[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ectomorph Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: breh.jpg (132 KB, 1024x1407) Image search: [Google]
breh.jpg
132 KB, 1024x1407
Where my Ectomorph bros at?

Sharing of routines, tips, eating plans and hot bitches encouraged.
>>
>>36533391
Bump

Anybody got any advice on routines.
>>
>>36533391

Depends on what your end goal is. What do you want out of the exercise routine?

Do you want to be healthy and be fit, or do you want to basically look ripped at all costs?
>>
>>36533455
Ripped at all costs.

Think Brad Pitt in fight club.

From what I've been ready and gather from people, I think I've been spending too long in the gym.

Most trainers and shit suggest 45-60 minutes.
>>
Being skinny is one thing. But having a tiny little frame is another. Where my tiny little frame brothas at?
>>
>>36533472

yeah, 1 hour should be max. Also,

>at all costs

Go find roids then. You should aim for healthy and fit, and from there work on being toned.
>>
>>36533492
yep. i am weak as fuck. small frame weak joints weak connective tissues weak tendons etc
>>
>>36533499
Alright, well no go on roids.

I'm sick of people telling me to just get big. Like people don't realize I just like can't. I'm 6ft and 150.
>>
Guys, how .. and WHAT the fuck do you eat to gain weight?

> mfw I started tracking calories
> mfw I barely eat 1/3'rd of what is considered "normal" for my height

Figures why I'm a skeleton, but literally how can you start eating 3x what you're used to?
Shit sucks if you're a picky eater as well.
>>
>>36533571
Well, being a picky eater doesn't help...

But I just fucking eat, even when I'm not hungry... A lot of oatmeal, bagels with peanut butter, protein bars, shakes, greek yogurt,
>>
>>36533540

Get a HR tracker. Calculate your TDEE and macros. Improve diet. Use HR tracker to workout and work on your idle heart rate so you can do more of your workout with a lower idle heart rate.

Lower idle heart rate = stronger heart. You'll live longer. Sex will be better.

Use your HR tracker to track your sleep, get good night sleep. Get enough of it. Will reduce stress, improve skin and other things. Will help you regain confidence. All the while workout and become fit, not ripped; fit.

Then and then only do you consider getting ripped, but by then; everything else in your life should be on a skyward trend. So just maintaining being fit should be good enough.

That said, what's your real end goal here? Women or being with a woman.
>>
>>36533571

Just shove it down you. I remember when I started my bulk I felt sick for about a week to 2 weeks from being so full all of the time but it has to be done. Even worse if you're doing it clean.
>>
>>36533604
I'll get a tracker, I sleep 8-9 hrs a night, no problem.

I don't have a problem getting laid, it's more I just want to look good.

No more skeleton look.

I'm active, eat right, workout 5-6 days a week... I just can't seem to get an extra 10-15lbs of muscle.
>>
>>36533636

>can't get more than 10-15lbs of muscle

That's a fucking lot you faggot.

But if that's not enough, then:

>bulk/cut
>>
>>36533391
>Where my Ectomorph bros at?
Nowhere, because they don't exist.
>>
>>36533632

is it fine to bulk while going to gym 2-3 times a week?
dont really want to end up with a fat bellie and thin arms

>>36533596

How often do you eat usually? It's gonna add up real quick on the cost side too..
>>
>>36533659

Tall people with faster metabolism = ectomorphs.
>>
>>36533668
Like 4-5x a day. It isn't cheap, but I usually spend 100-120 on groceries a week...

The problem I have is that I metabolize the food so quick.
>>
>>36533540
>i can't
>im 6ft 150

I was just like you, at 6.3 155lbs i thought i was a "hard gainer".
Wasted my easy beginner gains on a shitty routine. Started eating alot (still didn't count any calories), 4 meals a day plus snacks. Gained weight (and some fat) but now i have some wiggle room. I'm 205lbs now. Still not ripped, but i finally don't look like a skelly.
What i'm trying to say is: eat more, introduce a fourth meal, make those meals bigger, drink a lot of milk.
There is no other (natty) way, you just have to eat.
>>
>>36533668

The whole point of bulking is that you maintain your existing workout routine and you basically just eat whatever the fuck you want.

Then, when you cut, you maintain your workout routine and you not only don't eat whatever the fuck you want; you eat at a deficit. Then repeat until you hit your desired look.

>>36533696

>metabolize food so quick

Chobani yogurt.
>>
>>36533654
Then how much (within reason) should I be looking to put on?

I'm generally curious.

