[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOTT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 1427498696075.jpg (129 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1427498696075.jpg
129 KB, 612x612
New one since the old one is close to bump limit.
How do I make cardio more interesting? I planned on cycling longer than I did earlier but just got bored of it.
>>
Get an attention span and stop being a millennial.
>>
how long does a growth spurt last? i've been having an increased hunger and some joint and leg pain for the last week and a half but i have seen no changes in height or anythingg
>>
ULxULx
or
UxLxUxL
?
>>
Currently doing lyle mcdonalds generic bulking routine. Its low body, upper body, rest day, low body, upper body. My question is im doing ALL of my upper body in 1 day and feels like too much, so is this a legit program for natty lifters?
>>
I never isolate abs but have a shredded midsection. I flex in the mirror constantly though, could that have had any serious effect on my abs?
>>
I have a horribly huge gap between pecs and my chest was also always lagging begind all the other muscles.
This makes me wonder if there is any correlation between chest gap size and chest potential strength. Do you know any examples of guys with chest gap who can bench big?
>>
>>36533575
I'm a fan of a 2-day split. I do a ABxABx - A is push, B is pull w/ legs.
>>
Can Sumo replace conventional for casual lifters? My conventional is rounded af no matter how hard I try. Sumo looks better. Also Im 188 cm so dont have 5 cm ROM with sumo.
>>
>>36534224
Sure it can.
Can you do SLDLs from blocks (or rack)?
>>
If your skinnyfat can you not just eat mantinence calories and lose the fat while also gaining muscle? Why do I need to cut first then bulk or bulk first then cut or whatever the fuck?
>>
Is running in place good cardio?
>I am a hikkikomori
>>
>>36536182
Worse on your feet than regular running since the impact is vertical
>>
>>36536229
...with a foam mat underneath
>>
When do I stop stronglifts? At the very point I can't lift more than the past session in any movement? One week after that? One month?
>>
would cycling ec every four weeks over 6 months prevent tolerance
>>
>>36536136
That's exactly what you should do. Being skinny fat means that you have low muscle mass and high body fat. To combat low muscle mass you should train heavy. To manage your body fat and gain muscle you should eat almost at your mainatinence or maybe 100 calories less
>>36536343
Try deloads and reduce sets and reps to 3x5, 3x3, 1x3 if you want to. Or just go to an intermediate program if that's mentally tough to not hit PRs.
>>36533901
Different attachments do mean different ROM. Wider chest gap should be able to bench more but don't quote me on that. >>36533040
You're growing a little until your 20s. Could also be issues with form or increased activity
>>36533871
If you do compounds It would work abs well. If you have low body fat they might be super visible
>>
>>36536728
>Or just go to an intermediate program
I don't mind staying with one program, it's just that I've seen people claim that stronglifts is a 6-week meme program to get strong enough to handle Texas and other similar shit. I wondered if such a hard wall exists, or if I can keep at it forever (theoretically anyway).
>>
I need no bullshit, cuz that's all i'm getting at the gym.
What is the primary muscle used in squats?
>>
>>36536766
Quads/Hamstrings.
>>
>>36533026

OP do you know where I can get a horse head mask like the one in your picture ?

Thanks.
>>
Is doing deadlifts and romanian deadlifts overkill?
>>
>>36536758
There will be a point when you stop adding 5/10 kg to your lifts each session but you can run it for longer than 6 weeks for sure.
>>
I have 6 inch wrists and tiny hands. Will large forearms, assuming I can grow them in the first place, look weird?
>>
>>36536766
Quads, hamstrings, and glutes together. The point of a compound movement like a squat is that there is no single primary muscle.
>>
I know you're not supposed to take up space by doing deadlifts in the squat rack, but what about OHP? I feel like I'm wasting space because I don't need the pins, but there's nowhere else to rest the bar at chest height.
>>
File: 1387839159703.jpg (175 KB, 412x553) Image search: [Google]
1387839159703.jpg
175 KB, 412x553
>Been doing Intermittent Fasting since January
>Last year I stopped for 2 months and gained a bunch of fat
>Was not counting calories either
>About to stop IF for a bit now just so my cortisol levels would even out
>Will be counting calories, though

I should be good, right?
>>
>>36536608
bump question
>>
File: 1435242778712.jpg (163 KB, 630x575) Image search: [Google]
1435242778712.jpg
163 KB, 630x575
>In the theater watching Batman vs Superman
>Me, 2 of my bros and one bro's fiancee
>Just chillin, then she happens to sit beside me on the theater
>Notice fiancee be flirty with me and shit
>Even shared candy that she snuck in with her
>We hit it off pretty cool, chemistry would be a good word to describe it
>I know that fuckin look she gave me! Horey shet!
>we are basically just flirting and having fun (making her laugh and stuff) through the trailers while my buddy is talking to our friend
>At some point we were nerding out to the Warcraft trailer she grabbed my leg to tell me something.
>okay.jpeg
>I did the same to her, she smiles
>think "what is this bitch doin? her man is right beside her lol"
>Trailer for the the new JK Rowling film came up and she grabbed my leg again like "watch this" but then her hand is a bit higher on my thigh
>I looked at her
>"wtf did she just bite her lip"

Ok. How do I see if this bitch is into me so I could either a) tell my friend that she is a hoe and should probably take his ring back or b) have some snu-snu with her and just not tell my bro

Thanks for the help, anons!
>>
File: ICF.png (975 KB, 3223x4745) Image search: [Google]
ICF.png
975 KB, 3223x4745
I sometimes run sometimes lift in the morning, and I consume almost no calories until around 5-6 PM and sometimes later. Am I going to make it?

Also when I do start eating I usually go pretty hambone, and I will drink like 60+ g of protein in two to three shakes in a span of one hour. Is drinking protein this way (all at once) okay?

