[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be 27/03/15 >take full body pictures >anote the distance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: aIKjkqy.jpg (109 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
aIKjkqy.jpg
109 KB, 1000x1000
>be 27/03/15
>take full body pictures
>anote the distance and lighting to reproduce the same conditions next time
>wait more than one year
>take pics today
>literally nothing has changed
>>
but are you stronger
>>
>>36546601
Post em
>>
>>36546614
well I can do L-pull ups now and one arm planks
>>
>>36546632
do you just do bodyweight exercises? no wonder you haven't changed, you're supposed to actually train in that year you know
>>
File: 7890.jpg (17 KB, 315x330) Image search: [Google]
7890.jpg
17 KB, 315x330
Sorry for incredible bad quality.

Did only bodyweight and my shoulders are narrow.
>>
>>36546601
Let me guess: you either took your doctors' advice, or your parents' advice on fitness? And you're surprised and disappointed that you turned out average? LOL read the sticky, kiddo, and get serious if you want to be more than average.
>>
>>36546720
>did only body weight exercises
Gee, I wonder what the problem is
>>
go to a gym and lift you fucking idiot
>>
>>36546720
>Did only bodyweight
There's your problem.
>>
>>36546720
>did only bodyweight
Lift, you idiot.
>>
>>36546601
post bodyweight routine
>>
Oh shit I thought bodyweight was challenging enough, the progression gets more difficult every time. I still can't do planches or even pseudo planche push ups.
>>
>>36546788
Foundation. Currently at L-pulls, planche leans and hanging leg lift.
>>
>>36546753
Plus he took extremely shitty photos both times. Who is this guy?
>>
>>36546720
Let's see the routine
>>
FHfFHxf

F foundation one
H handstand one
f fasting day

I compensate on eating days.
>>
>>36546720
What did you ACTUALLY do? As in, rep range, intensity, sets, frequency etc. What about your diet? Did you eat at a surplus?
>>
>>36546922
>fasting days
you fucking mongloid read the sticky before making retarded threads

you wasted a whole year
>>
>>36546938
I eat at surplus 5 times a week and follow the progression from Foundation so now for example:

>4x36 handstand
>4x3 L-pulls
>5x18 one arm plank
>4x4 tucked front lever
>5x5 hanging tuck leg lift
>5x3 pseudo planche push up
>3x4 neck
>>
>>36546960
You can find studies saying that your body uses protein only after 50+ hours, so I don`t see a problem as long as I compensate the other days.
>>
>>36546977
this program is utter shit. The reddit routine is far better
give this a read: https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/comments/2o4xcw/reasons_for_slow_progress_on_foundation_series/
>>
>>36546977
You did no hypertrophy work. All you did was work for strenght, and stronger you got. Forget about rep range, and start focusing on intensity of exercise. Pick one pulling exercise, and one pushing exercise. Let's say I picked pull-ups for my pulling exercise. I would do one or two reps for warm-up, drink some water, and then begin my workout. I'd do my reps slowly, feeling my muscles contract, hold at the contracted (top) position for a second or two, and then slowly do the negative portion of the exercise for a couple of seconds (or more, for example, if load is too light). Once I'd hit failure (positive failure), based on the way I'm feeling, I'd assist myself to the top position (using a chair, or jumping, or whatever) and then only do negatives (at this point positives are absolutely impossible, I'm already exhausteded) until failure. Negatives failure is sometimes called "beyond failure". At this point of intensity, your muscles should feel pumped, should be hurting, and you should barely be able to lift your arms (not in the case of the pull-up, but you get the idea). If you feel like you could do more, rest for 30 secs at most (or whatever you feel is right once you get experience) and do another negatives to failure, but this step is unnecessary (depends on how you feel, learn to rate your own exhaustion). Wait a few days for your DOMS to go away, then repeat.
The EXERCISE you choose is much less important than how you do it. If you are not getting anywhere near failure, you are not actually working your muscles.
So:
1. Forget about rep range (unless you know what you are doing);
2. That means YOU DON'T COUNT REPS (unless you know what you are doing);
3. Go beyond failure (unless you know what you are doing);
4. Rest for a few days until your DOMS have subsided and repeat (unless you know what you are doing).

Many people are going to disagree with this process (volume guys, for example), but I swear by it. Try it for a couple of months. Gud luck
>>
>>36547192
For example, like this guy demonstrates:
https://youtu.be/-mLtiTp5WNY?list=PLJk_8-mX23eDzyO-LTBz1a7qoAb6Tu5yc&t=1225
>>
File: s-l300[1].jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
s-l300[1].jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Thanks guys.

I was always trying to improve my workout. Remember reading somwhere that you should choose a program and follow it then I just wasted 16 months of my life.
>>
>>36547406
Don't be sad anon
If you did what you say you did you should still be stronger
>>
>>36546720
>Did only bodyweight

Great job on wasting a year of your life.
>>
Why did you took the distance and lighting to take the picture if you are going to fuck it up just like your body
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.