[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting a Home Gym?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Home Gym?.jpg (18 KB, 328x246) Image search: [Google]
Home Gym?.jpg
18 KB, 328x246
Hey /fit/ I want to get a home gym and I was wondering what is some good equipment to get, I just want a bench press and maybe some other stuff, so I'll take suggestions.

I'd rather just spend the money on my own equipment, instead of a gym membership.
>>
if you lift, you'll know what you need

if you don't lift, join a gym for a month and start before buying anything
>>
>>36533834
Alright, do you have any suggestions where I should buy from?
>>
>>36533816
A) Dont get a benchpress unless you have a garage and plan on getting tons of equip

B) Do this.

If you're a broke nigger: Get an adjustable squatrack and a bench.
If you have money, get either a squatrack with safeties on the side or a powerrack and a bench.

Unless you have money&space you dont want a fixed benchpress like in your picture.
You want something that you can squat, bench, ohp and curl in.

As for your bench:
If you a broke nigger:
Get a flatbench, cheap adjustable benches are a safety hazard and gambling. Get a flatbench that supports as much weight as possible that fits your budget.
If you have money:
Either get a massive flat bench that can support 600lbs+ to never worry about replacing your bench when making gains again or get a good adjustable bench if you want to do inclines/declines.

For the bars:
Cheap nigger option:
Get those cheap "barbells" with 30/31mm diameter. They're cheaper than proper barbells, weigh 5-10kg less (might be good if you're a skeltal newbie) and the plates come cheaper.
If you got money, get a proper weightlifting bar. Bumperplates if luxury is an option.

Everything else:
ezcurl bar - for those accesories, optional, but might be a good idea if you get a big weightlifting bar, so you can have a smaller bar for isolations like skullcrushers.

Dumbbells:
The thing with dumbbells with plates is, it's a fucking chore to put on/off weights all the time. And unless you buy expensive/dense plates, you cant fit much on them. Also unless you invest into microplates, the smallest jumps you'll be able to do is 2.5kg which is too much for pretty much every dumbbell exercise.
Adjustable dumbell systems like powerblox n shit are expensive. So are full dumbell sets (which also need a ton of space).
Microplates: A luxury and helpful for shit like ohp, but nothing you cant simulate with a bag of oats.
Every other specialty bar thats not an ezcurlbar, luxury/optional.

Floor padding: if you lift in any room thats not a garage
>>
>>36533862
>>36533945

>Alright, do you have any suggestions where I should buy from?

depends on where you live.

Generally speaking amazon will have very good deals and maybe even top if off with free shipping.
Google for online shops in your country that carry/sell equip, compare prizes. If you live in america you have all the options in the world.
If you want to safe money check craigslist/your local equivalent of craigslist. There's plenty of people selling weightlifting equip.
Nows a good time too, to do this. Even the most foolhardy NYR will have given up by now and is looking to get rid of his shit.
Or it's people who had homegyms and are now transitioning to gyms, for one reason or another.
>>
>>36533945
>>36534026

Thanks, I have a garage with lots of space if I clean it out, so I should be good.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.