[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm joining a gym tomorrow. Gunna walk in and sign up. Any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1457230556319.jpg (39 KB, 374x325) Image search: [Google]
1457230556319.jpg
39 KB, 374x325
I'm joining a gym tomorrow. Gunna walk in and sign up.
Any advice for a first time gym?
I want to lose weight and get in shape. Pump some iron. Maybe do SS.
I don't know.
I have the money and I'm anxious to start.
Any advice appreciated.
>>
File: 1457391968395.jpg (107 KB, 515x515) Image search: [Google]
1457391968395.jpg
107 KB, 515x515
>>36537776
Reading the sticky never hurts
>>
when you're interviewing to sign up answer the question about medical issues 'no' otherwise your mom has to come in and sign a waiver
>>
File: IMG_20160228_161942.jpg (30 KB, 639x320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160228_161942.jpg
30 KB, 639x320
>>36537776
If you have the option, join a 24 hour gym. One of the biggest things that'll discourage you in the beginning is having to lift baby weight with a bunch of comparatively awoke dudes. Most of the time people feel judged in this situation. I assume you're a neet which means you can go any time. I'd aim for 9-10pm to start with since you probably stay up late anyway. If you can't go to a 24 hour gym go the last hour the gym is open.

But more important than any other thing you can do is fix your diet. Face the fact that you eat garbage and will have to give most of that up.
>>
>>36537879
Got my sights on a 24 hour gym. I'm nervous wreck in public so I'm going in during nightowl hours.
Maybe there will be less people than during the daytime.
>>
>>36538002
if you go at like 1-2 not many people are there
if you go at after 8:30 there will be dyels and a few big guys but it will be pretty empty

the only thing is that everytime i end up going late i see the same smallish group of people so don't fuck up
>>
>>36538013
on week days just avoid 5-7/8pm that's when its busiest

never been in the morning

>>36537879
>>
>>36538002
You've got the right mindset, OP. Read the sticky if you haven't already and look into beginner programs like Starting Strength or Greyskull LP. Look up Youtube videos on form and stuff. I started at the beginning of this year so I probably shouldn't give any advice, but that's what I've been doing so far.
>>
Im gunna do my best.
Already hit the market, bought protien, chicken, veggies, oats.
Cut out sodiepop, potato chips, cookies.

The hardest part for me is showing up.
But I think if I show up and do the routines
I should be at least slightly better than I am now.
>>
>>36538140
once you start gaining showing up will no longer be an issue and you will look foward to it
>>
Walk there and look for things around it to incentivise you to go. If it's convenient you're more likely to go.
>>
>>36537776
Best advice I can give is figure out what goals you want to achieve physically, research proper lifting techniques and workout program(s) that you will be comfortable doing, find a proper nutrition plan (MOST IMPORTANT IMO), and just keep working out. Don't get discouraged, just keep grinding towards your goals. Best thing about health is that it is always a learning process no matter how experienced or knowledgeable you are
>>
Read the fucking sticky
>>
don't forget to tip the receptionist
>>
>>36538397

This.
I work at front desk at planet fitness and all I get is fucking tootsie rolls
>>
>>36537776
Do us proud OP

Nobody cares how much you lift when you're starting out. Focus on your form and getting the most out of the time you spend at the gym.

Diet and sleep are just as important as regular exercise.

There is nothing wrong with deloading to work on your form. Ego lifting isn't worth snapping your shit up.

Oh, and read the fucking sticky. Godspeed OP
>>
To be honest, nobody will give a shit about you unless you go to some gettho gym.
Best advice I can give you is constancy, patience and don't overdo it, know your limits.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.