a few weeks.
>>
>>36552080
The whole point of cutting is to loose fat without losing muscle. Losing weight too quickly will almost undoubtably lead to an increase in muscle loss, alongside fat loss.
>>
>>36552098
the whole point of lyle's diet is to minimize the amount of muscle loss, and even a 500kcals deficit will cause muscle loss. it will also take a lot longer to reach your goal weight on a 500kcals deficit, which means it takes much longer before you can get back to training. I suggest you don't give advice on something you have no practical experience with.
>>
Skinnyfat who just started lifting (4-5x a week) about 5 months ago: now that I'm pushing slightly less embarrassing babyweights, my appetite has pretty much gone insane. Is that normal?
>>
>>36552264

Yes.
>>
Moved to a new city, gyms are pretty shit.

My best option doesn't have a squat rack. Any suggestions on what type of alternative squats are best to replace regular ones?

And no, looking for another gym isn't an option. This is basically a cardio city.
>>
>>36552167
>Take much longer before you can get back to training.

I'm cutting at a +500 calorie deficit, and still training 6 days a week. Don't know what you're on about.
>>
>>36552167
Are you talkin about PSMF? I just tried that, and holy shit. I made it 4days, today is the fifth. hunger is not a problem, it's nearly nonexistent, but I am about to collapse from fatigue. I tried lifting today, but I was winded after stretching and abs so I called it off. How do I combat this intense fatigue next time I try this diet?
>>
>>36552332

You basically can't, except maybe by very aggressive use of caffeine or similar. Its the same sort of diet they put morbidly obese people on for rapid weight loss - the bare minimum needed to not die.
>>
>>36552336
How do people lift on this?? I couldn't even do 1rep of 80% of my max squat
>>
>>36552167
No, just no, your body doesn't decide to lose its muscles if you eat 1 kcal less than wjat you needed, you can be without eating 1 day and don't lose muscle, you're overexageratting, 500 kcal deficit during a week is not going to make you lose strength, and the little muscle mass lost will be recovered with a single refeed.
>>
>>36552346

Generally they don't, at least not with anything resembling their normal weights. Its a crash diet and it will cost you some muscle (barring heavy anabolic use). The only selling point it has it that its fucking fast, which is nice if you've got a deadline or are (as the original use) grievously ill because of your bodyweight.
>>
>>36552364
Hmmm well thanks for answering. Maybe I'll just refeed today, and try it again for 4 more days but take it easy on the lifting when I physically can't do it.
>>
>>36552060
Bump
>>
>>36552060
Yes, it's normal. When you decrease your carbohydrate intake you excrete more water because your muscles are using glycogen, and exercise dehydrates you anyway.
>>
>>36552393
I thought it might be, since I lost 2kg in 6-7 days, first week of cutting. Probably mostly the water weight.
>>
How tight should elbow sleeves be? I can feel the veins in my forearms and hands bulging, does that mean I've outgrown them?
>>
File: Pre lifting body.jpg (716 KB, 2406x1544) Image search: [Google]
Pre lifting body.jpg
716 KB, 2406x1544
>>36551331
>>36551314

guess a better question is:

How important is it to get carbs on rest days if you're bulking? I can hit protein/cals just fine but I want to keep the bodyfat gains to a minimum

>pic is me, 72kg
>>
Why does my protein powder froth up so much after shaking it? My last one didn't, but this one does so much that I can't finish it because when it gets to the last part, It's disgusting.

I'm using Myprotein Impact Whey Isolate for the record.
>>
File: 1449399194349.png (75 KB, 348x301) Image search: [Google]
1449399194349.png
75 KB, 348x301
is there a program that does 10-15 SETS of light weight squats?
just saw these 2 guys take up the only rack for an hour.
Theyre regulars and strong and could definitely do more weight, but theyre doing max 70kg.
>>
Can anyone share their experiences with yohimbine/yohimbe? How much should I take?
Pic related is the only thing i can get my hands on in this shithole, is it any good?
>>
>>36551591
Thanks man

Nah, I'm not a fan of SL.
Problem is, I would like to eat 2500k a day. But my hunger disappeared completely.
>>
Okay so my knees are pretty shitty currently. Can I substitute squats with anything else? I have problems just doing a regular body weight squat, but before my knee made me it's bitch I could only squat 155 lbs
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x4032
How do I get a bigger chest? Shit is bugging me.

