[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
INJURY GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1457669465976.jpg (82 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457669465976.jpg
82 KB, 500x500
2 weeks ago in the gym I failed a bench and successfully did the roll of shame. It was also my first time doing the "Bend the bar" technique. Right after I recovered I felt a pain in my wrist.
Went home and the next day I experienced these symptoms.

>Inflammation like pain when I rotate wrist with elbow bent
>Palm down it hurts more than turning it palm up.
>If I try to stabilize my wrist to curl, it hurts like a bitch.
>Hammer curls are painless
>Deadlifts are painless
>Benching is painless once I curve my hands as if I was making an illuminati diamond.

Any idea what I snapped up?

Also injury general.
>>
My left shoulder hurts when I (flat) bench press. Incline seems to fine, but it hurt a little today. Looking online it says my shoulder is just weak. Should I just skip flat benches and try and build up shoulder strength some more? I started doing more shoulder work on the cables machines. It hurts when my elbow comes down and is parallel to my shoulder.
>>
>>36537213
where exactly hurts? or is it just the whole muscle?
>>
File: 1458101982672.jpg (73 KB, 361x405) Image search: [Google]
1458101982672.jpg
73 KB, 361x405
>decide to get fit after two years of being a lazy shit
>go to gym, do cardio on the elliptical, don't want to get too crazy
>after a few days at the gym, knee pain
>go to doctor
>patello femoral disorder
>now I have to do physical therapy
>can't do cardio, just weights
maybe I'll actually get gains
>>
>>36537115
Might be tendinitis. Id have to examine you irl to confirm
Stabilize and avoid using your arm and pop some tylenol. Then go see your doctor if it bothers you more, or if it continues more than a week.
>>
Careful OP, I once sprained my wrists and gave myself severe tendinitis by ignoring the symptoms. Couldn't use a keyboard/mouse or even turn the pages of a book for months.
>>
>>36537226
Top side part of shoulder.
>>
>>36537339
may be impingement breh
>>
>>36537264
swim breh
>>
>310 pounds of fat NEET ass decides to do a little cardio
>310 pounds of asshole decides to do lots of jumping jacks, and pacing (turning quickly constantly after fast walking like 10 feet back and forth)

And that's how I got shin splints within a few days of deciding to try to lose weight.

So, I'm actually 290-295 pounds atm, but I need to start lifting but I'm beta as fuck and don't want to ask anyone at the gym to spot for me. What lifting programs should I start out with that don't require anything that might need a spotter, that I can perform with my weak NEET arms. Fortunately my lower body has plenty of muscle since it has to constantly haul my fat ass around occasionally, but my arms are weak and I'm not comfortable around /fit/ bros.

Can't do pull-ups/chin-ups, out of the question.
>>
>>36537356
Thanks. Just looked it up. It's def the area that hurts. I'll lay off bench for awhile. Also I have this problem with my left hip. I just ended up quitting running, but I noticed my hip/sidea area also hurts after curls.
>>
File: 1446633564521.jpg (12 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1446633564521.jpg
12 KB, 320x320
>>36537493
>hip/sidea area also hurts after curls
>>
>>36537412
Get a power rack and do SL. Its in the sticky. You dont need a spotter if you take your time and make sure your form is good.
>>
>>36537541
It's true. It hurts after bowling too.. :(
>>
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 749x903) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 749x903
>hit my ribs hard on a rail snowboarding
>no broken ribs or bruises to be seen
>still have a sharp consistent pain in my right side everytime I sit up
>hurts to do chest and back

I feel like it's a pulled muscle or something. I really don't feel like I broke ribs but it still hurts to sneeze and cough hard.

Should I just sack up or see a doc?
>>
>>36537412
Keep cutting breh. Worry about cardiovascular exercise when you hit the 250 mark.
>>
>>36537412
Your shoes are probably shit and your walking form is bad. Too much stress on the heel when you should take smaller strides and use the balls of your feet.
>>
>>36537115
Took a bad spill on a bike a couple weeks back and have several fractures in my left hand. Can't use my left at all, so nearly no lifting until this heals which may take months.
>>
My back hurts
>>
File: 1427520363418.jpg (36 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1427520363418.jpg
36 KB, 500x281
>>36538668
smoke velitas, and you will not feel pain anymore
>>
My right tricep is constantly hurting but I have broken PRs on bench, incline bench and ohp in the last few weeks since it started hurting. I don't know what I have done to it.
>>
>>36538874
>>36538676
>>36538744
MexicANO?
>>
>current residence; snap city
>fucked my back doing DL
>haven't lifted for ~3 months
>hoping for it to heal on it's own
>it haven't
>well a bit, but far from fully
>doc appointment in 2 weeks
>dreading the day, cause I'm scared he'll say my back is kill
pls hold me
>>
>ab workout
>doing leg raises
>left hip pops every rep

Might just be that my form's shit but should I be worried?
>>
>>36538918

Slipped a disc?
>>
>>36537646
GO SEE A DOCTOR
>>
>>36537264
>decided to get fit after over twenty years of being a lazy shit
>go to gym, do cardio, also some on elliptical
>I have slightly shorter ligaments in my right leg, those around the foot
>my right foot gets stuck between the thing that spins and the front of the elliptical
>hobbling out of gym, thinking fuck my life
>no real damage it seems, lay low for a week
>now I have no more problems with my right foot when I run

It's almost as if I had overstretched the shortened ligaments and tendons so that they could heal into a better position.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.