Is pic related a good program for someone who runs on rest days in between A and B. Should I just do a split instead? tfw no gains on sqauts
>>
File: Absolutely Based.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Based.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
Seriously, how the fuck do I have enough protein every day? I ate salmon and had two protein shakes and I'm STILL not there.
>>
>>36537121
Girls are whores. Half the girls I've fucked had bfs. Same with my first kiss. Most guys don't supply a girl with what they want. And that's the dudes fault. For either not being alpha or because he gets a monogamous relationship just because he thinks he's supposed to. Not a good basis for a relationship in anyway.
>>
>>36537232
Ok but then how do I proceed? How do I know this bitch is not just doing the old "lets see you and him fight" that bitches love to do?
>>
>>36537121

She's blatantly interested in you. Tell your bro, if you're not a scumbag. Maybe you'll have a devil's threesome and all be best friends.
>>
File: hoplite.jpg (196 KB, 1605x1056) Image search: [Google]
hoplite.jpg
196 KB, 1605x1056
>>36533026
To make cardio more interesting, I like to imagine that I'm an Athenian soldier at Marathon. I pretend I have a shield and a spear and that I'm running side by side with my fellow hoplite to defend Greece. I sort of think about the Persians blotting out the sun with their arrows and think that if I stop running, I'm surely gonna die. I think about democracy and the Parthenon and the ancient Gods and whatnot and it gives me energy.

I also do the same with the Iroquois or the Romans or the English or any pre-machine gun tribe or empire. It sort of gives me motivation I guess and I get lost in the fantasy. That or I listen to Taylor Swift really loud.
>>
File: callout-24[1].png (2 KB, 99x101) Image search: [Google]
callout-24[1].png
2 KB, 99x101
Repost because no answer.
Just hit my gym for the first time, doing SL 5x5.
I have two questions.

First,I did the three lifts to 5 sets each. I was in gym for about 30ish minutes, not including the time I took to get the stances memorized. Should I follow up with the additional Work? I rode a bike home for about 10 minutes, up a very steep hill (nonstop at about 20% angle)

Second, what are some nessasary purchases for weightloss? I'm 288 lbs, 6'2. I've got a scale at home and gym, but nothing else. Power is in my shoping cart now. Should I get something for BMI now or just work on dropping 80~ pounds before making that purchase? Thanks a bunch!
>>
>>36537200
2 eggs =6g
300g chicken =96g
2 scoop whey=48g
150g Greek yogurt=15g
1/2 can salmon=15g
=180g protein total

Add carbs
>>
>>36537250
just focus on diet. you don't need anything else for weight loss

look up myfitnesspal
if you really want to get anal get a kitchen scale
>>
>>36537253
>>36537200
186g * actually for 2 eggs
>>
>>36537265
Alright senpai, I hear you. I'm on it.

Follow up question if you don't mind. If I did get the shake, would it be retarded to drink all my macro at once(or around that) and just play with the cals for the rest of the day?
>>
>>36537121
Bros before hoes, my man.
>>
>>36537295
there is no difference between eating all your food at once or spread throughout the day
>>
I need a ABCxABC (where c is cardio) program. What do you recommend? It needs to be that way, cardio can be light though.
>>
>>36533026

Ride a real bike not a stationary bike in a gym.
>>
>>36537305
Cool, thanks a bunch my man.

The sticky said about the same, but I just wanted to double check, make sure it's still kosher.
>>
>>36537331
What's the difference? The risk of getting hit by a car?
>>
How many cycles of EC before tolerance kicks in?
>>
So I am doing a leanbulk/recomp using Lyle Mcdonald's "Ultimate Diet 2.0" I was wondering if I could use yohimbine during low calorie/glycogen depletion days (4 days out of the week) and then stop during high calorie, refeed, recarb days (3 days).

Just to lose more fat and get more lean gainz
>>
>>36537382
More to see, experience and enjoy, fucker.
Not original poster, but I hate when people assume machines are just as good as the act.
>>
>>36537385
Ephedrine hasn't been shown to build much of a tolerance. Caffeine builds tolerance pretty rapidly, less than one cycle.
>>
>>36537414
More windshields and grills to paint with your spinal fluid? What fucking experience is there on a bike. I live in a shitty suburb on the border of a ghetto, not Yosemite national park.
>>
Find a fucking nature trail and get your shit right, dude.
>>
is there such a thing as swimming too much
i.e. on every rest day? Or should I have complete rest days, with no lifting or cardio
>>
>>36537308
Plz respond
>>
What kind of results can I expect if I only do running and pushups?
>>
how do I count how much weight Im lifting? the bar is 45 and does a plate on each end equal another 45? or does two plates make 90 (total 135)? how am I supposed to count? people keep telling me different things. I feel like no one actually knows what theyre lifting
>>
>>36537491
Barely any. Unless you're fat and run a deficit, in which case a lot
>>
>>36537555
I am fat and run a deficit.
>>
>>36537567
There's your answer, mix in pullups and other bodyweight shit when your light enough to them. Then join a gym or move on to more complex calisthenics if you're neet.
>>
Been doing PPL for 5 months now. Made some decent gains but I feel like I should change up my routine. I want to try a bro split but am having a hard time finding one. Could you brahs recommend one?
>>
>>36537530
You got memed pretty hard bro. Since this is QTDDTOT, the actual answer is of course you count the bar and all the weight you put on it. S 45 lb plates on each side would equal 135 (45 + 45 + the bar).
I honestly feel bad that you couldn't recognize shitposting and jokes.
>>
>>36533026
try hiit. sprints are so much more fun than distance cardio.
>>
>>36536957
just calculate your maintenance and try and hit 300-400 below that.
>>
What do you guys think about going up and down a flight of stairs for cardio?
>>
>>36537683
I mean steadily for a set amount of time.
>>
can someone please teach me how to properly abuse lighting and camera angle to make it look like I lift
>>
>>36537683
makes sense

I used to do that when I worked in an office
>>
>>36537687
Sounds like it'll tire you out faster. Just run.
>>
File: fit43.png (141 KB, 485x550) Image search: [Google]
fit43.png
141 KB, 485x550
4'10" grill
started at 142lbs on Feb 22nd.
Down to 127 on Mar 26th.