>genetics
>>
Me and friend have been doing the Rippetoe's Starting Strength revisited for a while now and want to switch to a more mass/aesthetics program towards the summer. Anyone have any tips on programs to check out? I've checked out the FAQ already
>>
It's extremely hard for me to do bulgarian split squats. Any tips beside doing more of it until I get better which is obvious?
>>
I have a really weak grip. The only was I can deadlift more than 200 lbs is to use a mixed grip, which is supposed to be bad for you muscle symmetry or something. Do I need to stop using mixed grip? If so, how do I improve my grip strength?
>>
Is there an app similar to Myfitnesspal but instead of counting macros it counts micros/antioxidants that kind of stuff from the kind of food im eating

Would be extremely helpful to see if im missing out on anything i feel should he included in my diet
>>
>>36552777
Nothing wrong with mixed grip. Just make sure you switch your over and underhand if your worried about imbalance
>>
>>36552721
What's hard about it?
>>
File: 1459046524784.jpg (137 KB, 960x870) Image search: [Google]
1459046524784.jpg
137 KB, 960x870
Should beginners bulk or cut? I'm 5'6 at 160 and my lifts are steadily going up, I wanna be an otter for the summer
>>
>>36553057
It's really kind of choice to either be more mired by men or women. Most of men will respect you more when you're strong and bulked, while women just want to see your abs.
>>
File: munchies.jpg (40 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
munchies.jpg
40 KB, 600x450
How do I recover from a weekend of full-blown binge eating?
Total eaten surplus is ~9600kcal in bullshit sweets.
On the bright side I only drank 2 beers.
>>
>>36553095
Not doing it again would be a good start.
>>
>>36553106
That's the reason I counted the calories: to see what monstrous pig I turn in when left to cater to my recovering-fatty cravings
>>
>>36553077
If I just wanted to gain muscle could I just stay at my current weight and keep lifting?
>>
>>36552516
bump, help me please
>>
>>36553095

If I were to be honest I'd probably make the same face; that pizza seems freaking delicious
>>
>>36552721
yes

do more of it until you get better
>>
>>36553133
You're not going to build much muscle if you don't up your calorie intake. Fat doesn't just "turn into muscle" no matter what women's fitness instagrams insist.
>>
Is agility training activity specific or is there a general approach I can take, and if so what might that look like? For example are basketball suicides pretty specific to basketball needs or do they have a good amount of carryover to other activities and general fitness?
>>
>>36553219
If I wanted to build a little more muscle would it be alright to bulk for a few months then cut when summer's near?
>>
I failed my 3x5 for 60kg OHP. I managed 58.7kg 3x5 last week, but that was when I had just started cutting. I only managed 1 rep. Also only managed 3 reps with 55kg, but that may be attributed to not enough rest time after the 1 rep.

Should I forget about making any strength gains, lower the weight a little, and just keep doing reps of 8-10/10-12's on all my exercises while I'm cutting?
>>
>>36553287
In case of cutting, summer is already near if you live in northern hemisphere,
>>
Barbell rows or dumbbell rows?
>>
>>36553287
Honestly, if you want to get ready for summer at this late point your best option is just to diet and be a skelly with abs. You won't build enough muscle in one or two months to make much of a difference.
>>
I'm 5'11 and 85 kg. I've lost 20 kg so far but I'm eating 1577 kcal a day which I feel is quite low. Could I eat 1916 kcal and still loose the weight? I lift 4 days a week, an hour each and I run three days a week, around 20-30 min.
>>
>>36553287
>then cut when summer's near?

How quickly do you drop weight? How quickly do you gain weight? If you know you gain x amount of weight on a +500 calorie surplus and lose x amount of weight on a -500 calorie deficit then just figure out the timings for when to start your cut or bulk.

If you have no idea how quickly you put on or lose weight how the fuck do you know if you can even complete your cut before summer?

