[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I tell my friend snap city ain't worth the trip ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (991 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
991 KB, 750x1334
Basically everything is wrong in this picture.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 750x1039) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 750x1039
yikes
>>
Terrible. How much is that?
>>
>>36531541
just fucking tell him you little bitch
>>
>>36531699
ego>advice
>>
>>36531677
Around the 400's
>>
>>36531730
He should pull alot less with that form, just tell him he wont be deadlifting for Long with that form.. If he is serious he will take the advice with gratitude, if not he is ego af
>>
>>36531793
thanks for the advice, I'll try to inform him
>>
>>36531839
Prob aint easy if he is egotistical/proud and all that, but honestly he will fuck up his back doing this for too long..

Form > Weight
>>
>>36531541
Christ, I think I snapped my back just looking at this.
>>
Newb here,

Can you guys give a good critique of this guys form, what the concequences of it are, how he could improve?

I don't want to ever look like this fgt in the gym.
>>
>>36532054
GOMAD + SS and you're set
>>
>>36532054
Watch a single youtube video of proper deadlift form, and you'll be able to pick out a bunch of flaws all on your own.
>>
>>36532054
>keep your back straight
>guy in OP's pics back is making a U shape
>drive weight up with your hips
>keep weight close to your center of gravity (this is why people scrape their shins)

some basics there
>>
>>36532110
I always wondered if I was doing it wrong because I had scrapes on my shins. Glad to know this.
>>
>>36532054
Back bent way too much, if you cant keep it straight it's too heavy for you, drop weights.
Locks out his knees before the back, dont do that, do it at the same time.
No tightness, try to breathe as much as you can into your stomach and keep it down, think about "pushing it downwards" this will also keep the back straight.

Also, take of your shoes or wear thin AF shoes, as much contact with the ground as possible. Personaly i like to think about lifting with my quads, it might work for you, just think about using your quads instead of back, usually leaves the back tight and straight.

Cons tho; Will most likely make your back hurt and make it hard for you to just tie your shoes and usual stuff. This also makes you less powerful in other excersises (Bench + squat etc++)
Ofc these are just some random things to think about, there is alot more to it, but think small and keep at it! practice really does make perfect, start at really low weight, DO NOT ego-lift.
I started at like 40KG deadlift and it looked horrible, but went up 5KG each time and after a while my deadlift was really good.
>>
>>36532054
His back is hunched, shoulders hunched.

Back should be straight, chest pushed out, and shoulders back. Hips flex forward at the end of the lift. Keep the bar close tl your body, its ok and even encouraged to have the bar slide along your legs (just dont have the weight pushing onto your legs)
>>
>>36532124
My shins are literally bumpy now, cus ive scraped them so much, its a good thing imo, proves the deadlift form was on point, atleast that part.

If they hurt, you are doijng that part correctly, a deadlift is not supposed to feel comfortable, its supposed to hurt :D
>>
>>36532124
I wear long socks when I deadlift, and just keep them rolled down until I actually do the deadlifts and then I'll pull them up
>>
>>36532161
>>36532180
I always thought, "well I've got to be doing something wrong if I'm fucking myself up every time I do this but I'm pretty damn sure I'm doing it right."
So thanks brehs
>>
>>36531541
>>36531597
>belt
>wears it around the chest
>tfw he would literally snap in two if he tried that without the belt

Tell him in simple words "brah you're gonna snap, stop" and then slap him everytime he bends down to the bar. And everytime he looks at you confused and angry just repeat "stop"
>>
Just watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfYez7-h55c

And keep your back straight, it's super simple
>>
>>36531541
he should push his chest out that will help him to straiten his back
>>
>>36532367
kek let him snap his shit up
>>
File: supermong.png (1 MB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
supermong.png
1 MB, 850x1100
>>36531541
Nah mate, let him do it. What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>36532387
fucking keked hard

what happened to mong?
>>
Tell him about slipped disks and how this is something that will probably haunt him for the rest of his life.

>You can expose people to information but that is where your responsibility ends
>>
>>36532157
i was wondering, do you mean just "shoulder back" or "actively trying to push your scapula together"?
>>
tell him to hold his fucking breath during the rep, Valsalva all day.
>>
>>36533528
Yeah what happened to that guy. He was kinda fun

Maybe he made it and left the board
>>
>>36534006
>fun, made it
mong pls go

Anyone remembers that time that you just though that you actually just leave here as that? kek

you are here forever
>>
>>36534098
But no really what happened to that dude?
>>
>>36531541

Video him deadlifting, show him the video. Tell him to post a form check online.

That way, he gets told his form sucks, and you aren't the one to break homeboy's heart. OTOH, you could just not be a bitch about it and could say, "here's a ticket to snap city, it leaves next time you deadlift"
>>
>>36534236
OP here, he was the one recording and posted on FB
>>
>>36534356
Sneak onto his account and change his location to "Snap City"
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 861x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 861x749
>>36534390
kek
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.