I eat 900cals per docs orders. She told me to do so until I hit 120, then to come in to reevaluate.
But so far, I feel like I hit a wall. I haven't lost anything within the last few days.
I am even beginning to fluctuate a pound or two above normal. Which is weird.
I have started more cardio and body/weight training. So I'm wondering if my fat is just being replaced with muscle right now?
I can see physical gains on my butt and legs are becoming more toned. I can even feel abs under the layer of fat I still have (I haven't felt abs in a year). I am just confused on why the scale is stalling right now. Any tips?
>>
>>36537613
not to sound like a jerk but are you serious? ive had it wrong this whole time? My buddy told me to count them both as just "45" when he got me into weightlifting. Its been like that since the get go but someone called me out on it and ive been confused ever since
>>
First cut
Just eat a 500cal deficit, low carbs, high protein and cardio
Right?
>>
>>36533026
Has anyone even been even far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
File: 123memeroni85892.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
123memeroni85892.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>36537706
>working out for literally a month
>already seeing results
>complains about lack of progress

This shit takes time.

Post ass.
>>
>>36537706
hey girl, are you in CONNECTICUT by any chance ?
>>
fatty here, lost a lot of weight woth counting and the gym,

how many reps/sets is a good amount for weight loss? low weight high reps, or thr opposite?
>>
>>36537749
I'm still really overweight, so I didn't expect my progress to literally stop. I guess I'm used to watching the weight basically melt off from being so fat lol

>>36537751
london
>>
>>36537755
Doesn't matter. And you don't lift weights to lose weight you lift weights to gain muscle. Keep sticking to cardio if you just wanna lose weight.
>>
So I was reading SS and SL and they're pretty much the same shit, except 3x5 and 5x5 respectively.
Can I treat SS as a sort of advanced SL (or preparation for intermediate)?
>>
>>36537782

Yes, you can. It actually works extremely well when you start because you can handle 5x5 easily at lower weights, and those 25 reps give you plenty of opportunity to practice your form. When you switch over to SS be sure to do your accessories - pull-ups/curls/turkish get-ups/whatever you want. You can keep the rows if you want, the power cleans are mostly in there for footballers.
>>
>>36537804
I don't wanna do power cleans tbqh, shit looks scary. I'd rather stay with slow, steady lifting.
I'm already doing some dips and chinups with SL.
>>
>>36533026
>but just got bored of it
That's what is meant by 'mental toughness'. You have to develop the discipline to do what is beneficial to you whether it's 'boring' to you or not. Otherwise you're just no better than the fatties.
>>
>>36537839
I wonder how you even get that bored. Most of the time I go to the gym/street, think of what I have to do, and do it. That alone keeps my mind occupied.
>>
>>36536608
>>36537083
What do you mean? 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off?
>>
>>36537839
Honestly being bored is the sign of a weak intellect. If you're bored that means you have nothing interesting to ponder about. If you let your mind wonder and nothing happens, you're truly a non-thinker. Read a book or something, think about the fact that you're gonna die in a handful of years, think about how it felt to live as a roman 2000 years ago or to be a soldier in a mongol horde. Literally any subject can be interesting if you just ask yourself questions about it. Think of what it's like to be a snail. I don't know, think about anything. Have some imagination for crying out loud. That or just listen to some music or think about pussy or something. You should never be bored as long as your mind works.
>>
>>36536861
>pump for trump
Possibly, but I don't think I've ever seen forearms big enough on anybody who's not freakishly huge that make their hands look funny. You should be alright.
>>
>>36537926
I wrote wonder instead of wander but my point still stands.
>>
>>36536912
>>36536782
>>36536766
It should be mentioned that the glutes are activated much more the lower you get. Flexibility to get below parallel is important.
>>
Anyone got any good meditation resources by any chance? Need to make them spiritual gains
>>
>>36533026

I do the elliptical for an hour 3-4 times a week while getting caught up on house of cards. It's the only way I can find time to actually watch it.
>>
>>36537995
>House of cards
>not doing the rowing machine
>>
help me /fit/

For years I've lived a pretty sedentary life, sit in my room all day playing games. I would eat maybe once a day if that. Started lifting 2 months ago and worked up to eating 3 or 4 times a day. Problem is I'm LOSING weight.
I'm 6'4 & about 125-130lb atm (Yeah, I know...), but I was 140lb or so 2 months ago.
I don't expect to be making massive gains already, but losing weight after I quadruple my food intake? What gives?
I lift 3 times a week (mon/wed/fri) but other than that I still sit on my ass doing fuck all.
>>
>>36538091
God has given you a great gift. Eat away, my friend. (also, you might have a tapeworm or be dying)
>>
Does anyone run while lifting? Not literally, but have a day where you go jogging? I want to get rid of some fat and the sticky said lifting should help do that, but I feel like it's a little slow for me. Maybe it's because I'm trying to bulk at the same time? But I'm watching what I eat, and I mostly eat clean foods.
So should I add a day for running and continue to lift while bulking or just continue to lift.
>>
Gonna start lifting again since I injured my shoulder 5 months ago.

Instead of doing SS I'm gonna try Greyskull with added hypertrophy

A - Push (Chest/Triceps)
Bench/Seated OHP: 2x5, 1x5+
Dumbbell flies: 3x8
Dips: 3x8
Squat: 2x5, 1x5+

B: Pull (Back/Biceps)
Pendlay row: 3x8
Curls/Chinups: 3x8
Deadlift: 1x5+

A: Legs/Abdominals
Ab-wheel rollout: 3x20
Squat: 2x5, 1x5+,
Squat: 3x8 drop set

does this look solid? im considering switching the deadlifts on wednesday to friday
>>
Hey /fit/ at what age my clavicles will stop growing? I'm 19 and look still like a kid because of my small clavicles and a thin frame in general. I don't even can grow a beard, not even a moustache!
>>
Very new to lifting
(started 1st of Feb this year)
Having a lot of trouble not leaning forward on my high-bar squats. I can't even squat down without a bar/weights without leaning.
Any tips on correcting my form?
>>
File: 1436182338974.gif (4 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1436182338974.gif
4 MB, 350x197
What movement/exercise can I do to improve tackling/explosive/hitting power?