Even so, the end of March is pretty fucking late to start your cut. At your weight the only thing that could get you cut up to see how shit your non-abs are before summer is an EC stack or DNP, both with a caloric deficit. EC is the safer option by far but you might react poorly to it, doubly so with DNP.

Right now trying to cut before summer hits could be a useless, frustrating endeavor for you. But if you care more about your waistline shrinking than your lifts growing start on a -500 cal cut and monitor how your weight loss goes closely. You'll learn some valuable info about your body for a future bulk/cut cycle and feel better about how your body looks even if you stall/deload at the gym.

Alternatively +500 bulk, write the summer off and start your cut in September. you gon be a beast next year doin this but you're going to keep looking like shit for a while
>>
>>36549002
Hands closer together=more triceps, hands farther apart=more chest. Do them based on what you want to work
>>
>>36553410
Both 2bh. I personally like to the bent over row with barbell and one arm dumbbell row on bench. The first one is more compound, while the second allows you to isolate your upper back more.
>>
What's a good meal planner? I have absolutely no creativity and I live alone so I have to pick my own food for my bulking diet.
>>
>>36552608
Dumbell flys on bench and incline.. shit will tear you up
>>
>>36553449
>>36553424
>>36553405
thanks famalam
>>
>>36553525
Already do that
>>
>>36553537
Do that shit every day, over training is a damn myth
>>
>>36553552
No it fucking isn't

>>36553537
Do some cable fly and push ups. It takes time. make sure nutrition is on point.
>>
>>36553443
Bump brothers
>>
Can I get away with doing power cleans instead of barbell rows forever?
>>
>>36553443
What's your TDEE? Work it out, eat less than that. Accept that upping your intake whilst still being under your TDEE will slow your weight loss.
>>
File: 2016-03-28 07.54.12.png (138 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-28 07.54.12.png
138 KB, 540x960
She's a hoe and has sent noods to niggas b4. What are some alpha techniques so I can fugg her. Or at least get noodz.
>>
>>36553609
Yes and no. Yes in that you can do whatever the fuck you want with your training protocol. No in that in the long term, PCs generally aren't enough for many goals. Pretty much everyone at or beyond the intermediate levels of strength do some kind of rows
>>
>>36549652
It says how much they weigh on the packaging. Section it off if you need to.
>>
>>36549730
It's good for a month or two. Gets form for major lifts down packed and progressively improves them. There are some standards when you should leave the program, 2 pl8 bench, 1 pl8 OHP ect ect, but jump off when you feel comfortable.
>>
>>36549783
Add some accessories where you feel like you're lagging yo, that easy.
>>
>>36550306
Depends on what your goal is.
>>
>>36549652
After. When you cook chicken, the lost weight is almost entirely water, and most chicken packages preserve the product with some kind of brine or broth, which changes the pre-cooking weight to varying degrees. Weighing after cooking will give you more accurate nutrition numbers
>>
>>36550676
Do you drag the bar up your shins?
>>
>>36553615
Thanks, will it help my muscle gain?
>>
>>36551235
Cutting without lifting means goodbye gains.
>>
>>36553819
You won't make gains on a deficit, but as long as you're working your muscles a smaller deficit will preserve them a bit better than a big deficit.
>>
>>36551642
Your woman should
>>
>>36553663
Daaaaaamn nigga
>>
I like doing lunges with dumbbells, Ive been getting a good leg/ass work out with it, but ever since I up my DL weight lunges hasnt been working well on my legs/ass. the problem is that since I have to use heavier dumbbells, my arms cant really carry that much weight

What do? More curls? Or am I imagining all this?
>>
Ex fatass here, I've got a small amount of loose skin around my stomach and ass. Are there actually any loose skin tightening techniques or ointments that are worth looking into?
>>
What kind of body would you aim for if you were 6'6" or 198cm?
>>
>>36554023
grow muscle where fat used to be
>>
File: routine.png (41 KB, 1074x603) Image search: [Google]
routine.png
41 KB, 1074x603
Does this seem like too much training:

>4 days a week lifting ABxABxx with ab circuit every 3rd day
>30 min yoga every day
>cardio and 30 minutes bodyweight skill training (handstands, l-sits, etc.) on non-lifting days

My lifting usually pans out to about 90 minute sessions, so lifting days will have 120 minutes of activity. Cardio will be couch to 5k and once that's done, move up to the 10k progression.

