[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw receding hairline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 18
File: JUST.jpg (32 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
32 KB, 472x472
>tfw receding hairline
>>
inb4 a bunch of non-balding fucks, entirely unable to empathize, start saying "who cares" or "stop being in an insecure bitch"
>>
>>36541187

Finasteride, now fuck off
>>
im 28. gained a mature hair line at about 22-23. It's stopped receding now.

Shit took me by surprise.
>>
>>36541204

I'm 28 too. Up until age 24-25 I had a thick mop of hair that could grow well over 6 inches. Now my hair on top won't grow past 4 inches long, and I'm starting to see small thin hairs around the hairline.

Gonna start fin, but a bit scared of sides, not gonna lie. How long should I take it before knowing i should stop (provided I feel testicular pain, lowered libido, etc)? Of course I'll also ask my doctor, but want to know about people's experiences with the meds.
>>
>>36541231
>I'm 28
>Gonna start fin

I h8 to tell you m8 but finasteride is only effective before hair loss sets in. It prevents DHT from killing follicles but won't regrow what's already dead. As far as sides go only like 1 in a million experience them, stop being such a pussy.
>>
>>36541259
Well, I still have no bald spots and very little recession (only a couple of millimeters). My hair is just not as big as it used to be. So I think I've still got a chance to save what I have.
>>
>tfw not sure if balding on crown or just because hair is weird due to my swirl
>>
>>36541202
This.

Been taking for a couple months now. No sides except for a little testicular pain at first but that went away in a week.
>>
File: jason-statham-7a.jpg (74 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
jason-statham-7a.jpg
74 KB, 1024x768
>>36541187
Who cares? Just buzz it and stop being an insecure bitch.
>>
I don't know this feel, and even if I did, I'd just shave that shit off and rock that chrome dome
>>
>>36541372
>shit jaw/ babyface
>can't grow a beard
shaving it really isnt an option
>>
>>36541372

>Comparing a well known world-wide famous actor with fame and money balding to a random nobody balding

Are you a fucking woman? You sure have the logic of a woman.
>>
>>36541399
what the fuck does money have to do with it? you really think you can't get women without hair unless you're rich? fucking retard
>>
>>36541187
Buzz it but maintain the buzz every 3-4 days. That looks good. Letting it grow out for a week or two before buzzing looks "i-have-given-up" tier.
>>
File: Jude_Law_at_TIFF2.jpg (107 KB, 423x500) Image search: [Google]
Jude_Law_at_TIFF2.jpg
107 KB, 423x500
>>36541187

I'm feeling the same way, my hair slowly keeps receding, and I love having slightly longer hair.

But i'm slowly coming to terms with shaving my head. However i'm not gonna shave it down to the scalp, instead i'm gonna leave about an inch on top.

I like how Jude Law does it, his hair has severely receded in recent years, but uses a little bit of gel in the front patch area to give it some life. I'm thinking about doing that.

You guys should too. Don't assume you have to become a skinhead just because you're receding. Take what you have and make something beautiful out of it!
>>
>>36541613

F I N A S T E R I D E
>>
Mine is definitely thinning and receding in places.

I just plan on getting a shitload of money and then having some hair replacement surgery done later on.
>>
>>36541702
E R E C T I L E D Y S F U N C T I O N
>>
>>36541201
Seriously I can grow a full thick head of hair, quit crying. Just go bald and grow a beard
>>
i've been aware of hairloss since august 2010

it changed my life for the worse

i've been using medication to fight it, but it's a losing battle

it's abolutely horrifying and all hope is lost, no cure coming the next 5000 years imho
>>
>TFW widows peak
>>
I shaved everything off and have a beard so i'm fine with no hair
>>
>>36542293
I can't believe I've been hearing about finasteride since the early 2000s, when I was a teen, and we still don't have anything better than it.

