[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Scoob right when he says that for the first month of lifting,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.png (764 KB, 833x422) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.png
764 KB, 833x422
Is Scoob right when he says that for the first month of lifting, I should be lifting almost nothing to build proper form and strengthen tendons?
I'm a bit conflicted with his advice and Rippetoes SS. I'd just like to know where to start in terms of weight.
>>
>>36547436
Here's how l started
>go to gym
>pick up bar
>do a few warm up sets with empty bar
>go up with weights till l hit 1RM
>do this for all exercices
>leave
That's it, if you want proper form simple : keep your back straight you fucking cunt, backwards or forward, both are dangerous.
>>
>>36547436
I don't know
>>
>>36547543
>>36547543
>do this for all exercices

So I should stay with the same weight for all barbell exercises, and slowly add more every workout?
>>
>>36547436
>Is Scoob right
Whenever you think this give yourself ten upper cuts and come back to reality. This roiding faggot is not right about anything, why would you take natural advice from someone taking drugs.
>>
>>36547580
He seems like a pcool and experienced dude tbqh.
Probably not a manlet either.
>>
>>36547576
You should start at 0, then work your way up to your 1 RM. Form is important but spending 1 month on it is not necessary, but also do your best not to fuck your shit up. Watch videos about proper form before going to the gym
>>
>>36547603
Scoobs is pretty good with nutrition. His old beginner program was bretty good too. He's just afraid of squats.
>>
>>36547719
Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but should I work my way up from zero EVERY workout?
Once I've reached it, am I supposed to dial down the weight and use that as a mark for what to lift for my sets?
>>
>>36547436
Focus on form for sure, use whatever weight is comfortable for you to be able to adjust and evaluate form. If you have bad form when dead lifting you could snap your spine into two pieces. Literally.
Strengthening tendons and ligaments? That stuff is only strengthened with static holds or very slow reps, like a rep for a count of 10 or 30, etc
>>
>>36547954
Well you should always warm up.

So for example if I'm squatting, I always do two sets of 5 with the bar and then add weight like this:
1) 25% of work set for 5 reps
2) 50% of work set for 3 reps
3) 75% of work set for 2 reps
4) 90% of work set for 1 rep.

For diddlys, once you're over 2pl8 just start with 1 pl8 as a warmup.

If it's your first time with a particular exercise with no previous weight established, start with the barx5. Then add 10-20 lb (5-10 kilo) for sets of 5. Once you start slowing down in reps you hit your work set. It's better to be cautious and stay lower, don't rush to hit failure.
>>
File: 1315712513733s.jpg (5 KB, 189x251) Image search: [Google]
1315712513733s.jpg
5 KB, 189x251
>>36548180
Thanks bruh.
Heading to the gym right now.
>>
Your first problem is that you came to/fit/ for answers
>>
>>36547436
Scooby is a nice guy and a demanding puzzlemaster, but should not be relied upon for actual fitness advice.
>>
>>36548229
Have fun
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.