Am I setting myself up to fuck my shit up, or can it be done? Diet plan is currently projected at 4000 calories a day to compensate.
>>
>>36553849
Not even if I eat enough proteins?
>>
>>36554436
Not even if your entire calorie intake is proteins, friend.

>>>sticky
>>
>>36554481
But...But

http://scoobysworkshop.com/gain-muscle-lose-fat/

Is it wrong?
>>
>>36553449
How obese are you that you can't cut in 3 months?
>recommending DNP
God you guys piss me off some times
>>
File: 1354259186546.png (436 KB, 750x545) Image search: [Google]
1354259186546.png
436 KB, 750x545
>>36553552
Shut the fuck up, you obviously have never trained hard enough if you have never experienced or were in the beginning stages of overtraining. Its not fun at all a wouldn't recommend to anyone; sleeping is nice.
>>
>>36554501
There's some good points in there, but it sounds a bit like "trick your body" pseudo-scientific speculation rather than anything definite. By all means do what Scooby recommends and report back, but it pretty much goes against the accepted rhetoric on muscle gain and fat loss.
>>
>>36554584
Thanks for being so nice, sure any other /fit/ user would have ripped my head off. I measure bodyfat so I got some pretty exact measurements on my body. Hope it works, else I'll just have to cut down to 10% and than build up muscle.
>>
File: JUST-another-elliot.png (274 KB, 726x588) Image search: [Google]
JUST-another-elliot.png
274 KB, 726x588
>>36554370
Bump
>>
>>36553095
Oy, bumping my question requesting advice for a course of action i should follow.
>to top it off i also caught a nasty flu today
FML
>>
>>36554740
Literally just eat like a normal person and follow your exercise routine. You can't take that binge back and it's not worth starving yourself and risking getting into a binge/starve cycle, you just have to move on and not do it again.
>>
>>36554740
Keep Snacks away from your house

Remember how you feel the day after. A weeks of work in the fucking toilet.

Count your calories

don't be a spineless pig
>>
File: DARE.jpg (69 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
DARE.jpg
69 KB, 640x426
How long would it take to achieve this?
>>
>>36554760
>>36554767
Today i went to the gym, worked out back muscles and then ran a 10k. Ate ~1900kcals.
Need I keep going with the cardio?
>>
>>36554792
Yes, you got 9000 kcal to burn
>>
>>36549792
Think of it as "QTDDTOT"-T
>>
>>36554790
5 months and low body fat,you may look even better.
>>
>>36554790
4months tops if you're not a fatass and know the basics of proper dieting (counting kcals, trackint macros). With a diet that's on point you could get there in far less time.
If fatass please first do cardio all day erry day till you lose all the excess weight (500kcal deficit or up to 750, depending on height) then proceed lifting for 4 months. This is the shortest course of action
>>
>>36554840
His lats look bigger than mine, but I can rep 100lb chin up. Are there other great exercises to hit lats besides chins?
>>
File: image.png (161 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
161 KB, 750x1334
What should I do now /fit/?
It's been about 20 hours since my last message.
>>
Is lifting really good for your joints and tendons in the long run? I mean, if you lift heavy it always creates some micro-damage to your tissues. Does this tissue always recover as stronger than it was before damage?
>>
can a beginner skinny fat use a carb cycle to lower BF% and gain muscle?
>>
>>36554899
>i think you have to go for a chat up line unless there's something interesting you can comment on in their bio
U dun fucked up there, son
>>
>>36554899
Dumb motherfucker,just say hi.
You already fucked up.
>>
>>36554899
You called her boring, cut your losses
>>
>>36554908
Depends really. Anything over 15% bodyfat will loose weight almost as good (and a lot easier) by just eating less calories than they use. If you are under 15% then carb cycling can work, especially if you are under the 10%.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 736x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 736x1000
>>36554923
>>36554938
>>36554944
Yeah ok but if I leave it there's like 0.01 chance she'll message me again whereas if I send the right message maybe it could be a 0.1 chance she'll respond.