Say, i got into a fight at a bar and I tackle that motherfucker and I want to tackle him so hard that he gets winded and next thing he knows he is pinned against the wall and we took half the bar along with him?
>>
There are so many goggles on amazon, which ones do I buy? ;_;
>>
File: 1458952872285.jpg (56 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
1458952872285.jpg
56 KB, 500x417
A girl said goodnight and then sweet dreams. Does she want the d?
>>
>>36537249
About to get a B.A. in History and I do this too because I'm a turbonerd. Not the Taylor Swift part though.
>>
File: 13211shhd.png (598 KB, 585x441) Image search: [Google]
13211shhd.png
598 KB, 585x441
How do i go about adding accessories to SS? I want to add pull ups, rows and lateral raises. I don't give a fuck what Rippletoe says
>>
What exercises do I do as a guy to get a better butt (no homo)?
>>
File: captain natty.jpg (24 KB, 418x440) Image search: [Google]
captain natty.jpg
24 KB, 418x440
What happened to the Starting strenght wiki??

And where do I buy fractional plates that don't cost fucking 50+ usd(after taxes)?

Please help.
>>
>>36538773
that image is so frightening
>>
>>36538147
It's a good thing as long as you don't overdo it. If you find that progress suddenly stalls in the gym, try to cut out the running for a while and see if it's because your total workload has become too great.

>>36538292
It looks OK. However, while you don't mention what kind of injury you were dealing with, if it's lifting related you need to take measures to ensure it won't just happen again.
On a related note, if you're doing seated OHP at an angle of less than 90 degrees, must of the upper back doesn't get involved to the same extend. It'll still get your swole delts, but pressing straight up is better for shoulder health.

>>36538312
Don't expect more growth, but you can still become much wider through training, even if your clavicles stay the same length.

>>36538316
Get your elbows under the bar rather than behind it.
Maybe try to put a board under the middle of your foot so your toes and heels don't touch the ground, which forces you to keep the weight over midfoot.
Could be anterior core weakness i.e. you don't know how to brace. Do tons of goblet squats in this case.
Could also simply be that the weight is too heavy for your quads so your ass shoots up.
And a million other things.

>>36538742
You will see results from just a couple of relatively high rep sets after your main exercises. You still need to apply progressive overload to these exercises, but stay in the higher rep range. And make sure you don't let these extra exercises detract focus from the important work of the day.

>>36538747
Same as a girl. Mainly squats, deadlift variations (especially Romanian), Hip thrusts, Glute bridges, Lunges, Bulgarian split squats.
>>
>>36538742
rippetoe literally gives suggestions for accessories to SS in his book, retard.

anyway, do them, but after the main workout. go for 8-12 reps aka find a weight that you can only do 8 times, then do it until you can do working sets of 12, then get a heavier weight.
>>
5'8" manlet here.
Currently a 188 lb. tub of fat.
How do I achieve ottermode?
Eat at a deficit and lift?
Or do I need to lose fat, then bulk, then cut?
>>
>>36539180
>Eat at a deficit and lift
And realize it won't happen overnight.
>>
Failed my Diddles on TM intensity day. What do?

It was at a weight ive done before on SS so I know I can do it, I'm currently doing 3x5 at 80% on Mondays. Should I up that?
>>
>>36539193
>Should I up that?
According to Justin Lascek you should probably lower it actually. The intensity that is. Get some volume in, but make it "easy" so you don't run yourself completely into the ground or you won't be fresh enough to set PRs on Friday.
>>
>>36539189
Thanks, bro.
I know I'm in this shit for the long haul, and I'm excited to see my progress a year from now.
>>
>>36539193
if you've done it on SS it's probably noit that much. I took my diddlies from 1x5 140kg to 1x5 182.5kg just doing 1x5 once a week
>>
>>36536182
>cardio
Look into tabata
>>
>>36539224
>Look into tabata
This needs to end. The true tabata protocol is performed at a damn near impossible intensity. Just call it HIIT.
>>
>Lying BB Triceps Extension: Incline vs. Flat Bench

Is this particular exercise more effective done from an incline angle or just on a flat bench? I've always done them on a flat bench, but have heard that using the incline bench may isolate the muscles better..
>>
>>36539257
You can't really say one is better than the other. It's just different. The incline hits the long head of the triceps a bit harder. Again this doesn't mean it's better, just different.
But actually decline has shown to elicit the highest amount of triceps activation if you keep your upper arms perpendicular to your body, because this way the stress isn't removed in the top of the movement and the triceps still have to work against gravity even during lockout.

If you have access to chains it's even better.
>>
>>36539054
>>36538292

Thanks dude. Do you think I could lose the squat drop sets on Friday? I'm hitting legs 3x a week on this program and that should be enough for mass right?

Also, it was an impact injury to my right shoulder. Was sparring in judo, got thrown and fucked up my breakfall so I torpedoed into the mat...microfibre tears in my shoulder but the doc said 3 months should be good for me.

Any other tips on scheduling hypertrophy work into greyskull?
>>
>>36539307
Your legs will grow just fine without the dropsets, yeah.
I don't think you need much more work than that. Gains will come from progression, not from just doing a bunch of extra stuff.

On a side note, I know many people have seen good gains from his push-up/chin-up challenge. It's in the book.
>>
Am I cutting too fast?

the past 6 days, my weight in Kg has been 80.4, 80, 79.7, 79.4, 79, 79, and 78.4. So I've lost 2kg in just under a week.
>>
>>36539378
That 80 shouldn't have been in there.
>>
>>36539378
The first week of your cut you'll almost always see a drop of around 2 kgs due to lost water weight. Go another week and see if things don't slow down. If not, then yeah you're cutting too hard.
>>
So I just started a full body routine for hypertrophy on friday and today I am even more sore than yesterday. I am no stranger to sports, but I haver never tried to get big before.