I used to keep in shape and looked great 3 years ago. Due to injury now I'm just between strong fat and chubby fat and because of shit genetics I have a receding hairline... it's not very noticeable yet, and I'll just shave it when it becomes so. I know it's not the end of the world, but it serves as a constant reminder of how I'm getting old and missed out on so many opportunities... all I did up until age 27 was study, work, and lift. Never went out, never danced, hardly met any girls, never bought the nice clothes I wanted, never styled my hair the way I wanted...

Now at 29 I'm doing all those things, and despite having a decent skin (people always say I look like I'm 24), at some not too distant point, the receding hairline will be noticeable to everyone and I'll just be the obviously old guy who looks weird doing those things.

>tfw won't be a handsome 40-something year old all-ages panty-wetter even if I get back in great shape
>>
Unless woman somehow start suffering from male pattern baldness somehow, it will never be cured. No one gives a fuck about men and their problems
>>
>>36541204
Hey can you elaborate please?
Were you father and grandfather bald?
Currently I'm at 24 and I have what is called a mature hair line but I fear that it won't stop. My father is full bald at 50 btw but men in mother's side have mature hairline
>>
>>36542465
That's kind of true. If it's a man, the reaction is:

"Man up"

"Quit being a bitch"

While I agree it shouldn't be something that holds you back, people shouldn't have to suffer in silence because of some weird unnecessary adaptation.

Yes, I know a lot of people don't care and do more than perfectly fine without their hair... but I can GUARANTEE if any of them found a magic lamp and a genie came out and told them they could have their hair back, ANYBODY would just say hell yes.

If it's a problem for women, people are a bit more understanding.

I hope they come up with a cure, or at least a temporary treatment that's better than finasteride. By the time it comes out, I hope to have made enough money to get a transplant and keep the results with whatever treatment works better than fin.
>>
>>36542444
hair is everything for a mans appearance

i know a lot of people are in denial about this

but it's still true
>>
File: typical.png (315 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
typical.png
315 KB, 640x480
>>36542444
This is what the typical woman wants.
If you have no hair, you have nothing
>>
>>36542465
They suffer from androgenic alopecia too.
>>
>>36542658
lol she is balding herself
>>
>>36542684
it's extremely rare, nigh nonexistent, though. By contrast, something like 85% of males will suffer from it at some point in their life by age 65.
>>
My barber found a grey hair in my beard the other day

I'm not handling it as well as I thought I would
>>
>>36541187
not fit
>>
>>36542704

All of my friends are younger than me and most of them have some stray greys. I don't have any, but would trade grey hair for balding any day, man.
>>
>tfw your forehead is too big to buzz your hair
>>
>>36541335
are you me
>>
>>36542658
who wants to fuck that Beheamoth anyway?
>>
>>36542658
>fat
>almost no job
>shit with money
>super picky
Well good luck with that.
>>
>>36542704

If your hair genetics are good then gray hairs will compliment them
>>
>>36542737
the fact she believes to be entitled to have those standards means she's had experience with men who actually played along and fed her ego.
Men and their desperation have ruined society
>>
>>36541201
>empathize
You are everything that's wrong with masculinity today. Man the fuck up and shave it off, I did at 30. Grow a pair of fucking balls.
>>
My hair has been falling dramatically since last year when I started swimming. Do you think the chlorine and and the shit they put in the water accelerates the process? I kinda like swimming.
>>
>>36542751
I have alright hair genetics. Thick, wavy (curly if I grow it out). High hairline that can look balding, but it's not (think young Jack Nicholson hairline)

I knew men in my family grey early. I just didn't realize how early. I'm 27
>>
>>36542792
well i'm 20 and my hair is thinning
what's your advice? should i just grow a pair of balls and fuck your sister?
>>
>>36542846
I think my sister has higher test than you, so my my advice to you is to put on a skirt and become a bottom bitch. it's your only chance desu senpai.
>>
>>36542816