What would you do if you really wanted to fuck her and wanted to maximise your chance of fucking her?
>>
>>36555039
>Respond: look desperate, get no fug
>Leave it: 0.01 chance of fug
>>
>>36555039
Nigga, if she was still game for anything, she would've responded by now. You're overestimating your chances with that whole 0.1 shit. You'll just look desperate and full of autismo
>>
So I just started training again and I thought I'd go for 12 reps, because why the fuck not? I have never tried that before(done SS before).

I'd estimate that I am still in my noob gains phase and my question is if I would be making bigger mass gains using SS or maybe Stronglifts? At some point I wanna switch to maximum and explosive strength, but I thought I'd just try to get bigger for a change.
>>
>>36555039
Not calling her bio uninteresting would be a strong first step.
>women are egocentristic that way and take every remark in the worst way possible. That's why it's tricky to not be either a dick or a beta around them, because the grey area inbetween is a tiny sliver.
>>
>>36555039
You're done for. Just move and find someone else.
>>
>>36555039
nigga you already dead
nobody wants some zombie ass dead nigga clinging to them
>>
File: 1454768142807.png (964 KB, 802x1060) Image search: [Google]
1454768142807.png
964 KB, 802x1060
new here, what the fuck is london?
>>
>>36555065
>>36555087
>>36555128
>>36555159
That's not very yolo of you.
>>
>>36554840
I'm eating at a 1000-1500kCal deficit (1400~ on avg.) to go from 130kg to 100kg (at 119 now). Will this kill me?
>>
Are potatoes a bad source of carbs? I never see them mentioned on /fit/.
>>
>>36555174
A city in the UK.
>>
>>36552469
Not what i am aware of, but hates these guys!

Quick question for you, are you the famous herbmaster of /fit/ anon?
>>
>>36555289
m8 if you want to send a response that badly then just do it
>>
Can a famalam post the ass-routine for girls pic?
>>
>>36555409
>>
I can put up a measly 3 pull ups on the wood beams in my house right now. Are sets that small even worth doing?

Also I'm at sets of 30 pushups. How many sets should I try to do over the course of a day?

I live in literal nowhere Maine with no gym in an hour's drive. Bodyweight exercise is fine for me, I'm looking to get healthy, not shooting for aesthetics.
>>
>>36555307
dude it will

do 1900, 1500 is simply to low, especially for a 130 kg man. I was 105 kg when I started, started on 1900 kcal and let me tell you, the first weeks are pure hunger pain unless you do it right. Took me two months and I was down to 90, do some cardio and eat clean, it will get you a long way.
>>
>>36555550
>Are sets that small even worth doing?
Yes, do 3s for a while and eventually you'll be able to do 4 pull ups.
>>
>>36555568
I've been doing it for two months now and it feels fine. I eat 1500 and burn 3000, resulting in a 1500kcal deficit per day. Losing 1.5kg per week
>>
Alright what the fuck

I've finally been able to get into ATG mode on my squats. However, the deeper I've gone, the more like shit my knees feel. After I squat, I can barely bend at the knee without hitting resistance. It's almost like resistance bands living in my knees and tugging. It's not painful, they're just very stiff and prevent any mobility for the next 4-5 days. I don't have valgus knees, and I can't figure out wtf is going on for the life of me. I do have a tad bit of buttwink, but it's mostly my spine going back to neutral position.

I took a week off, knees felt completely fine. First day back, they're fucked again.

Any fucking tips?
>>
>>36555629
The loose skin will be strong with you
>>
I've got a preworkout that has 500mg of creatine in it, if I start taking ~5g creatine with my workouts, should I add it to the preworkout or have it after.
And if I add it to the preworkout should I get the same flavour, or be ~~funky~~ and mix them up?
>>
>>36555691
I don't understand. Are you asking if you should take more than 5g of creatine a day? Because you shouldn't. There's no need.
>>
File: Current Routine.jpg (454 KB, 1435x738) Image search: [Google]
Current Routine.jpg
454 KB, 1435x738
Fatass here, I've been doing the routine in image for a little over a month now, but I dont really know how good it is. I did SS for about a month a few years ago moved into a split, got a demanding job, lost a lot of progress and now im back at it. If it matters I swim for about an hour before each work out and im finally getting close to swimming freestyle without looking like im drowning. I just have to get breathing down.