Should I just go train or maybe do some cardio like rowing instead? Would cardio help my muscles recover by increasing blood circulation?
>>
>>36539491

You can train through soreness, provided its not so bad you can't do the movements properly. Tends to help with soreness in the short term as well.
>>
>>36539502

Nigga my erector spinae is so fucked I can't turn to the side without pain and extending/flexing my arms is also difficult.
>>
anything i need to know about mixed grip deadlifting before trying it for the first time today?

i usually just stick to double overhand but i cannot hold more than 3pl8
>>
I've injured my wrist and I can't lift, but I'm still skinnyfat dyel. It will probably take a long time to heal so I've been thinking that I might use this time to cut some bf. I need some physical activity anyway, I can't just sit like that all days. I was thinking about doing HIIT, so it wouldn't melt so much of my newbie gains. What do you think brehs?
>>
>>36539571

Keep your elbows locked. Flex your triceps if you have to.

A lot of people take their underhand grip out slightly wider than where their overhand sits, as it smooths out the positioning on things.
>>
>>36539205
>>36539219

I finished SS at 142.5kgx5 and kept failing at 145kg so dropped down to 137.5kg for my first week of TM as a deload, got that but then could only do 1 rep at 140 on Friday.

I'll try dropping down to 60-70% on VD.
>>
File: gyno.jpg (77 KB, 928x620) Image search: [Google]
gyno.jpg
77 KB, 928x620
Do I have a minor case of gyno? Or am I just worrying about nothing?
>>
>>36539692
pinch the area under your nipples and see if you can find any hard lumps. gyno is quite noticeable.
>>
How do I become le ebin? LMAO
>>
does ECA stack only work so much as it helps you hit your deficit.
if so should I run something higher than 1000cal deficit (eg. 1500cal 2000cal)? don't care about gainz so much over weight loss.
>>
>>36539746

The stimulants in it are also appetite suppressants, but yes it basically works by slightly increasing your deficit (on both ends - you burn slightly more and can handle eating slightly less, hunger wise).

A big deficit like that is going to be brutal to handle with or without it. ECA isn't magic.
>>
>>36539756
thanks. Might do 1200cal because I can do 1000cal normally.
>>
>>36537253
Not him but what's a good food for carbs? I get all the protein I need but I'm lacking in carbs
>>
>>36539852
Oats.
>>
>>36539852
rice
>>
>>36539864
>>36539872
Perfect, thanks guys
>>
>>36539881
Remember, brown rice is better than white rice in nutrition.
>>
>>36537382
Ride bike paths to avoid cars
>>
How do I make my calfs not look like sticks there must be some way of increasing the size a little bit? It depresses me doing legs and seeing no calf gains
>>
>>36540143
Do you do calf raises, standing/seated?
>>
Any benefits of taking your regular whey pre/post cardio when cutting? I have it left from bulking and I don't have money for BCAA's.
>>
>>36540248
Seated calf raises but only twice a week should i try standing with more volume?
>>
>>36538316
Your ankle is probably too tight. You need to mobilize it. Google "ankle mobility"
>>
>>36540143
Do ~5Ks outside, with mixed ground (asphalt, grass, rocky meadows, whateverthefuck) and variations in inclination (hills and shit). Do that shit 2-3 times a week. Walk for everything and don't take the bus or your car for anything under 3 miles. Do some heavy shit calf raises, isolate them on your leg workouts.
>>
Guys, I squatted yesterday for the first time (transitioning from bro-split/no leg aera to more compound exercises). It was hard but also fun and really felt like a valuable exercise.

My neck hurts a little though , because I put the bar too high/right inbetween two vertebrae. It didn't feel uncomfortable while doing the squats. Now I read about narrowing your grip and squeezing your traps, trying to lay the bar onto them. Overall going deeper with the bar and I kinda thing what to do next time. I was so focused on my feet, knees and hips that I didn't pay attention to my fucking traps.

Problem is, I kinda felt like I couldn't go more narrow with my arms because I'm not that flexible. Any advice on stretching/exercises to get more flexible shoulders? Just low-bar and live with that?

Any other advice on neck problems/ spine problems with squats?
>>
File: 1454692322339.jpg (3 KB, 123x125) Image search: [Google]
1454692322339.jpg
3 KB, 123x125
my left biceps is almost an inch smaller than my right one. wat do ?
>>
>>36541213
>how long are you lifting?
>what exercises did you do for biceps?
>>
File: LegPressMachineExercise.jpg (71 KB, 768x384) Image search: [Google]
LegPressMachineExercise.jpg
71 KB, 768x384
If my 1RM on squats is 160kg, how much should i be able to do 3x5 leg press for?
>>
>>36541213
Fap more with left?
>>
>>36541239
>Two Toyota Priuses and one of those fat old ladies, that screams through the halls when Walmart doesn't have her favorite flavoured cake icing.
>>
>>36533026
sometimes when i do cardio (jogging or HIIT) i get this weird fucking back ache and have to stop immediately or it gets 10x worse

how do i make this shit stop? is my running posture wrong or maybe the shoes are bad? need some help here
>>
Hey fit

155 cm 105 kg male here

I'm having trouble with weight loss, I don't even take the bus to school. I walk, during breaks I just walk around campus you know? I have been trying really hard for the last 5 weeks but I have no difference.

I just want to neck myself at this stage. I have tried, but balloon time helium tanks are no longer pure helium.
>>
>>36541382
is this some b8? you... walk? do you do anything else to lose weight?
>>
>>36541382
how much cal do you intake?
>>
>>36541408
>>36541407
No, I just posted a pic of myself on CBT that was a joke pic if you want to see but I am serious
I don't really have a method to track it but today I ate

>Apple
>(Rice dish, 2 cans of tuna, 2 tommatoes, 200gram of mushrooms, and about 100 calories of mushroom sauce)
>A chicken nugget
>>
>>36541445
>I don't really have a method to track it but today I ate

myfitnesspal
a notebook if you need it

Track it this time and you'll lose weight if you're eating at a 500 deficit. Not hard. Read sticky
>>
>>36541465
What about foods you can't easily track the contents and such?
>>
>>36541486
Estimate. Or put some actual effort into it and look up the ingredients individually. It gets easier after a while because nobody changes their diet completely every week. Name an example
>>
whats the appropriate timing for macros throughout the day to feel less hungry.

