[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3-5x5 vs 3x10 for beginner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: starting-strength-rippetoe.jpg (39 KB, 300x390) Image search: [Google]
starting-strength-rippetoe.jpg
39 KB, 300x390
I found there is two type routines for beginner 3-5x5 (Starting Strength, Stronglifts, ICF, Reg Park etc.) and 3x10 (Kilgore's FIT, Lyle McDonald's Beginner Program). What is better for skinny beginner like me? I know everyone at fit faps to Ripp's SS, but FIT program was written by Kilgore and he is co author of Starting Strength so he probably knows his stuff and can't suggest shit program to beginners.
>>
File: Rep-Ranges.png (42 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
Rep-Ranges.png
42 KB, 1008x1008
>>
>>36539071

It makes fuck-all difference. The principles behind the programming matter more than the exact set and rep numbers, and even that matters less than you putting in the hard yards.
>>
File: 111.png (28 KB, 537x540) Image search: [Google]
111.png
28 KB, 537x540
Kilgore's FIT beginner routine
>>
>>36539080
This.

Too many beginners waste time and energy in their endless search for "the perfect program". It doesn't exist. There are good and bad programs and there are programs that suit or don't suit your goals. But there is no such thing as the perfect program and there never will be, due to the simpe FACT that there are many different ways to train and they can all be equally effective.

At the end of the day, effort, consistency, perseverance, diet, sleep and other factors matter more than what program you choose - As long as it's a good one. Pick one and stick to it.
>>
>>36539071
It doesn't matter that much if you are doing them for their intended purpose. I'd personally go with ICF though if you remotely care about being strong.
>>
>>36539240
>ICF
You mean SL5x5 with accessories? Why does anyone give that brain-fucked autist Blaha credit for this shit?

>>36539071
If you are skinny do SS or SL. Preferably SS. And start stuffing yourself till you puke.

>>36539083
I don't know for what purpose this was written. But for most of /fit/'s goal this routine is conflicting and inefficient.
>>
>>36539083
>no diddlys
dropped
>>
File: 1357589175803.gif (245 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1357589175803.gif
245 KB, 720x720
>>36539071
I duno. try them all and see which you like.
>>
>>36539803
diddlys on wednesday, wtf u ta'kinbout?
>>
>>36539546
>And start stuffing yourself till you puke.
Literally don't do this you'll just get fat. Figure out your maintenance level and eat 500kcal over it. Your body can only put on a certain amount of muscle each week regardless of how much you stuff your face.
>>
>>36539898
i cant read
>>
I'm pretty sure that less than 5% of /fit/ actually read the book
>>
>>36539546
>I don't know for what purpose this was written
Beginners program to get muscle mass
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.