Can you guys look this over and tell me any changes i need to make? Here are a couple things that stand out to me:

-Not a fan of smith machines so i switched the Smith Machine Shoulder Press for a standing OHP.

-I'm too fat to do a pull up and there isnt a pull up assistance machine at my gym, so I kind of switched it out for a wide gripped lat pulldown. I will probably switch to doing negatives once my upperbody gets a little stronger and I lose a little bit more weight.

-I'm not very confident in my bent over rows. Any tips or suggestions on correct form? I see a lot of conflicting information on form when i try to find youtube videos on this. I think i used to do pendlay rows back when I did SS.

-Cable crossovers are another one I'm not to confident on my form on.

-Do I use an easy curl bar for preacher curls? Rippetoe says they are useless, so i figured i should at least investigate further.

-The leg press right after squats seems a bit redundant, but I dont know too much about the leg press. Also are leg extensions ok? I have increased my weight for them by 80lbs in two weeks, I'm not sure if im doing something wrong or if its mostly noob gains.

I'm consistently adding weight on most days. Leg days have improved the most, though I just now reached 1pl8 squats and my balance and form was pretty off on my last two sets. However, I didnt increase any weight on my bench last week (Hell i barely managed to get 4 reps in) because my triceps felt like they were exhausted only when under load. Is that because I swam pre-workout?
>>
>>36555653

If I had to guess, you're not extending your hips fully before you start to extend the knee. When you come up out of the hole, you start by drawing your knees towards you, then straighten the hips, then finish extending the knee.

Instead, when your knees track over your toes keep them wherever they end up until you're out of the hole. Imagine you're pressing your knees into a wall, and only after you use that hip drive to get up out of the bottom do you extend your knees.

Check this video of Max Aita teaching the squat and give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrwiddA_8CQ

Also, ass to grass isn't necessary - if you want to do it, go for it, but below parallel is good enough..
>>
Is microloading (i.e. 0.5kg increase here and there) a good way to progress without hitting a plateau? I know its a very slow way of progressing but still.
>>
Fitness noob here,

Leg Press - good or bad? can it replace squats? http://scoobysworkshop.com/squat-myths/

Should I avoid them? Tell me everything please
>>
>>36548647
Has anyone here tried this routine: http://my.kinobody.com/offers/afl/

I would try it but I dont want to pay as it seems like a scam and I cant find it anywhere for free
>>
>>36555716
No, I currently have 500mg with my preworkout, so if I start having normal doses of 3-5g, should I add it to my preworkout or have it after my workout with my protein shake?
>>
>>36555843
Sorry, I'm tired, I was operating under the assumption that 500mg was 5g.

As long as you have 5g a day, it makes absolutely no difference when you take it, considering it takes at least 2 weeks for it to take effect once you start taking it. It's not an instant boost.
>>
I am an 18 year old loser who has decided to get /fit/. I found two dumbbells for sale at a flea market. I don't even know how much they weigh, but they are completely covered in this green rubbery substance if anyone knows what they are. I have been doing curls with them ,both standing and while sitting at desk, and

1. I don't feel it in my biceps where I know I should be feeling it, but instead in my forearms

2. I don't really feel anything in my left arm, which I know is weaker than my right arm, but I do feel it in my right arm

Should I just work on making my left arm even with my right arm in terms of functional strength? Am I doing something wrong? Is my form bad? I dun goofed?
>>
Has anyone here tried powerballs?

I went to a friend 2 days ago and he had a powerball. That shit was really nice, spinning it really fast tires your arm like crazy.

They say it works out your entire arm or sth, tho I only felt it on my wrist/ forearm.
>>
Anyone tried mixing shake flavours? What goes well with lemon & lime, besides lemon & lime?
>>
>focus on x part of the body
what does this actually entail?
im on ss but my chest is lagging behind, i already do incline bench and cable flies on my bench day but progress is still really slow 2bh lads
>>
>>36548647
What's the lowest calorie intake per day for losing weight? 6' 1" 200lbs fat-ass here who wants to shed weight alongside my weight/cardio routines.