Like when would be optimal to consume carbs, fats, and proteins?

Trying a protein shake today for breakfast as opposed to a bowl of oatmeal to see how much it holds me over as a start.
>>
File: bakalakalava.jpg (36 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
bakalakalava.jpg
36 KB, 400x386
>>36541847
Divide the total calories you eat in a day by 1440. Thats how many calories you should eat per minute. Now you know this you can just eat all day!
>>
>>36541904

terrific. I'll just take a fuck ton of cooked chicken, oats, almond milk, and fats, blend it all together with a food processor then make little seared patty chips that i can snack on throughout the day!
>>
File: 1457837562865.jpg (23 KB, 454x454) Image search: [Google]
1457837562865.jpg
23 KB, 454x454
How should I distribute my protein after workouts?

Let's say I workout once, It's muscle being rebuilt over the next ~5 days evenly or it's more like a bell curve with the upward ramp starting after finishing the workout?
>>
Why are my calves so fucking sore after running? It's like, higher than squat-level DOMS. I do leg press calf raises 3 times a week but yesterday I ran for the first time in a long time and today I can barely walk.
>>
How often should I have a rest week? I'm thinking of having on every 8-12 weeks.
>>
Does it matter what kind of oats you eat? Are some healthier than others? I've done some research but I wanted to know if anyone had an opinion.

For instance: old fashioned vs quick cooking. Steel cut vs rolled oats. Rolled oats v instant oats.

I know the packets are bad because of the sugar content. I'm talking about just the oats.
>>
>>36542399
What do you lift? If it's just SS, then you don't need it. If you're doing a intense program, probably once every two months.
>>
>>36542412

I would imagine there's no difference, they all come from the same plant, just prepared differently.
>>
>>36542090

You have to take all of your daily protein within 30mins of finishing your workout otherwise it's goodbye gains
>>
Ayy, is it possible to add in farmer's walks to SS? If so, how many times per week?
>>
>>36542522

Yes and as much as you want to.
>>
Intermittent fasting:
Is it worth it? I think I'll try it daily for a week or two, since I'm on a cut anyway. Now how much do I eat during my eating time? Should I just normally use a calculator or can/should I eat more?
>>
>>36542519
you forgot going to sleep immediately so the body doesn't turn the protein in fat.
>>
>>36542708
Idiot, that's only if you use 4 scoops. Just use 3.9 and you'll be fine.
>>
>>36542571
srs? won't it affect my other lifts?
>>
>>36542478
I do Scooby's intermediate dumbbell program.
>>
> you can't gain muscle while cutting

Does it mean that it's normal if the weights are lesser or the same as you first started out?
>>
>>36542842
You probably don't need it. Just make sure you have a rest day every week and you'll be fine.
>>
>>36542844
you shouldn't get that much weaker anon, what the fuck
>>
>>36542844
Yes. For people who have gained muscle and bulked, the cut results in almost no muscle growth and in most cases minor muscle loss.
>>
Whats better? Cut and clean bulk later, or just bulk and cut later?

I`m moving towards cutting to a low bf even though i will be skelly, but it will be easier to see results on gym.
>>
>>36542886
It's really your choice since the results would be the same. Personally I'd cut and then bulk, since you'll be getting noob gainz anyhow.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (1 MB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
1 MB, 720x1280
I heard somewhere that hiking is less heavy on the knees than running, and you know what? i certainly feel less pain when i'm hiking, is this real or is it some placebo shit?

The thing with hiking is that it's so much more fun than just running around, plus it's hiit as fuck.

Is this considered hiking btw?
>>
>>36542873
>>36542884
Thanks
>>
>>36542835

It's a grip exercise, just don't do it really heavy before Deadlifts and you'll be fine.
>>
>>36543042
>hiking is less heavy on the knees than running
True.

>it's hiit as fuck
Not even remotely true.
>>
>>36543057
to clarify, when I said you shouldn't get that much weaker, I meant from when you were DYEL
if you bulked up and raised your lifts a ton, and then went back to nothing, you're doing something wrong
but yeah don't expect your lifts to go up, and as the other anon mentioned, they will probably drop, but it shouldn't be an absurdly high amount
>>
>>36537439
Not OP or secondary poster. Quick being a little bitch and either take a bus with your bike to some nice neighborhood with some bike trails, switch to running, put an absurd amount of bright fucking lights on your bike and helmet, or bring a book to the gym for you to read while ride your stationary pedal machine.
Why you so stupid?
>>
File: 1344379334971.jpg (67 KB, 604x483) Image search: [Google]
1344379334971.jpg
67 KB, 604x483
When doing SS is it necessary to squat first

Squats fuck my shit for the rest of the workout
>>
>>36543042
really? why not. I used to hike 2-3 years ago and i normally did hiit intervals of 1 minute or so, it helped me lose a lot of weight and gain good condition, my skelly friends were amazed by a fatty outrunning them in a 5k
>>
>>36543490
meant to
>>36543104
>>
I was thinking of majoring in comp sci or something in STEM, basically something that would make me good money.

However, I came to the realization that I've never found any of that bs appealing, it's so mind-numbingly boring and I don't give a shit about it.

All I've ever been interested about is health/fitness/nutrition and it's all I think about, watch things about and read about. However these careers don't pay as well.

Should I change my major to something health related like exercise science, kinesiology, etc? It won't pay as well as comp sci but I don't want to spend the rest of my life hating my job.
>>
>>36543360
>Squats fuck my shit for the rest of the workout
Why? To me a quick warmup followed by the day's squats pumps me up for the other lifts
Does it tire you that much?
>>
Is there a big difference between sets of 8 and sets of 12?

