[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Too many feel threads. Lets get back to fitness. /fit/ is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: fWpLOSG.jpg (66 KB, 485x541) Image search: [Google]
fWpLOSG.jpg
66 KB, 485x541
Too many feel threads. Lets get back to fitness.

/fit/ is it possible to maintain 8%-10% body fat consistently? Like the dude in the picture.

I'm 165lbs around 15% body fat. I can maintain 15% easily but I've never tried cutting and maintain below that.

Any health problems associated with that level of body fat? I'd like to maintain 8% body fat for 8 months, then bulk for 4 during the winter.
>>
>>36544136

maintaining low bodyfat is purely a nutritional issue

if you eat at maintenance, it wont move.
>>
>>36544136
Former competitive rower here.

I used to have a 6-7% BF around the season. Just a matter of consistent diet.

It's doable, but the only problem can be that you're prone to catching colds, injuries, etc. Turns out your body needs a little fat and draining it for to long makes it a little weak.

I prefer to keep my body fat around 10-12 these days, anything less and start to feel bad.

Worst thing happening is when you burn muscle and everything starts to smell like ammonia..... Fuck I hated that shit
>>
>>36544136
It is possible, but I'd venture to say its not very healthy. And good luck gaining muscle doing it if you are natty.
Even with the 4 month bulk cycle if you are not natty you will not gain much muscle or strength in that amount of time
>>
>>36544150
I do that at 15%. Give or take a 100 calories over or under.

I'll give that a try. I'll cut to 8-10% and then eat maintenance.

It's probably bro science but I've heard that at the level of body fat your body loses strength and endurance. Not sure of the veracity of this. I know near 5% your muscle begins to deteriorate.
>>
>>36544184
What the fuck? How does "burning" muscle make things smell like ammonia anon?
>>
>>36544184
>Worst thing happening is when you burn muscle and everything starts to smell like ammonia..... Fuck I hated that shit
wtf. Can you expand on this?

>>36544185
I'm happy with my strength and muscle mass. I'm a bit narcissistic and love the cut look. As long as I can maintain, I'm happy. Only worry is losing muscle mass.
>>
>>36544136
Also: if you need to cut a little, go back to 3 meals a day, same amount of calories as you eat now (I assume you eat about 5-6 meals a day) and stay clear from anything except water, tea or coffee in between your meals. This way most people can drop at least 2-3% of BF

I'm >>36544184 by the way
>>
>>36544237
Then you probably won't have a problem then.
Just don't expect much in the gains department
>>
>>36544207
>>36544237

Apparently it happens when your body runs out of fat or food in your belly to burn. This never happened during lifting, but a lot during cardio sessions which lasted up to two hours. Basically your body cannibalizes it's own muscles, and in this chemical process ammonia is produced. Not a chemist, so hard to explain, but I hope you catch my drift.
>>
>>36544241
Thanks senpai. I'm at four meals a day, with a consistent snack which is like a fifth meal. Just nuts I munch on throughout the day.

I'll try cutting the snack and moving too three meals. Question, will four meals and a consistent snack be alright for maintaining 8-10% BF? Or will I have to start doing a strict 5-6 meals a day.
>>
>>36544271
Damn, that's fucked. I would probably think I'm having a stroke and check in to the ER. Smells not present are an indicator for a stroke.

What's the point of continuing to do cardio or any exercise when you start to consume your own muscle?
>>
>>36544316
There isn't any, but I needed to be as light and low on body fat as possible to make the weigh ins. So I was always balancing on the point of extremely lean and unhealthy.

>>36544291
I think you misunderstood me: no more than 3 meals a day. 5-6 is good for bulking, 2-3 is enough for maintenance at a low body fat percentage
>>
File: IMG_2438.jpg (151 KB, 876x932) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2438.jpg
151 KB, 876x932
>>36544410
>I think you misunderstood me: no more than 3 meals a day. 5-6 is good for bulking, 2-3 is enough for maintenance at a low body fat percentage
Thanks for clearing that up, dude! An ass for the help.
>>
File: IMG_2873.jpg (100 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2873.jpg
100 KB, 960x1280
>>36544451
An the body to go along with it.
>>
>>36544451
Much appreciated buddy! How did you know I'm an ass man?

Also, just keep track of your food, your weight and body fat in a spreadsheet, everyone's body is a little different, you'll need to do some fine tuning to find out what's best for you.
>>
>>36544477
Definitely. Appreciate the detail!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.