Heard 1200kcal as the lowest intake per day that will mean you won't pass out and die?
>>
Do squats help with running if you start both at the same time and you're staying lean?
>>
>>36555975
use scoobys calorie calculator and figure your stats out
>>
>>36555922
They're probably too light. If dumbbell is covered in bright colored rubber, it is probably meant to be used by women and old people in useless gimmicky exercises. How many repetitions can you do in a row?
>>
>>36555922
Also read the fucking sticky
>>
>>36556004
Yes and no.

Yes, it'll build up muscle and cardio simultaneously which obviously helps running, but there will be some level of muscle fatigue if you're lifting at any decent weight.

As long as you're not competing you'll be fine, cardio and weight alongside each other is what professional athletes do anyway.
>>
>>36556023
>>36556037
>>36555922

This.

After my first dumbbell curls my forearms and biceps both felt fucking sore.
>>
I've been doing this exercise, dunno if it has a name, but basically I put my feet on a stair, let the heels hang off, and lift and lower my body on the balls of my feet, dropping my heel just below the height of the stair going downwards.

Shit was making my calves sore and locking them up afterwards at first, but I feel like this might help with running. Should I keep at this or am I fucking something up/wasting my time?
>>
Is it possible for your BMR to be way below what a calculator estimates?

My BMR is almost 2k but I feel like I go far below that quite often and I'm staying at around 140 regardless. Could it just be my mind or are some ppl way below normal? Maybe my sedentary lifestyle conditioned my body to be that way?
>>
>>36556140
Are you sure your calorie tracking is accurate? I.e. are you adjusting your intake based on what you assume you've burned during a workout?
>>
>>36556023
>How many repetitions can you do in a row?

About 55. My left arm feels weird and wants to give out before my right arm after like 40. I will figure out how much they weigh.
>>
>>36556177
Yeah, I was obsessively for awhile, but I can't seem to drop any further in bodyfat %. I just linger around 141 no matter what I do.
>>
>>36556135
That's called a standing calf raise.

A fair few gyms have machines for them, and/or seated calf raises.

I couldn't tell you whether or not it'll help you with running though.
>>
>>36556213
Thanks Anon. I'll stick with it then.
>>
I can do like 7-8 chin ups but can barely even complete 1 negative pull up. Is that normal? Should I try some other exercises or just continue with chin ups?
>>
I had some beef stew earlier. I'm on a cut, and I'm not sure how many calories was in the plateful I had. Should I eat, or play it safe? I was at ~1200 calories before I had it, and I'm consuming around ~2000 a day.
>>
>>36556185
That's waay too much. These dumbbells are useless. The weight should be heavy enough so you couldn't do more than 12 reps. More about this in the sticky. Read it.
>>
>>36556207
It's probably just a plateau, give it time and see what happens. If you're still not losing after a few weeks it's probably time to drop your intake a little.
>>
>>36556242

Thank you.
>>
>>36551877
Thank you anon
>>
>>36556248
thanks.

I'm able to fast pretty hardcore and take it well. I don't really have any "gains" to lose, but I don't want what little muscle I have to shrivel away and make me extremely weak. If I spend 21 days on a very harsh cut, even though I don't have any trained muscle built up, will I get weaker somehow still? Again, I'm only 141 lbs @ 5'9 barefoot.
>>
What are recommended running shoes? My pair got destroyed and I need a replacement. Preferably no heel lift like the NB minimus.
>>
>>36548655
Idk man i would do squat twice dl once then the next week deadlift twice squat once, or enjoy ur quad dominance and beta hammies
>>
>>36555795
Oh god thank you. I'll check this out.
>>
>>36556241
Bump
I don't even feel hungry anymore because of this cut, and I can't eyeball the calories.
>>
>>36548647
How many grams of whey is one 75 ml scoop?
>>
File: akun viimeinen matka.jpg (10 KB, 300x282) Image search: [Google]
akun viimeinen matka.jpg
10 KB, 300x282
What to do with my squat? My femur is really fucking long, and I cannot even get to parallel without weights. And I think I have tight calves. I stretch and massage them, but still.. Fuckin hate this. Even front squatting is impossible
>>
File: 1416868103309.jpg (93 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1416868103309.jpg
93 KB, 1024x768
Is it possible to lose fat while gaining muscle? I'm skinnyfat looking to not be gross looking anymore.
Yes I know this q is older than /fit/ and time itself
>>
>>36553410
Be careful with dumbell rows. Easy to get hernia with that exercise. Some people are genetically predisposed to get them.
>>
>>36556574

Apparently it's possible for complete and utter beginners who are skinnyfat, but it's going to be minimal. Pick one, work on it, then do the other when you've reached a satisfying point.
>>
>>36556574

The general consensus is you won't be able to get much more than basic noob gains.