Both seem right in the middle of the rep range best suited for hypertrophy, but after reading a bit today, I got unsure if I should go for 8 instead of 12. SS uses 5(and I know, Rippetoe has different goals), but I wonder if I should go closer to that.
>>
Cutting and hoping I'll actually have some decent ab definition. Going from 22% to 18% (femanon). Best ab accesory routines? I do all the compound lifts and add in some hanging leg raises, planks, side bends, land mines etc at the end (one set). I just started ab rolling (like 2-3 sets) on off days. Does this seem adequate or am I spinning my wheels here?
>>
Doing psmf at the moment, will my liver be able to cope with a few weeks of a whole can of Tuna 4 times a week?
>>
>>36543557
Well you basically have two options:
A) Hate your job but earn enough so you can do whatever the fuck you want in your free time.
B) Love your job but earn way less.

>>36543619
>Is there a big difference between sets of 8 and sets of 12?
Nope.
Anyway, most of the time you won't be doing one or the other. Rather you'll be working on adding reps to your 8RM sets until you can succesfully complete 12 reps, at which point you'll increase the weight and drop back down to doing 8 reps. Rinse repeat.

>>36543643
>Does this seem adequate
Absolutely. More than enough. A note on leg raises though: do them properly with no cheating, even if you have to bend your knees. It's a much harder exercise than most people think.

>>36543838
>will my liver be able to cope with a few weeks of a whole can of Tuna 4 times a week?
Easily.
>>
How do I tell when I'm "Intermediate"?
>>
File: 1450764212552.jpg (982 KB, 1277x792) Image search: [Google]
1450764212552.jpg
982 KB, 1277x792
What does someone mean when they say "+ xxKg" on a routine or when talking about a lift?
i.e. "Bench 3x5 +2Kg"
>>
File: ss.png (115 KB, 472x349) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
115 KB, 472x349
I had one week pause in SS, what should I expect when I get under the bar? Should I continue with the same weight or should I deload? Did I lose some strength gains?
>>
>>36543939
Thanks!
>>
lanklet here

how much should I worry about my knees traveling forward on high bar squat if the bar is over mid foot and bar path is straight?
>>
>>36543946
Everybody is free to come up with his own definition of "intermediate". There are no rules on the matter.
The definition that I personally like best, is that once you can no longer reliably and relatively easily make progress from session to session, then you are no longer a beginner.

>>36543981
Nobody says that.

>>36543983
>Did I lose some strength gains?
In a week, probably not. Some people even come back stronger, especially if they've had some tough weeks of training prior to the layoff.
But just start out conservative on your first set of squats and see how it goes. If it feels a little heavy, it's probably better next time.

>>36543990
The more upright you want your torso, the more forward knee travel you'll see. It's inevitable and nothing to worry about.
Of course forward knees put more strain on the knee joint, but more vertical shins put more strain on your hips. It's not like one is more dangerous than the other - just different.
>>
>>36543981
it's the amount of weight you add to the bar every time you do 3x5 reps with good form.
>>
I'm 6'0 199 pounds. I've been doing only cardio the last few months to lose weight. If I keep up my cut and start lifting will I lose weight (and more or less than cardio)? Should I try lifting + cardio (although I really dont know if I have the time for that)?

Opinions/Suggestions?
>>
>>36543360
How new are you? This isn't an insult either, how new are you to lifting?
>>
Is lifting heavy twice a week (chest + back day / ham + quads) enough to maintain muscle on a cut?
>>
>>36533026
When I was doing just bodyweight exercises I had around 1g/kg of protein a day and still made gains.
My MFP recommends slightly higher than this as part of my program. Will I make gains with this much protein?
>>
Wouldn't it be a good core excersise to just place a heavy-ass barbell on your traps and stand with it braced for some time? I have wide hips so I'm looking for the ways of growing core without too much leg development.
>>
>>36541106
Also curious about this. Using the straight barbell, I felt like I was gonna crush some vertibrae. I switched to that curvy-looking barbell which rested more comfortably on my back and finished the set, but was that a detriment to my exercice?
>>
I mainly get the most kick out of my pre because of the beta alanine tingling. Which pre has a high level of this compared to a low caffeine amount in contrast.
For reference I'm using C4 at the moment. Failing that, should I just take a BCAA instead?
>>
i'm skinny fat, eat 3300 kcal a day, and barely gain weight. My lifts go up but very slowly. I look more muscular but i stay around the same weight.

what does this mean? am i just losing the same amount of fat mass as i am gaining muscle mass?
>>
>>36545305
I doubt you're actually eating 3300 cal a day. Unless you're exercising 6 days of the week there's no way that would lead to fat buildup.

Height/weight/gender.
>>
how do I reach my daily sodium goals on a psmf diet of 1100 cals? just ate my daily meal and I'm at 2g of my 5g goal

do I drink mineral water? oversalt my foods?
>>
>>36545433
The only goal on your diet is protein. Everything else is a limit. Stay UNDER this number.
>>
>>36545396
5'10'' 150 male

i work out 3-4 days a week. I know it's 3300 kcal because i have a spreadsheet and i count calories religiously, pic related
>>
>>36545305
>>36545483
ah sorry, that's an older section when i was still at 3000 kcal. I bumped it up in the past few months
>>
Do you guys think /fit/ would benefit from like a kik group chat? Might be fun, build some camaraderie
>>
File: IMG-20160320-WA0020.jpg (130 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160320-WA0020.jpg
130 KB, 1200x1600
Haven't been to the gym in about a week and a half now because of personal circumstances. All I did in the meantime is some calisthenics, squatting with a backpack, push-ups with backpack etc.