Yeah chlorine isn't good for your hair. Those tight swimming caps are also terrible and will make you go bald (assuming you use them)
either way it's a combination straight to baldness
>>
F I N A S T E R I D E
>>
>>36542658
The typical woman doesn't know what she wants. Being bald is only bad if it affects your confidence.
>>
>>36543206
lol ok baldlet, stay mad cause you can never have her :^)
>>
>>36543206
>women don't know what they want
>of course they would like my shiny head and side-patches of hair
Mental gymnastics, the last resort of baldies
>>
>>36543272
>>36543363
Haha holy shit guys. You swing by just to project a little of your insecurity on everyone? Thanks for playing.
>>
I don't give a shit about losing my hair because I get a total of 0 women anyways
>>
>>36543433
At least you got dubs.
>>
>>36543433
+1
>>
>>36542531
Getting a hair transplant might be the dumbest idea ever. If you're starting to lose hair it'll basically continue forever, right? Now imagine a healthy patch of hair where your hairline originally receded and the rest of your hair slowly disappearing.
>>
i'm a registered nurse who work for a company that does manual hair transplants with no noticable scar. results are amazing. if you feel that $3000 is worth fixing your receding hairline, you should definitely look into it. recovery time is very quick compared to other types of hair transplants. the price depends on how many hair grafts you want to get
>>
>>36543650
not necessarily. you should consult with a plastic surgeon before making any conclusions as to whether a hair transplant is worth it or not. usually people who are suitable for hair transplants don't lose their hair afterwards
>>
>>36543684
Show examples. Most hair transplants look awful
>>
>>36543711
Huh, didn't know that. It feels like every balding guy you see end up bald eventually anyway, possibly keeping just the hair on their temples
>>
>>36543650
>If you're starting to lose hair it'll basically continue forever

no. most people lose hair on the top, the back stays the thickest, then the sides. not all people who lose hair go bald. look at all the old people on the streets. how many do you see are actually completely bald?
>>
File: before-and-after.jpg (31 KB, 694x239) Image search: [Google]
before-and-after.jpg
31 KB, 694x239
>>36543716
google neograft before and after
>>
>>36543727
Good point. But is it really possible to transplant hair to the entire top of your head? That's gotta cost a fortune
>>
>>36543755
it shouldn't cost you more than $4000. its roughly the same price as a face lift
>>
>>36542658
>If you are experiencing male pattern baldneSs: DON'T BOTHER CONTACTING ME

She's literally balding...
>>
>>36544546
AND shes out of your league, baldlet :^)
>>
>>36542792
You're just mad cause it turns out you're one predictable cunt, m8

You're so predictable no woman will stay with you for very long because you'll bore them within months. They'll just go out and cheat on you with someone more unpredictable.
>>
File: 1457302995574.png (626 KB, 645x909) Image search: [Google]
1457302995574.png
626 KB, 645x909
NO SURGERY NO TREATMENT NO AMOUNT OF MONEY WILL GET UR HAIR BACK WORD OF ADVICE
>>
File: 1456703365325.jpg (75 KB, 1171x829) Image search: [Google]
1456703365325.jpg
75 KB, 1171x829
>>36541187
>always had a big forehead
>not sure if even balding
>>
Had ED from Finasteride so i stoped taking it...sucks to be almost bald at 26.
I shave my head and people still look weird at me and tell me that i look either like a neo nazi or a cancer patient..
>>
Seruously who cares? just get a number 1 all over simple.
>>
>>36541613
this is good advice, women and non-balding people are just like 'if you're balding stop trying to hide it and just shave it' but you can still look fine if you just keep it short and neat.
>>
it looks more manly having a buzzcut instead of some men with hair that use products to style it. Going bald is a sign of high test aswell.
>>
>>36541259

It's about 0.3% of users that end up with permanent sides, including impotence and sterility. But hey, YOLO
>>
>tfw hair is graying pretty fast

Im only 23 wth...
>>
Yo senpai, what do you guys think about Creatine raising DHT and speeding up MPB? I just recently found out... getting some regenepure and STILL TAKING IT BECAUSE FUCK IT
>>
>>36543650

Then you just top up, desu. It's a work in progress, not a one time panacea.
>>
>>36541202
>wasting money on finasteride just to mantain it.
>not saving that money for a transplant and fixing it completely.
>>
I'm 21 and my hairline has started receding. I tell myself it's just going to be a mature hairline but my dad was properly bald by mid 20s.