Once you have your baseline, it's best to be concerned about maintaining what you already have when cutting (which is possible with proper diet management)
>>
I need more fiber. Google says eat lentils and legumes, but I've never eaten either before so I'm curious as to what specific ones I should buy.

Cutting @ ~1200, should I just get a fiber supplement and call it a day?
>>
>>36556574

Haha, fugg, what book is that?
>>
I'm tired as fuark today /fit/. I need to go to the gym but with my current energy I'd just tire out before

I already ate a handful of cashews about 2 hours ago, and I can't eat anything else or I'll have to wait for it to pass through my stomach (I get nauseous easily).

What can I do to get my energy up?
>>
>>36556368
Depends on your feet. Go to a running store and get your gait analyzed. Then they will fit you with the correct shoe.
>>
How reasonable is it to keep or slightly improve my lifts (maybe 1-2kg) on a cut?
>>
>>36556716
Depends if you're coming off a bulk or just starting. Coming off a bulk it's basically impossible to gain muscle, very difficult to keep it the same. if you're just fat you can gain beginner muscle.
>>
File: 346.jpg (34 KB, 680x276) Image search: [Google]
346.jpg
34 KB, 680x276
>>36556670
No alcohol. Include a little cardio in your routine from now on. Get enough sleep. Eat enough food. Take a pwo supp like c4
>>
People say masturbating three times a day is bad, does that mean having sex 3 times a day is bad too?
>>
>>36556745
I'm not asking what I need to do for a cut, just today specifically. I've been lifting for over a month no issues.
>>
>>36556751
If you're having sex 3 times a day you shouldn't be caring about what some virgin on the internet tells you to do.
>>
>>36556751
Just once every so often? Not bad for you but very tiring.

Consistently? Yes, it's tiring and draining.
>>
>>36556740
Skinnyfat here, eating at/just above maintenance. I've apparently lost a couple of pounds the past few weeks but that's more than likely water weight
>>
File: piccoloisawanka.jpg (32 KB, 564x423) Image search: [Google]
piccoloisawanka.jpg
32 KB, 564x423
>>36548647
ok fellow /fit/izens, I have 2 problems:

I'm just coming out of bulking for 6 months, want to cut for the summer (I know it's a bit late but whatevs), but there are 2 muscle groups where I can't find anybody who knows how to train them:

1: lats, how the fuck do I train lats to fix my hourglass figure (excluding chin- and pull-ups, I'm too weak for those, before you ask no my test is fine, I checked it a year ago)

2: how to cure the fap arm syndrome?
my right biceps is literally 2cm (0.8 inches) thicker than my right one, my right pec is more defined, what the fuck do I do to even my left side?

thanks for existing /fit/ you guys have helped me come out of the fucking sad ass almost-neet life I've lived 1.5 year ago
>>
File: 171CEI1.jpg (949 KB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
171CEI1.jpg
949 KB, 2988x5312
>>36556768
What did you do today or last night differently from your regular routine? Assuming that being tired as fuck hasn't been a recurring problem for you
>>
>>36556783
Why are you eating at maintenance? That will literally not help you at all
>>
I started my cut a week ago, lost 2kg, probably mostly water weight, but today I've been thirsty all day. I've drank 3-4 times as much water as I usually do, and I'm practically pissing out urine cleaner than in most countries taps.

Will this continue?
>>
>>36556808
had to get a new driver's license today. Had to get up about 2 hours earlier than I usually do and didn't sleep great last night. Also didn't have time for my usual breakfast.
>>
>>36556818
if you drink a lot of water your pee won't be yellow.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.