>>36533685
This man... Like I said earlier... I'm 6ft and like 145-150.
>>
>>36533701
Word. I'm deff gonna up the food intake.

Curious:
What do you eat in normal day?
>>
>>36533716
1kg/2lbs per month for an adult male
>>
>>36533668

Yeah I had to cut back from 6 times a week to about 4 max when I was bulking.
>>
>>36533736
Right now not much because i'm sick (RIP gains) but during my last bulk this is was i was eating (it changed from day to day because i ate whatever crossed my way):
Morning: big bowl of oats (with milk, not water) with a banana and some chocolate powder in it
2nd breakfast at campus: what ever i felt like, yogurth or fruit, sometimes donut
Lunch: shitty cafeteria food (two servings because they where really small)
Coming home: banana and milk tossed in the blender
Evening: good homecook meal, e.g. pasta with lots of ground beef in tomato sauce (maybe 100-150g of uncooked pasta and ~100g of beef)
In front of TV: snack, some nuts or a glass of milk
>>
>>36533736
Not him but I can help u out. Try this meal. Grassfed ground beef cooked in a pan, u can get it at walmart. Cook some rice and eat the grassfed beef with the rice. And eat a small salad with it to help it digest.
Literally eat hardy like that. Trust
>>
File: roy.jpg (12 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
roy.jpg
12 KB, 200x250
>tfw you can circle your wrist with index and thumb finger (no overlapping though)
>tfw small wrists
>biceps wont grow no matter what

Granted, I mainly did boxing and only did lifting occasionally (three months) but still...
Gained some pec/shoulder definition and quite noticeable back gains from all those pull ups but arms still look fairly weak.

Will I ever into Roy Jones type of body with my 6'2" and 175lbs (used to be 155lbs or less because I cycled a lot).
>>
>>36533852
Yeah I've been eating chicken breast/steamed veggies for lunch at work... then steak/steamed veggies and rice at dinner... should I switch to pasta?

>>36533832
I'm going to take this and build on it I think... One thing, I hate plain milk... Can you taste the milk in the oats?
>>
>>36533902
>One thing, I hate plain milk
Ok I'm going to give you the best advice you will ever receive if you want to gain weight.

Stop being a little bitch with the food.
>>
>>36533540
Hahaha what a pussy
>>
>>36533902
>Yeah I've been eating chicken breast/steamed veggies for lunch at work... then steak/steamed veggies and rice at dinner... should I switch to pasta?
You will never gain weight eating like that.

Never.

That's the kind of diet you do when you cut.

If you want to gain weight, you need to eat a lot of carbs (good carbs like rice, baked potatoes, quinoa, pasta, bread ...) and a lot of fats (nuts, dairy, peanut butter, avocados...) You eat a good portion of each with every meal including a protein source.

For example
>I've been eating chicken breast/steamed veggies for lunch
Add 100g rice/pasta and a handful of nuts to that meal, and drink milk instead of water.
>>
>Be me 6'1
>Summer 2015, 175lbs look fantastic
>March 2016, 161lbs toned

How did I fuck up, I'm actually eating MORE but I lost a lot of mass; however I've gotten significantly stronger
>>
Setting aside how dumb the morph body type thing is. If you're just saying you're tall and lean then eat calorie dense foods, I use peanut butter and oatmeal personally.

Also you're likely going to want to be careful while lifting, I've had some injuries in the past because of my long levers putting stress on joints. Your lifts will also probably be lower than your bros with shorter limbs.
>>
File: IMG_20160327_013104[1].jpg (3 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160327_013104[1].jpg
3 MB, 3120x4160
help me pls

>lifting since dec/ end of nov
>went from 6'0 149 lbs to 164 lbs
>progress in every body part especially legs I'm blessed with strong legs
>least progress with chest i dont know why
>stuck on bench press 150 lbs can't go any further
>always when i tense my body during bench press I easily lose balance on my back and legs begin to cramp

My routine :

A:
Squats
Benchpress
Seated low row
Dips
Hyperextensions
Facepulls
Side Bends

B:
Deadlifts
Butterfly
Pulls ups/Lat pull down
Shoulder press
Leg raises
Biceps Curl
Triceps Push downs

Is it my routine ? Can't some one recommend me a good one ? Or give me some advice pls
>>
>>36535571
sorry not 150 lbs on bench press more like 110 lbs
>>
>>36535100
I never drank it as a kid. Just never liked it. I would eat any veggie my mom made me, but I refused to drink milk

I drink chocolate milk tho.
>>
>>36536660
Use a light amount of reduced sugar chocolate syrup
Boom.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.