Tomorrow morning I can go again,what should I expect? Just deload to 70%? Ensure good sleep and food?
>>
>>36545468
I've been following it for 3 weeks, but I've recently read that 5g of salt a day can help with the dizziness, I don't have crazy dizziness but I do get really sleepy and tired in the afternoon
>>
If I combine push and pull into one day, would that be overtraining?
>>
>>36533026

is there any site other than okc and tinder that i can use for finding chicks online? i feel like ive pretty much ran through all the ones there with little success in finding anyone ill actually catch feels for.

also no POF dont want no hoodrats.
>>
>>36545495
>>36545483
Two things: First, you're eating way too much protein; Stop wasting money. At the very very most you need 150g right now. Anything else is being wasted and can be portioned throughout the week.

Second, I think a lot of your values are incorrect. 1.45 pounds of chicken breast are NOT 850 calories and it's certainly not 0g of fat. That's just flat-out wrong. A half cup of almonds isn't 42 grams of fat and it's 15g of protein. And there's no fucking way almost a whole cup of rice is less than 30 carbs.

Why don't you use something like MyFitnessPal? It's a lot easier to manage and a lot harder to fuck up a value. Plus you can calculate recipes on there.
>>
>>36545545
>5g of salt
>fucking 5000mg a day

Jesus christ anon, call Dr. Oz because you have fallen for the latest bullshit fad.
>>
>>36545594
you can try the pedofile locator.
>>
>>36545662
i get the values from the back of the package and conversion factors mainly. The almonds might be a little fucked up, ill check. But i think the chicken is correct. I get skinless breasts so i think the fat content is less than 1, so they just list it as zero.

for the rice, it's brown rice that is really low in carb density. again i used the package, but is it just flat out wrong?
>>
memes aside how do i lose belly fat
>>
Skelly here tryna gain some mass
I've sorted my diet out and stuff but going gym first time
Any tips for a newbie?
>>
My routine consists of
5x15 pushups
5x20 bw squats
5x20 sit ups
5X5 pull ups(mix of grips)
And a roughly 30 minute jog.
As the weeks progress I Will be adding more reps
The downside is I'm kinda sporadic on the days and times I workout. In enlisting in the army and have want to get decent score on my apft. Will I make it?
>>
Anyone know a good ratio for mixing vanilla protein powder and plain greek yogurt?
>>
>>36545705
> I get skinless breasts so i think the fat content is less than 1, so they just list it as zero.
No. Wrong. Wrong. WRONG. Chicken is low-fat but not without it. Literally all meat, including fish, has fat in it. Chicken is something like 3.x grams per 4 ounces, so your pound and a half of chicken has at least 17g of fat in it.

But regardless, several of your values are wrong, which means you haven't been counting correctly.

I'd strongly recommend using a site simply because it's easier to input and easier to fact check.
>>
>>36545715
Eat more.
>>
>>36545729
That's not a great routine. There are some really good bodyweight routines on the web that focus on more muscles than you currently are.
>>
>>36545483
>>36545495
>>36545705
Actually, another thing. You're not eating consistently according to your chart. Some days you eat around 100 cal of the goal, some days you eat 300 under, some days you're over 100 under. Another part of your diet is CONSISTENCY. You should never be over or under 50 cal of your goal if possible.

You haven't been dieting properly and your graph is telling. A lot of people who claim issues with weight have the same issue.
>>
How many sets do you guys do for leg day? How does my set sound?
3x15 Calve Raises
3x15 Hip Thrusts
4x10 Front Squats
These are all using Dumbbells.
I also don't know what form of squats I should do. As far as I know, there are Olympic, goblet, and front squats. I alternate with these exercises from time to time, but most of the time, I don't know which I'm doing lol. I do like goblet squats that are Olympic squats, if that makes any sense
>>
>>36545729
Isolate your muscle groups and spread them throughout the day rather than doing a lot in one day. For example, day 1 bicep/tricep, day 2 cardio day 3 chest, back. Etc.
>>
>>36545733
Test it yourself
>>
i'm going on holiday with some mates for a week and a half, which means i'll miss 4 workouts (doing SS). is there anything i can do to not lose that much progress?
>>
>>36545997
Eat plenty of protein, do bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>36545797
Point me in the right direction? In just trying to get in a slightly decent shape so as not to die any more then necessary during basic.
>>
File: IMG_5591.jpg (39 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5591.jpg
39 KB, 306x306
Overtime I stretch my neck muscles or sit up straight with proper posture ( I slouch badly) I get light headed

Why?
>>
>>36546056
Find a better bodyweight routine. try to work every muscle. There's lots to find just by googling.
>>
File: 1427237967192.jpg (58 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1427237967192.jpg
58 KB, 500x377
Lads I work a manual labor job, what are some packed lunch things I can take with me to help with bulking?
Britfag btw.
>>
>>36546408
Maybe peanut butter? It's got a lot of calories. Also so do nuts in general but they are expensive. Baked sweets as well
>>
How to make fucking egg whites stop tasting like rubber without turning them into caloric bombs?
>>
>>36546459
Veggies and sausage.
>>
File: 1349680703974.png (34 KB, 172x166) Image search: [Google]
1349680703974.png
34 KB, 172x166
Why the fuck does strawberry protein powder taste alright in water but fucking horrible in milk?

I know I should give up trying to find pleasing strawberry flavors but jesus, at the very least in water it doesn't taste like the chemical capital of the world.
>>
what is better two day split?
push pull or upper lower
>>
I've started to notice when I bench press the bar is always slightly uneven is this bad? Or is this normal and how can I fix it. Note the bar isn't that uneven but it is just enough to notice.
>>
>>36546675
Probably just means one arm is stronger than the other. You can test this with dumbell presses and curls.
>>
>>36546706
Is there a good way to even them out?
>>
>>36546719
If you're new to lifting, then just wait it out. If you're a few months in and it's still uneven, train your weak arm. Until it can do the same as your strong one.
>>
>>36546459
Hot sauce or ketchup. I drown all of my awful tasting fitness foods in them
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 1205x1374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 1205x1374
Gyno or just fat? Used to be thinner and still felt like I had boobs kind of. I know I'm a fat shit, I've been running and completely changed my diet and lifestyle about a month ago. Already feel way better.
>>
>>36546854
Fat. Gyno is flappy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.