[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone try the Arnold Blueprint to Mass program? I'm about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: arnold-blueprint-mass-facebook.jpg (69 KB, 744x357) Image search: [Google]
arnold-blueprint-mass-facebook.jpg
69 KB, 744x357
Anyone try the Arnold Blueprint to Mass program? I'm about to finish my 3rd week.

It's an old school push/pull split routine that takes about two hours a day, six days a week.

Mon/Thu is Chest & Back
Tu/Fri is Shoulders & Arms
Wed/Sat is Legs

Also each day has a long ab workout at the end.

I'm liking it so far but I'm starting to think I need supplements and drugs to be able to keep it up.

I've had to resort to taking shit like Modafinil and Phenylpiracetam, and sleeping 10+ hrs just to keep up with it.

But I was sick of getting nowhere with other routines, so I'm giving this a shot. Anyone have success with it?
>>
I actually tried this for a couple weeks. I'm in college/uni so it just was not feasible for me to stick with it. And like you, i couldnt keep up with the pace. i had to sacrifice weight for form. this is one of those programs that's actually for advanced lifters. and yeah, i think to legit be on this routine you will need to have crazy supps, not only that but you will def need to be on drugs.
>>
>>36529046
I'm probably just going to cut one day off per week, probably shoulders/arms since it's fucking brutal.

it feels like a part time job. I spend more time at the gym, cooking, and preparing meals/supplements than I do at college/studying. May be for advanced lifters but that doesn't mean you can't try it. I plan to do it for the next year, hoping my body will just be forced to acclimate to it
>>
>>36529072
I've been doing this myself lately, am also in Uni. Very difficult to find the time, and I agree with you on shoulders/arms, it takes fucking ages. The suggested 40 secs rest between sets isn't feasible. I'm going to keep at it, though when I don't finish a full workout I feel like shit
>>
>>36529088
I feel like shit after every workout. Burns out all my dopamine and I leave the gym with an overbearing sense of bitterness and lots of leftover adrenaline.

Starting to think I should be more aggressive with my supplements/drugs. Not going to take roids or HGH, but I'll have to start taking pure caffeine powder/taurine/creatine/preworkout formula blends to be able to keep this up

If you're willing to try it, Modafinil helps tremendously fyi. Probably won't hurt for your schooling either
>>
>>36529166
Good to know I'm not the only one feeling like that after workouts then. Dont even look forward to them anymore, definetely felt better after shorter workouts, but didn't get as much results

>Modafinil
I would love to, however I'm living in Ireland and over here its difficult to get a prescription even for good pain killers. No hope of me getting it.
>>
>>36529283

Yeah I remember doing Stronglifts, I'd feel great after workouts because I didn't overtrain. But I also made very slow progress.

Check out https://www.modafinilcat.com/

It's a scheduled drug in the US, but I had no problems ordering it. It's very cheap but legitimate quality. You can pay in bitcoins too and save 20%

They'll even refund you if customs seizes it.

don't know why I'm turning this topic into a Modafinil promo. But it's probably my favorite drug ever
>>
>>36528986
>push/pull
>Mon/Thu is Chest & Back, Tu/Fri is Shoulders & Arms, Wed/Sat is Legs

this makes no sense
>>
>>36528986
That is a troll routine. It exists to wear out nattys and make them buy shitty supplements, why do you that shit is sponsored by musclepharm?

It's a decent routine if you are on steroids, crap that you want to avoid if you are natty.
>>
>>36529423
Well it's more of a split routine, you target different muscle groups each day

>>36529448
Almost all intense programs will require supplements or drugs. Even if its a front to sell supplements it doesn't mean it's bad.

