[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much should I deadlift before considering mixed grip?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1
File: 120kg.webm (1 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
120kg.webm
1 MB, 640x640
How much should I deadlift before considering mixed grip?
>>
When you can't pick it up with double overhand.
>>
>>36541616
440. absolute minimum
>>
>>36541616
Is that sparrow? What's her Instagram?
>>
>>36541628
this senpai

don't listen to the faggots that insist otherwise just do mixed grip on your working sets and use double OH on warm-up
>>
Hook grip
>>
>>36541616
If you're thinking of using mixed grip and aren't a lolpower-lifter, just stop. Why introduce a bizarre unnatural asymmetry into what's already the most stressful muscular exercise out there. Just stick with overhand and stay at <500lbs.
>>
My brother does over 600 and still uses overhand
>>
When trying a new max. Always train with double overhand.
>>
>>36541807
Vid please of this beast of a brother.
>>
>>36541616
If you don't care about holds, use straps for reps. You can hold on to anything you can actually pull with double overhand and chalk, so don't bother with mixed grip.
>>
>>36541616
NYR fag here. My grip is beginning to fail on 240x5. Drop weight by 10% and work my way back up?
>>
>>36541616
Shouldn't she be keeping her neck aligned neutrally with her spine? i.e. not looking up?
>>
>>36543416
Farmers carries and chalk
>>
Don't. Switch to hook grip to prevent injury and imbalance
>>
>>36541807
Hahaha sure he does you fucking idiot
>>
>>36543589
>"I'm weak so everyone else is too!!"
>>
>>36543474
Yes.
>>
>>36541616
Literally any time, just be sure to keep your arms straight, and add any sort of double overhand pulling into your routine and you will be fine
>>
>>36541616
You tried hook grip?
I'm at 470lb for 3 and don't need mixed grip.
Was worth it to back off the weight for a bit and train myself to get through the pain.
>>
>>36544047
>grip fails at ~300 pounds
>don't want muscular imbalances, decide to try hook grip
>don't deload at all because I'm an idiot
>go for new PR set of 5
>thumb-nail splits in half on the first pull
>complete the last 4
>no grip problems at all
>hand was bloody though
9/10, worked pretty well for me
>>
i started doing mixed grip at 325 4x10, it works out well enough you just switch which way it is mixed ever set. So left under right over, next set switch.
>>
I thought mixed grip was to stop the bar rolling, not because your grip fails. The first time I deadlifted 80kg I had to go mixed grip. Though desu that's probably because I was using a shit barbell.
>>
>>36543416
Chalk, maybe heavier singles after 1x5 to work on it.
>>
>>36544178
How would the bar roll if your grip is tight? PRO TIP: THE BAR ROLLED BECAUSE YOUR GRIP SUCKED.
>>
>>36541628

thanks rippletits
>>
I've recently begun to do all my sets double overhand and then switch to straps when I tire them out, then do a demanding static hold for 10-15 seconds after my last set. My double overhand grip has improved tremendously and I'd be surprised if it didn't have carryover to the mixed grip, but I'll see when I try mixed again.
>>
opinions on grip style for pulling sumo?
>am power lifter using mixed grip atm
>>
>>36541616
i have to use straps because i broke my hand really badly and it literally feels like the bones are pulling apart if i deadlift

I would say, use straps. I think straps or devices will become more in vogue for deadlift in the future. With taking some of the immense pressure off the hands/wrists you can concentrate on what the goal of the exercise is.

mixed grip leads to biceps tears. just not worth it.
>>
>>36541616
is she late in incorporating the back? seems like on the first half of the lift her legs work more and her back stalls. does that matter?
>>
>>36544315
Pro-tip: Get out of your room and into a gym and ACTUALLY LIFT.
>>
>>36544096
how the fuck do you split your thumbnail holding a bar
>>
>>36544395
second month in. Home gym because I work all day and really need the time saved. Trying to figure out how to deadlift without breaking my spine. trying to learn from instructional videos and forums.
thank you so much for your help.
>>
>>36541616
Never.
If you aren't competing don't train with half measures to 'maximise lifts'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ZZSpSSm68
>>
>>36543416
start adding forearm/grip shit to the end of your deadlift days
>>
>>36541616
I can deadlift 3pl8s with double overhand, but my coach always gets mad if I don't do mixed grip, so...
If you want to have a better grip consider holding the top of the DL at the last rep of every set you do, also hammer curls and pull-ups.
>>
>>36544606
Keep in mind that he is using a hook grip. You should learn how to perform one before thinking you can just double overhand your way to 700+ deadlifts.
>>
>>36544606
Harry Potter uses hook grip you retard.
>>
>>36544606
he used to do mixed grip
>>
>>36544654
kek
>>
>>36544651
>>36544654
Never implied that he was doing double overhand. I was discouraging the use of mixed grip.

Perhaps you guys would benefit from a little rope on neck therapy.
>>
>>36544678
Only when he was 1rm diddying like 200kg
>>
i do mix grip with 260 lmao

try and stop me
>>
>>36544862
Nobody cares, it's gunna be your bicep that you rip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw
>>
If you care about deadlifts you should use mixed, or hook-grip, on all work-sets imo. If you want to get good at double-overhand deadlifts specifically you should use DOH as much as you can.

>>36543474
That's a personal preference.

>>36544312
>mixed grip leads to biceps tears. just not worth it.
lol
>>
>>36543572
>I like to smash my thumbs
>>
>>36545081
I smashed my thumb up your mom's butthole last night
>>
>>36545081
pussy
>>
I started when I got to three plate for five reps.
Now I'm at four plate for five and I used mixed on my work set and overhand on by two warm up sets of two plate and three plate.
>>
>>36544761
>Perhaps you guys would benefit from a little rope on neck therapy

WOW SUCH A HEALTHY RESPONSE TO CRITICISM
>>
>>36544427
Do you know what hook grip is
>>
>>36541656
Use sane measurements next time, fool.
>>
>>36547203
I have had about the same experience. I switched from double over hand to mixed at 365.
>>
>>36547354
It's a pretty standard response to being called a retard, you gotta admit.
not same anon
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.