[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>resting between sets in home gym >wife comes in >"all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Saitama_OK.jpg (29 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
Saitama_OK.jpg
29 KB, 375x305
>resting between sets in home gym
>wife comes in
>"all I see you doing out here is resting, you don't really need to rest that much do you?"

3 minutes between heavy sets isn't crazy, is it?
>>
>>36546724
>resting between sets in the gym.
>bros come in.
>start getting nervous because i don't want to look like i'm hogging equipment.
>>
>>36546724
It's at home do what you want but 3 mins is excessive but I guess depends on what you're doing I guess.
>>
>>36546724
nah, squat and diddly require rest 5-8 minutes sometime too
>>
>gf finally signs up to gym
>I show her round, start her with leg day to get dat ass
>doing squats, not going easy just cause she's there. Last set I grunt a little
>"baby you shouldn't push your body so hard. Your gonna hurt yourself."

Says things like this the whole rise home. She mentioned the DYEL guy next to me kept everything light and wouldn't strain himself.

Thinking of getting a gym trained gf
>>
I remember watching a video that three minutes is optimal as rest time. They did a comparison study between one minute rest time and three minute rest time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMK5lTjbmRI
>>
>>36546724
Usually I wait until I get that feeling, on light days it's roughly a minute on heavy it's between two and three usually closer to two. If I wait too long it causes me to fail or if too close I'll fail.
Really just boils down to what works for you.
>>
I pretty much do 3 minutes just for the big compound lifts I play it by ear on other lifts. But it's like she doesn't believe me that there can be a lot of resting in a routine
>>
You should rest until you feel ready for your next lift.
>>
>>36546966
/thread
>>
File: 1457504358361.jpg (230 KB, 600x760) Image search: [Google]
1457504358361.jpg
230 KB, 600x760
>>36546786
This post right here. Typically I am with you OP for resting for about 3 minutes.
>>
>>36546724
destroy your wife's asshole
>>
>>36546779
this is why you never take your gf to the gym
>>
Just get your wife's son to work his 100kg heavier set while you rest. That ought to do the job!
>>
>>36546724
5 seconds between sets, 60 seconds between exercises
>>
i rest between 2-4 minutes (probably about 2.5 - 3 minutes average) no matter what. Is that bad? i would definetly have to lower my weights if i only did 1 minute, i press myself to my limits on each set and need sum time to recover
>>
>>36546724
your wife may be right... ask her son and see what he thinks
>>
>>36547010
You never take ANYBODY to the gym. Not just your gf. You go in. You stay quiet and avoid eye contact. You do your sets. You exchange blowjobs in the locker room. Then, you go home. I hate couples and groups in the gym.
>>
>>36546848
explain to her that you need to give time for ATP to replenish. she can't argue with science.
>>
I rest 30-45 seconds between every set, for every exercise, excluding squats, which take a bit longer.
Maybe 2 to 5 minutes between exercises.

One day I finished my pendlay rows and immediately after deadlifted the bar with the weights (60 kg or something, not much) to put it away from the middle of the room and almost passed out. Resting is important, but resting too much is just wasting time
>>
>>36547401
When you get up to real weights you'll definitely need rest.

To OP, I always go by feel and I don't do the same amount of time for every exercise. Deadlfts, benching, squats, and OHP are longer and isolation workouts are shorter, but I do the next set once I feel it.
>>
>>36546780
Who made this video?
>>
>>36546724
The only time I would be worried is if your gym is pretty busy and people are waiting to use equipment. Otherwise, rest as long as you'd like.
>>
>>36546779
This is why I'm glad my gf isn't an idiot. She doesn't lift, but she knows all the lifts and how what's involved with exercising. I wish she lifted though, she's pretty thin.
>>
>>36547625
Home gym master race
>>
>>36547077
>he's that weird guy who gives everyone angry looks and never talks
>not shooting the shit with your bros between sets
I bet you also bring a notebook with you
>>
>>36546746
Anon, don't give a shit about them. You're not doing anything wrong so don't fret it.
>>
implying i'm not resting a full 5 minutes between my heavy work sets
>>
>resting 8 minutes between sets
>literally standing in a rack for 8 (eight) minutes not doing anything while people are waiting to use the rack

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36546724

>3 minutes rest
>Heavy sets

Pick one. After the fourth set of squats of five reps at 450 lbs, I need AT LEAST ten minutes before I can do the fifth set.
>>
>>36547077
>You exchange blowjobs in the locker room. Then, you go home. I hate couples and groups in the gym.

Look at this faggot who doesn't participate in the group showers and train brojobs. You probably weren't even invited.
>>
>>36548496
One step to a chiseled jawline: 30 sets of throat dickings
>>
I rest until I feel good and ready to lift again. If that takes 10 minutes so be it, I don't have anywhere else to be when I am at the gym. You people overthink this sometimes, I'm not some kind of professional athlete so I don't need to squeeze out an extra 2% of my workout.
>>
I just like to rest until my supermodel girlfriend is finished gagging on my 10' cock which usually takes a while because she's pretty eager to please me
>>
>>36546749
>but 3 mins is excessive
Want to know how I know you don't even lift?
>>
>>36547943
>give the slightest smile
>people start tearing their earbuds out expecting to talk
>stare at me expecting me to say somthing
>"Oh.. sorry, haha!"

That's why I don't smile.
>>
>>36546724
I do 5 minutes for heavy compounds, 3 for lighter upper body work and 1 for high rep isolation work
>>
There was a study showing three minutes produced greater hypertrophy in young males than lower rest times that was linked on Strengtheory just in passing, I can't find it just now.

So if you have the time it's probably beneficial, but I wouldn't worry too much.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.