[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Soylent. I ordered 24 bottles and it tastes okay.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (362 KB, 2448x1707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
362 KB, 2448x1707
Redpill me on Soylent. I ordered 24 bottles and it tastes okay. pretty bland but I guess that's kind of the point. Is this a viable alternative to having to eat actual food or not? What kind of health problems should I be wary of this stuff causing? I've never been much of a "foodie" and the idea not having to cook is really appealing to me.
>>
>soy
>>
>>36542323
IT'S PEOPLE
>>
>ordered 24 bottles
>now wants info
Fuck you OP, and retards like you
A fool and his money etc etc.
>>
>>36542403
I did a bit of research. I honestly was just curious to see how it tastes and it wasn't that expensive. Would really like to incorporate this into my diet. Just wanted to see what the /fit/ consensus was.
>>
>>36542323

You'll want to take an additional psyllium husk fiber powder supplement. The maltodextrin "fiber" in Soylent won't cut it.

Also it won't contain enough protein for any sort of bulking/maintenance. The point is, as you say, an "alternative to food", but it's intended for people who don't work out at all.
>>
Drink Queal (Eurofag) for two months (obviously not at every lunch), and no problem with it.
>>
micros are mediocre, take a multi to at least help
macros are good for normies but not weight lifters

much cheaper to make your own and there are recipes for bulking/cutting

you really need solid food, though. They're decent for meal replacement shakes or a quick breakfast every day but you shouldn't persist on soylent alone
>>
I read up on it a while ago and even used it as my sole food source for a month. Posting on mobile so please excuse my typos.

One of the issues you could face is weakened jaw muscles, since you won't have to chew food.

Another potential issue (more research needs to be done here) is weakened digestive muscle, since you are only consuming a liquid and they don't have to work as hard to digest your food. Some people say that this isn't an issue, because you are getting enough fiber. Again, more research needs to be done. If your digestive muscles do weaken when using Soylent, converting back to normal food should be done at a comfortable pace.

Nutrient wise, it looks pretty solid. There are some arguments that the nutrients could be higher quality, but honestly you should be fine. Protein could probably be increased a bit more though (I recommend putting some peanut butter in your Soylent, it adds protein and makes it taste pretty good).
>>
>>36542416
No you didn't you stupid piece of shit. Soy contains high levels of estrogen analogs, eating high amounts of soy products will fuck your hormones up and could give you gyno. Estrogen the last thing you want if you're trying to increase your testo levels and build muscle. Either pour it all out or go trap. A fool and his money indeed.
>>
>>36542403
Well he did use the term redpill so that pretty much outs him as an enormous sped anyway
>>
>>36542582
Omg do some actual research and discover that soy doesn't raise estrogen levels at all. Some broscience anecdotal crap doesn't count.
>>
File: IMG_20160312_154331.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160312_154331.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2048
>>36542323
Been drinking this stuff + whey because I can't be assed to cook on weekends and week days are wake up at 5 am, gym, work, come home at 10 pm and sleep. I don't drink it 100% because I get free dinners all the time on weekdays but I drink around 3-4 bottles a day and fill out the rest of my calories with solid food. For example, a weekday for me would look like 3 bottles of soylent + whatever dinner item I can find from delivery menu with the highest protein content. Weekends for me are 100% Soylent unless I'm going out with people which is like once a month.

Had some diarrhea at first back when I first tried it but now I'm fine, bench has gone from 240 lbs x3 to 285 x1 since then as well and I weigh 162 lbs. You will get crazy solid food cravings sometimes though and there's a lot of unknowns about this product, but not having to put in the effort and time to cook a week's worth of food every weekend is fantastic and I can't imagine going back.
>>
Read the nutrition label. It's literally the cheapest shit you could buy to make a meal replacement.

You could make your own and have it be actually healthy for 1/8 of the total cost.

People that have done reviews on them have said they get a lot of headaches, feel like shit, and diarrhea. This is because it's low quality ingredients, so you don't get quality or enough quantity of micro nutrients and fiber.

Soylent runs a really retarded viral campaign on the internet.
>>
>>36543118
>a weekday for me would look like 3 bottles of soylent + whatever dinner
>, bench has gone from 240 lbs x3 to 285 x1
benching this much on some 2000 kcal?
>>
>>36542510
>your digestive muscles
>>
>>36543305
Usually would try to aim for slightly over 2k, don't need a ton because I'm manlet. Also that jump was made over the course of several months. Programming was 5x5, 3x8 and 6x3 in a sort-of DUP style.

>>36543238
This guy is right in that it's much cheaper to make yourself, Soylent hits me like $300 a month and most of the shipping fees are due to water weight.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.