The sides of finasteride really put me off, even if it's only a 0.3% chance irreversible damage to libido or potency doesn't seem worth it.

Surprised nobody in this thread have mentioned modafinil or dutasteride, both of which I've seen mentioned everywhere. Apparently modafinil takes 3-6 months to start working, and during those 3-6 months you'll lose hair because it speeds up the cycle, but afterwards it can hold off hairloss. Anyone got any experience?
>>
>>36541187
Buzz it and then Bradley Martyn it and always wear baseball caps and hats.
>>
>>36541335
This This. No sides whatsoever. Been taking it for 2 years. Stopped recession and now growing back in the temples.
>>
>>36546455
I'm prone to MPB although I've had the same hairline for 8 years. Been taking creatine for 2 of them, hasn't made a difference.
>>
>>36542829
I'm greying at 21 and i don't really care, you're just a fag
>>
>>36541613
Jude Law looks like shit with that hair. He knows it. You know it.
>>
>>36542829
I've been going grey since 19. Who cares.
>>
>hairline started receding in early 20's
>okay with a little recession
>crown thinning shortly after - still have thin hairs there so not completely bald
>fuck.jpg
>I dont wan't a bald spot
>started taking generic finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral shampoo
>fast forward 6 months
>bald spot filling in with thicker hairs
>people making comments about how it looks thicker
>feelsgoodman.png

They say the full results take up to 2 years to show. Pretty stoked that I'm getting these sort of results early on. Can't wait to see what I look like in a year. The hairs gainz and real, brehs. I'd be screwed bald. I look like a faggot without hair. Tried shaving it, look horrible.

Tldr, get on fin, minox, and nizoral

>
>>
>>36546735
Do you not feel any different at all? I've read heaps of shit where people say they feel heaps beta while taking it.
>>
I can't grow a beard but I have full luscious thick flowing hair that grows so fast I have to get a haircut every 2 weeks.

Maybe you guys should just tell your genes to fit gud lol

>>36541201
FEEL MY PAIN, YOU BALD KEK
>>
thinking of buying proscar of off deepweb, has anyone done that? i think it would cost something like 20 bucks for a years supply
>>
>>36546394
>It's about 0.3% of users that end up with permanent sides

You got a source on that?
>>
>bald and cant grow a beard
>always have the same look

JDIMSA
>>
>>36547945

Bought 1mg Generic Fin off Alldaychemist and it's legit. Like $100 for a years supply. Totally worth it.
>>
File: tipped.gif (324 KB, 401x353) Image search: [Google]
tipped.gif
324 KB, 401x353
There are "men" on /fit/ who get off on scaring other into not taking Finasteride due to extremely rare non-permanent sides.
>>
>>36548022
they don't deliver to Sweden but thanks anyway.
>>
File: 1458782347464.jpg (107 KB, 1260x1012) Image search: [Google]
1458782347464.jpg
107 KB, 1260x1012
How is your sexual life?
>>
>>36550105
on finasteride*
>>
>>36541201

lol faggot detected

clearly you dont actually go out and socialize with people
>>
>>36544828
Wrong
>>
>tfw significant amount of grey hair at age 20

