[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any studies on improving universal reflex speed (as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: boxing.webm (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
boxing.webm
2 MB, 400x224
Are there any studies on improving universal reflex speed (as in, not some specific stimulus, but in general)?

What about speed of a specific movement? Or is it just "do it a lot"?
>>
is that floyd
>>
>>36530321
Get some friends to try and punch/or throw shit at your balls at random times. I'm sure you'll improve your reflexes quickly.
>>
File: mvdRuchnoi.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
mvdRuchnoi.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>36530356

When you do that, you are conditioning for a specific movement by strengthening specific neural pathways.

I am talking overall.

>>36530336

I have no idea who the manlet is.
>>
You won't be able to drastically improve your reflexes. You're born with them.
>>
Reflexes are involuntary and therefore cannot be improved unless you have a deficiency of some sort.
What you're talking about is reaction time, but unfortunately, reaction time can only be improved by 10-20%, it's mostly genetic.
>>
File: rwandaRousey.webm (431 KB, 218x328) Image search: [Google]
rwandaRousey.webm
431 KB, 218x328
>>36530401

Are there any studies showing this and/or showing differences in "overall" reflex speed between people?

I don't even really understand what "reflexes" are in any true sense. First there is the strengthened or not neural pathway. Then there is the slow down if you are conditioned between multiple courses of action and are deciding between them. Then there is the actual CNS signal to the muscles.

Ignoring the first two for aforementioned reasons, I would like to see some studies on the third.

I know /fit/ is shit, but it's worth a try.
>>
File: sharkEatsDiver.webm (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
sharkEatsDiver.webm
3 MB, 600x338
>>36530424

>Reflexes are involuntary and therefore cannot be improved unless you have a deficiency of some sort.

This is just straight up wrong. You can be conditioned to react to specific stimuli in a specific manner. This is well known in sports...

>What you're talking about is reaction time, but unfortunately, reaction time can only be improved by 10-20%, it's mostly genetic.

Sauce plz.
>>
Play counter strike and hold corners
>>
File: haleyAK.gif (820 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
haleyAK.gif
820 KB, 250x141
>>36530561

Yea, I saw those studies. Gonna look at them again now actually. I do remember they said overall.
>>
>>36530321
reflexes depend most on the fat coating on your nerves. get fish oil if you think you might have a deficiency.
>>
>>36530486
>This is just straight up wrong

It's not, a reflex is completely involuntary, you're just not using the correct term, like 99% of the population.
>Scientific use of the term "reflex" refers to a behavior that is mediated via the reflex arc; this does not apply to casual uses of the term "reflex".
>>
>>36530687

>muh patteral reflex test

You know what I meant.
>>
>>36530321
Plyometrics.
>>
>>36530596
Travis is my senpai
>>
File: 1448950941554.jpg (13 KB, 283x273) Image search: [Google]
1448950941554.jpg
13 KB, 283x273
>>36530321
>lanklets on suicide watch leleoeleoleol
>>
>>36530321
>universal reflex speed
Be relaxed.

>What about speed of a specific movement?
Depends on the movement. Unloaded movement (eg. punching) is different than loaded movement (eg. Oly lifting).
>>
>>36530336
Nah, Floyd can't punch and would clinch all the time.
>>
>>36530321
well, like the guy in your pic, be short
the shorter you are the faster your reflexes
conscious reflexes are also a sign of IQ, so you could have high iq, be very tall, and outreflex a short average smarts dude

so you cant really do much to train your reflexes
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.