If you look at the routine it's very solid, just very exhausting. Do you have a better alternative? SS/stronglifts is a joke once you start reaching diminishing returns. Don't most advanced lifters end up doing split routines anyway? If you have an alternative I'm all ears
>>
>>36529448
>It exists to wear out nattys and make them buy shitty supplements

Any truth to this or you just shitting?
>>
>>36529649
I've read many reviews of this program and people have had success with it. EVEN IF it is designed to make you buy supplements, that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

I just take the route of buying individual bulk supplements (amino acids, micronutrients, etc) it's far cheaper. If you're going to try any intense program and think supplements aren't necessary, you're flat out wrong
>>
>>36529696
I understand you. My only objection is feeling like fucking dirt after the arms/shoulders day. That might wear off eventually though
>>
>>36529742
I personally will skip the 30rep warmup sets on arms/shoulders day for now. Try that and see if it helps. But your body will probably adapt
>>
>>36529780
Thanks for the advice
>>
>>36529476
Whatever man, do what you want. I suggest you do crossfit
>>
>>36529421
Doesn't Modafinil keep you awake for like 14 hours?
>>
>>36529283
Mate I live in ireland as well and I personally know several people who have ordered drugs like weed, LSD and steroids through the post, you aren't gonna get popped for modafinil
>>
Did it for a couple of months. If you're natty, you better be eating at a huge caloric surplus to keep up.

I couldn't handle the 45 second rests though, I had to increase that a bit. Workouts were excruciatingly long, but I run a small little gym and could rationalize long ass workouts.
>>
>>36530420
Any tips for keeping high calorie diets? Something quick, affordable, that doesn't fill up your gut? I've taken to mixing coconut oil and butter into everything i eat
>>
>>36529072
Don't cut a day, just add a rest day
>>
>>36530726
Peanuts and milk.

Also, I've heard of people eating m&m's during a strenuous smolov cycle just to keep their energy up enough to power through the day. Same concept could be useful for a high volume routine like this.
>>
>>36528986
Absolute garbage. Can't even call it a program because there is no programming even mentioned in the write up. All it is is a list of exercises pulled together by some bodybuilding.com ghost writer with Arnold's name slapped on it.

>>36529448
This guy is giving the truth of it.

Where is the fatigue management aspect of this program? Where are the recovery sessions? How are they structured - I hope its a bit better than "just take a rest week when you're tired bro!". Where is the progression - if it isn't based on %max or RPE its for shit. The number of sets/reps are completely arbitrary and the 45 second rest between sets is utterly retarded short rest promote less strength gain and no difference in hypertrophy compared to longer rests.
For the couple guys saying they've seen gains coming onto this "program" I don't doubt they have. But then anyone coming from "3x a week for 45 minutes" SS/SL programming to 2 hours/6 days a week is going to see a short term boost to gains purely from the huge jump in volume, but it is exactly this jump in volume which makes it unsustainable and makes you feel like shit. I doubt many natty guys have seen good progress after doing this shit for more than a few weeks or a month.

>>36529476
Alternative programs that, ya know, actually work off the top of my head include: madcow, texas method, candito's different routines, most of the dozens of variations of 5/3/1, cube method, sheiko, westside.... there are plenty more on top of this if you do your research.

Don't drink the koolaid and end up buying supplements like this dipshit >>36529696 They really are a waste of your money,the only effective things are illegal.
>>
>>36530740
>8 day weeks
why didnt i think of that?
>>
File: 1454875747982.jpg (32 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1454875747982.jpg
32 KB, 540x960
>>36528986
Hey man I ran this program after I had just been lifting after 6 month's and it is pretty intense. I highly recommend it tho if you have the motivation and will that I had. I don't recommend that you jump on it and do the whole thing, instead just run phase one, don't don't do the super sets and skip maybe couple of exercise. Repeat phase 1 two more times doing this . Then if you feel your body has acclimated then do the whole phase 1 including super sets and short breaks. Phase 2 is is quite insane, if not advanced . I ran it only once then kept recycling phase 1. Supplements reccomended, Good nutrition is a must but most importantly sleep is key. I just finished canditos strength training and now I'm going to mix canditos leg day with Arnold's upper body routine
>>
>>36530878
I have shit genetics. Naturally very weak and any weight I gain goes right to my belly. Used to be skinnyfat.

