[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sub /b/ gonna start jogging this summer and ive heard two ways
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 1458521326570.jpg (207 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1458521326570.jpg
207 KB, 1080x720
sub /b/
gonna start jogging this summer and ive heard two ways of starting
>going as hard as you can from the start and going from there
or
>going with a light jog and moving up as you go

which is better, or is it all preference?
>>
>>36537290
i put /b/ cause im used to cancer board
ignore that
>>
>>36537290
depends on your goal. If you want to gain as much aerobic fitness as much as possible, start off slower and slowly increase the pace. Starting off too fast and staying too fast will make your run very lactic.
>>
>>36537290
Read the sticky
>>
>>36537290

show gloots
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 554x1113) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 554x1113
>>36537290
Why in the world would going outside and running as hard as you can be a good idea for someone who's never gone running? You probably won't even get a mile. Use pic related brah
>>
File: 1441403683485.png (14 KB, 259x391) Image search: [Google]
1441403683485.png
14 KB, 259x391
The best option would be to go to a local running shoe store and talk to the salesman. They'll watch you walk and recommend the perfect shoes for you, it's there job and you'll pick the wrong shoes.

Start low impact. Just walk fast, fuck running. You need to adjust to being on your feet for long walks (45-60 mins not 20-30). Once you get conditioned after a few days you will feel your body wanting to move faster. Once you feel this, run straight into a gun store and fucking shoot yourself you cancerous faggot.
>>
>>36537290
Why the fuck dont you start running now?
>>
>>36537290
Couch to 5k. There's tons of apps that make it easy.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>36537570
>>
File: 1454954536968.jpg (292 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1454954536968.jpg
292 KB, 800x800
Couch to 5k

Don't start during the summer.
Don't start next month.
Don't start next week.
Don't start tomorrow.
Start right now.
>>
>gonna start jogging this summer

Are you fucking kidding me? Start now.
>>
>>36537290
Who is this malice of erecting my phallus?
>>
>>36539050
This, that way when summer starts you'll already be tan
>>
Is that Eliza

Dont bring that whore here
>>
What do you weigh OP? I'm not gonna make fun of you or anything, but if you're overweight you should make extra sure that you read up on safety precautions. Even if you're skelly you need to be careful if you're a noob. Running is high impact and can damage your joints if you do something stupid. Like this "I'll just go as hard as I can on my first day" idea that somebody flim flammed you with.

Run on a track or a treadmill. Don't run on concrete. Mind your inclines. Take it slow and easy at first. And if you're a total dyel beginner expect leg DOMS the next day.

Best of luck dicknose.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.