[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For example doing 10 sets of 10 reps of dips one monday and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: dips.jpg (36 KB, 449x442) Image search: [Google]
dips.jpg
36 KB, 449x442
For example doing 10 sets of 10 reps of dips one monday and the same of push-ups the next day? Or is it better to include the rest day?
>>
Thing with these body weight stuff is that you really have to push it. You're supposed to do them until you cannot do any more.

If you just stay at 10 reps and don't push it nothing will happen.
>>
>>36529629

So 10xF is better?

Thanks for your answer bro.
>>
>>36529629
Except if you do them weighted, ofcourse.
>>
>>36529658

Point is you have to one-up yourself.

Dips and pushups are good but I don't see why uyou should limit yourself to only those two exercises.
>>
>>36529600
Weighted dips alone can build a solid chest.
>>
>>36529695

I have a calisthenics park next to me and I prefer to work out there with my friends that don't go to the gym. Some of them have nice chest just by doing dips for example.

I don't like gym desu, prefer working out in the nature.
>>
>>36529629
Source for that?

Because its total bullshit.
>>
>>36529931
>progressive overload is total bullshit
kek
>>
>>36529629
Bull shit.

Don't listen OP, do as many as you can in a set, until you can do 15 a set. The start doing them with extra weight (dumbell between feet, weight belt, plate on back, rucksack of heavy shit) or a harder movement.
>>
>>36529984
All he'll achieve from doing >20 reps a set is muscular endurance.
>>
>>36529993
>Calls bullshit
>Proceeds to agree with the guy he called bullshit on

You both called for progressive overload. Calm down faggot.
>>
>>36530013
There's more than one type of progressive overload dingus.

OP wants a nice chest, not the ability to Dip for 10 years in a row.
>>
I see dips as more of a shoulder thing
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 640x480
>weighted dips
>>
>>36529600
If you have some way of doing them weighted, yes.

Just fill a backpack with books, water bottles, weights, etc.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.