[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone did this program?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: jksdfkjfdklsdfs.jpg (10 KB, 197x255) Image search: [Google]
jksdfkjfdklsdfs.jpg
10 KB, 197x255
Anyone did this program?
>>
>>36539136
Yep. Works, just do a bit more mobility as prescribed. Had a bit sore ellbows because I was not used to the triceps isolation but still, the program is good hybrid for athletes imo
>>
>>36539136
If Joe DeFranco says it works, then it works.
>>
>>36539136

Yes. Its a good program for its intended purpose. Its terrible for most of /fit/, but that's true of damn near everything.
>>
>>36539195
So what's the intended purpose exactly?
>>
>>36539136
What's the actual program anon? can't seem to find it, though I am severely drunk and my google-fu isn't strong.
>>
Ok. So you've to choose between squat or deadlift and that for 3 months?
>>
>>36539228
built like a badass.
it's also mentioned in the sticky
>>
>>36539218

Its basically for former athletes who want to train and feel like they used to, without murdering themselves the way true sport training tends to (it originally started out as the 'washed up meathead' version of Westside for Skinny Bastards - a program largely meant for semi-beginner high school or college athletes). As a result it tends to be pretty poor for beginners (slow progression, high exercise variation, lots of work under heavy fatigue) and not so great for wannabe-bodybuilders or powerlifters or whatever (because the focus is much broader than just being big or having a big total).
>>
>>36539246
ok thanks
>>
>>36539238
Read over it briefly and the rep ranges look high, it assumes you don't have any postural imbalances (unlikely) and no history of injury.

But hey, this is /fit/, so go nuts and do it if you like.
>>
>>36539306
>it assumes you don't have any postural imbalances (unlikely) and no history of injury.
As does any program that isn't tailored to the individual...
>>
>>36539342
If you don't have the knowledge to correct it yourself, then most any program is inherently shit desu.
>>
I'm thinking of doing this after SL. It works with % maxs so i need to bring my lifts up to gain anything out of it.
>>
>>36539246
how did you come to this conclusion, when in the sticky it states it as a intermediate routine
>>
>>36539902

I've read the damned routine. The book spends about a full page explaining who its for and who it isn't.
>>
>>36539911
Is there a version for the typical fitizen
>>
>>36539911
the best part is when rip explains how gravity is usually acting downwards, towards the ground

Thanks Rip, today i learned
>>
>>36539938

Not really. You could try WS4SB, which is closer to what the average /fit/ lifter wants, but its still generally meant to be a sport-supplementing routine.

Of course, that kind of depends on what you think the average fitizen wants. Its probably a pretty good routine for the average gym rat but that might not be what the people here want.
>>
>>36539957
I dont see the difference between an a washed up lifter with decent maxes and a newer lift with the same maxes? Just because its for older folk, doesnt mean it can be useful for a younger audience.
>>
>>36540153

It could be. But odds are the younger lifter simply doesn't want what the older guy does.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.