Cardio just made me lose muscle.

I used to do stronglifts but it did absolutely nothing for my physique, which at this point I care more about. I initially wanted to get into weight lifting so I had some base strength - now that I have that I'm concerned with aesthetics.

I've heard again and again that SS/SL and their variations are NOT good for building physique, but strength.

I have done more research than you would think. Spending hours upon hours reading different reviews, insights, and arguments from various sources. There is almost no consensus from what I can see.

My gym partner wants to try GVT. Any insight on this?

>Don't drink the koolaid and end up buying supplements like this dipshit >>36529696 (You) They really are a waste of your money,the only effective things are illegal.

Some supplements have a large body of evidence behind them. But many supplements are placebo or unnecessary. Creatine, arginine, taurine, caffeine, and a few others are great. I use Modafinil personally
>>
>>36529448
this tbqhwyf

>>36528986
>30, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
>that "max effort" pyramid training is a fucking joke (fatigue the shit out yourself with work sets of 20, 15, 10, 8, 5, 3 and then do some heavy singles) jesus fucking christ who wrote this?
>retarded workout organization:
mon:: high volume benching + chest accesories
tue:: high volume ohping + delt accesories
wed. high volume legs
thu: high volume chest again (wonder how much you'll be able to bench while still sore and depleted from mon/tue workouts)
fri: same as thursday

i hate to use that faggots words, but this really is the "pump and fluff" routine

it will make you sore like a motherfucker, and you'll never progress in weight (inb4 hurrdurr benching 205 to infinity is how you get big)

assumning you're intermediate lifter:
do some shit like canditos or tm or similar
however: if you still insist on going 5+ times per week, do something like PPLxPPLx...
>1 main lift
3-8 sets of 3-5 reps (3x5, 5x5, 6x3 or 8x3, but not 8x5) (make first set the one where you se a new 3rm or 5rm pr, use bit less weight for other sets) (3-6min rest)
>1-2 acessory lifts:
2-4 sets of 6-10 reps (1-2 reps close to failure) (2-3 min rest)
2-3 isolations:
2-4 sets of 8-15 reps (focus on strict form, etc) (1-2min rest)

or you can also switch it up: high-volume/lighter/intensity cycles
employing periodization methods for main stuff and still have room for tons of "vanity" work (biceps, calves, side delts, traps, .etc.)
4 days of rest for each muscle group

also.
>mandatory link to supplements you should buy while doing his routine
never change, bb.com
>>
>>36532351
I'm thinking of doing GVT or Texas Method

I want something simple but actually has an outline so I don't have to make up shit on the fly. I want to know exactly what I'll be doing each day
>>
Fuck this shit, is this even /fit/ or bb.com? Honestly, how about reading actual technical books for lifting instead of supplement advertisements disguised as programs, presented by mr. "feels like cumming" himself
>>
>>36532421
http://www.strengthstandards.co/#/
Put in your maxes, select texas method and you've got a good workout
>>
>>36528986
If it doesn't tell you to roid then it isn't an honest "Arnold blueprint"
>>
>>36528986
My work around for not having the time is to just take rest days as i need them and let the split flow over into the next week. Your splits dont have to fall within one week for them to work.
>>
>>36532471
You're always going to find a few newfag like this on fit. Just give them the correct advice and move on
>>
>>36530012
I'm not him but I take it every day (script for narcolepsy) and yes it makes you wakeful all day but it's not a stim so you can still sleep
>>
>>36528986
>It's yet another Arnold scam!
Arnold should be fucking hanged, drawn and quartered. He is the reason why the entire bodybuilding/gym community is in fucking shambles today and if you step into a gym absolutely no one fucking knows what they are doing.
>>
>>36529421

Are you still here? Can you explain this drug better? Like how do you feel it changes you?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.