[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys eat sugar? i know sugar is the new gluten these days,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
Do you guys eat sugar?
i know sugar is the new gluten these days, but seriously fructose substitutes are even worse for your health

Yet, i am doing a pbj sandwich after training and i feel like a million dollars

is it that i am broken or something? because those simple sugars and sugary bread feel glorious FUCK
>>
I'm cutting so I try to restrict it but if I was eating normally or bulking I'd go full IIFYM because imho the effects of insulin spikes are partly negligible broscience
>>
sugar and caffine for preworkout
>>
>>36539944
no,
I stuff myself with pizza, burgers, fries, chipotle, etc and all that food people tell you not to eat to not be fat yet I'm 55kg and I'm a guy, I work at a desk and don't even lift.
and I believe that the only reason I'm not fat is because i do avoid sugar at all costs, not even fruits mane.

Not saying it's bad, but it can be addictive and if you can stay away from it, that'd be great.
>>
>>36539944
>is it that i am broken or something? because those simple sugars and sugary bread feel glorious FUCK
For 10-20 minutes
>>
I'm no nutrition expert but saying fruit is bad sounds like ultimate broscience to me. Also, there are jams with no added sugar and shit.
>>
>>36539944
I eat sugar if it's in fruit or bread or whatever. I don't eat candy or put sugar in my coffee or anything though.
>>
>>36539988
OP here
i avoid fruit and i am pretty lean thanks to that

sugar just after lifting only
other than that it feels exactly as >>36539996 points out

>>36539997
fruits are awesome, but fructose is not that good for muscle recovery
>>
I put 1 table spoon of jelly on my curd
>>
>>36540016

Avoiding fruit doesn't make you lean lol
>>
>>36539997
"no sugar added" means they added no sugar. there is still sugar in it
>>
>>36540289
Yes but it's the sugar from the fruit.
>>
>>36540297
it doesn't motter where it comes from familio sugar will always be sugar
>>
>>36540314
Read my first post.
>>
>>36540016
How are you posting on fit and yet have zero idea what a calorie is? If you eat too many of any calorie type you get fat. That's it.
>>
>>36539944
>Yet, i am doing a pbj sandwich after training and i feel like a million dollars
That's what insulin spikes are like. It's too easy to get addicted to them. Life has been so much better ever since I dropped sugar. Feel less hunger then before too.
>>
>>36539944
>not cutting on as many protons as u can afford

kai greene's contest prep diet consists of 1000g of protein

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15466943

easy fat loss
>>
File: 1458852104404.jpg (1005 KB, 1000x1506) Image search: [Google]
1458852104404.jpg
1005 KB, 1000x1506
>>36539944
I have 200g sugar for breakfast with my oats every day. Been doing this for about a year, 185cm height, weigh 76kg, perfect blood tests. Sugar is good desu.
>>
>>36540739
im a Kai Guy but you cant compare pro bb roidbuffet to a normie dyel diet
>>
>>36540761
high test asians are goat
>>
>>36540739
>consuming 1kg of protein

holy smelly farts, only reason you'd need this much protein is if you were in all of the steroids, both oral and injectable at once, while at the same time weighting at least 400lbs and measuring at least 3 meters
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 688x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 688x345
>>
>>36540331
> how are you posting on /fit/ but don't know shit about health or fitness

boy do I have news for you
>>
>>36540314

Sugar isn't bad just because "it's sugar"

Sugar naturally found in fruit isn't associated with any sort of health problem. Fruits are associated with a myriad of health benefits.
>>
>>36539944
I have a serious and diagnosed case of candida, so I am kinda forced to not eat sugar.

But it feels like an uphill battle, I am not even sure if I can do anything about it. I have been going at it for so long that I dont know if I can conquer it. I wonder if candida could relax, by feeding it a little.

But other than that, I still see no benefit to normal people, in eating sugar. You could literally consume exactly 0 grams of it per day, and suffer zero consequences. So why do you need it?
>>
Sugar is chemically addictive and should be avoided, as it will make cutting that much harder.

Fruit doesn't contain THAT much sugar and is probably okay in moderation (unless you're doing keto of course.) You won't get enough of it to form an addiction like you will with candy/processed foods.
>>
>>36539988
>Doesn't realize that basically all that shit he listed is packed full of sugar
>>
>>36542296

>Fruit doesn't contain THAT much sugar and is probably okay in moderation (unless you're doing keto of course.)

It contains plenty of sugar but the sugar doesn't cause health problems. No need to moderate.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/rethinking-fructose-in-your-diet

>don’t reject a food just because it contains fructose, says Dr. Bruce Bistrian, a professor at Harvard Medical School. “Fructose is naturally found in fruits. Fruits are not harmful and are even beneficial in almost any amount,” he explains.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/

>The WHO guideline does not refer to the sugars in fresh fruits and vegetables, and sugars naturally present in milk, because there is no reported evidence of adverse effects of consuming these sugars.
>>
I don't restrict sugar in my diet at all. Instead I avoid sweet foods because the worst thing about sugar is how addictive that sweet taste is. I eat less than 1 fruit a day (usually under ripened) and sometimes sweet potatoes or sugar snap peas. I don't limit non-sweet sugars like lactose and sugar in things like cabbage
>>
>>36539944
I still have fruits fairly often and sometimes fruit juice or a San Pellegrino if I'm feeling like being a pig, but I make sure that the sugar that I do eat doesn't come out of a wrapper unless I know what's in it.
>>
I dont eat carbs.. so no.
>>
>>36539944

I drink a lot of milk, and I enjoy sugary things for breakfast occasionally (fruit, juices, things with syrup/jam on them), but not too much other than that.
>>
>>36539944
Sugar is basically in everything, so of course. I don't eat refined sugar ("sucrose") at all though.
>>
>>36542164

kek
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.