[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Doing Stronglifts >Gymbro is late >Have to bench on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 500x452
>Doing Stronglifts
>Gymbro is late
>Have to bench on my own
>Ask randos to spot me
>Every single one literally holds the bar during each rep
>Can't tell if I can count these as finished sets or not because I have no idea how much of the lifting was me
What the fuck /fit/? Why can't they just take their hands off the bar until I clearly need assistance? This isn't a team exercise. Is this why normies are able to bench so much, because they're letting a spotter literally assist them on every rep?
>>
>>36533948
I have noticed this too, i tell them to keep their hands fuck away from the bar until i literally touch my chest with the bar as a result of failing.

Its not like ill fucking die under 225 or some shit.

Goddamn weak pieces of shit.
>>
i let this guy work in and he started fucking touching the bar while i was benching. i didn't even ask him for a spot. fucking CUNT
>>
>>36533948
>not a team exercise
>asks randoms to spot for him
Something is odd here.
Really, how heavy are you lifting that you need a spotter? Do you have your gymbro load for you too and call people over to call and judge? I bench 125 kg and can do the roll of shame with that weight without much trouble if I fail a rep and cannot ditch the weight on a pair of spotter arms or safety slings.

If what these "normies" do bothers you so greatly, why don't you either learn how to roll the weight off when you fail, or bench in the power rack or use the spotter arms on your squat/ bench rack?
Since you are doing Stronglifts, look at the site to see all the pointers Mehdi has on how to fail reps safely. Roll of shame here: http://stronglifts.com/bench-press/safety/#The_Roll_of_Shame

You aren't supposed to go until your arms turn to spaghetti and your pecs are busted, failure is best defined as when you cannot do a complete rep without greatly compromising your form (ie when your ass comes off the bench). Attempting more reps in the same set after your form has slipped up is not only dangerous, it's fucking stupid and I sincerely hope you do not do this.
>>
>>36534257
This post reeks of fucking autism and you just trying to disagree.
>Even considering doing the roll of shame
>Not getting a lift off so your shoulders can stay correct
If you can get a competent spotter there's no reason not to. It's the safer thing to do and let's you push yourself harder. Also you don't bench 125 kg and I guarantee you won't post a video proving me wrong.
>>
>>36533948
>after first rep
>"hey, can you keep your hands off until I fail?
>"oh yeah sure, sorry man"
>"no worries"
>finish workout

I'm worried about when you guys have to interact with people outside of the gym.
>>
>>36534340
>wasting valuable breath on speech

Cuck
>>
I once told a guy "just two fingers when I start slipping" and he got all offended like "I know bro."
He then proceeded to fucking lift the bar up for me my third rep. Do they even lift?
>>
>>36534744
>just two fingers when I start slipping
this is just asking for injury
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.