Do women love guys who are muscular and have grey hair?
>>
>>36550176
>>36550105

Unchanged
>>
>>36542330
iktf

at least we keep our crowns breh. My hair is thick as shit in the back.
>>
>>36542658
>I like men. Not boys
>If you weigh more than 200 pounds don't contact me
laughingrippetoe.dwg
>>
>>36548099
inhousepharmacy.biz ? There's bound to be at least one Pajheet website that ships to Sweden
>>
>>36552838
>inhousepharmacy.biz
https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/
>>
Anyone tried the prostaglandin protocol?
>>
>>36552922
It's been proven to work but it's only slightly more effective than minoxidil but at a bigger price, on the bright side prostaglandins can regrow hair on scalp that's completely bald which is something other products can't usually do
>>
>>36552950
I'm a bit skeptical about the "wounding" part honestly, my hair is fine(for now), but my temples are thinning a bit, and I don't really want scalp myself. I need more proof it works.
>>
to be honest the only thing you can really do is knuckle down and work on yourself and accept that you're not ever going to look like *insert well coiffured cool/famous person*, didn't really want to mess with my health with pills and all that crap, though I can understand why people do, it's a really rough ride losing it young but I just figured my health was more important to me.

not really wanting to let my thoughts on how i ought to look be defined by calvin klein ads desu

There is more to a person than how they look, of course i am not dismissing how much value people place on hair especially some women, but I certainly felt that I am more than what i look like, the sun is more than just a ball of hydrogen, I am more than a slab of organ and meat. Just work on maintaining your self respect and stay golden my nugs
>>
>>36543751
That guy looks like he has wet pubes glued to his head though.
>>
Started balding at 16, got noticeable at 18. Started taking fin until 19, got some results, started ketoconazole shampoo, then at 20 i started minoxdil. Was horrified because it pretty much caused baldspots where i applied it, pushed my hairline back half an inch or more. But read that you should just power through it since it causes shedding first, so i did. Now 1 year later the hair i lost has grown back and its much fuller than it used to.
My balding has stopped now and my hairline haven't moved for more than a year. Just wish i started with all of it earlier when i was 16, since some damage has still been done.
No side effects except my testicles became really sensetive for the first 6 months of fin, gone now though, still making gains and my penis haven't had any problems.
>>
File: 1419442102921.png (41 KB, 584x700) Image search: [Google]
1419442102921.png
41 KB, 584x700
>Tfw 20 years old hair lose started 2 years ago><
Never gonna get that qt weeb girl i like
Just kill me senpai
>>
File: hqdefault (10).jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (10).jpg
22 KB, 480x360
Just get a wig.
>>
>>36554662
It may be a sign to stop using fin if you had testicular discomfort...
>>
>>36542658
>Men
>Under 200 pounds
This bitch must love manlets.
>>
I'm 19, still thick hair now. My dad went bald by 30, my maternal grandfather didn't start balding until he was 70. Can you guys give me a prediction as to when my time will come?
>>
>>36550230
That dude looked so much better and manlier with a bald head.
>>
File: the_office_2.jpg (33 KB, 620x423) Image search: [Google]
the_office_2.jpg
33 KB, 620x423
>Start balding at 16
>Buzzing since 17
>Actually look better
I'm one of the rare cases where being bald actually fits me much better than any hairstyle, feels amazing mangs.
>>
>>36542540
>hair is everything for a mans appearance
Kek no, its Face > Body > Hair and Face and body are pretty much equal, hair only matters if you are balding and don't just shave it off. Makes you look really insecure and like you can't just accept reality.
>>
File: the-burr-cut-boys-haircuts.jpg (28 KB, 608x600) Image search: [Google]
the-burr-cut-boys-haircuts.jpg
28 KB, 608x600
>>36541613
>Jude Law
Dude looks like shit. Do it like pic I posted if you wanna have some hair.
>>
>>36554925
Shave it off. Balding is more unattractive than bald.
>>
Can someone explain why is everybody on /fit/ so insecure about their hair and balding. I don't get it.
>>
>>36543751
damn.
I look like the before picture right now just with brown hair.
kill me
>>
>>36557089
For the love of god just shave it off. You look pathetic if that is true.
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.