[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 20
File: ForwardHdEv[1].jpg (46 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
ForwardHdEv[1].jpg
46 KB, 500x360
>if you have poor posture you can never awaken the third eye

And don't bother imply seeing that which the eyes cannot is not a necessary or useful innate ability of humans.
>>
I'm working on it, friend.

Been doing exercises the past 2 months to try to fix this. Progress for this is much much much slower than pumping iron. Maybe because I don't do as much exercise for this as I should.
>>
>>36529820
its more important to maintain proper posture than to lift (and stretch..) and expect it to just fix itself you fucking retardo
>>
>>36528945
>2 and 3

SHOO SHOO HEIGHT GOBLIN
>>
>>36529851
>height goblin
>energy goblin
>respect from peers goblin
>brain function goblin

pick all
>>
Been struggling to fix my rounded shoulders and forward head for years. Is there an end in sight? Has anyone here ever successfully fixed their posture?
>>
File: 1447192837050.jpg (196 KB, 792x612) Image search: [Google]
1447192837050.jpg
196 KB, 792x612
>>36529904
>>
File: 1450826806342.png (1 MB, 1440x802) Image search: [Google]
1450826806342.png
1 MB, 1440x802
>>36528945
>if you have poor posture you can never awaken the third eye

you don't know jack shit and jack left town.
>>
>>36529904
a good posture is determined by good legs and core. You need stretched quads and calfs and lower back to create a straight line up to your solar plexus. From here the shoulders can relax backwards and the neck relaxes into a natural upright position. That's what the last image will fix.

This is additional stretchy stuff.
>>
>>36528945
posture has very little importance on meditation. you can do it standing, laying down, or cross legged like a faggot.

if you want to awaken the third eye, just smoke DMT

But yes the forward head posture is terrible and I feel sorry for any guy who is obvious to it.
>>
File: 1449786233270.gif (536 KB, 381x512) Image search: [Google]
1449786233270.gif
536 KB, 381x512
>>36530005
yes, but I know magnitudes more than you though

let me guess, you're a drugfag?
>>
>>36530019
I can't do most of those. I can't touch my toes while standing, I can barely sit cross legged (and if I do, my back is completely fucked).

My standing posture is good, but if I stop paying attention my hips are pushed forward and my abs/core isn't being used

Where should I start?
>>
>>36528945

I've got perfect posture and you're a filthy hippy.
>>
File: tumblr_m6uahmkJZJ1roaz4co1_500.jpg (239 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6uahmkJZJ1roaz4co1_500.jpg
239 KB, 500x750
>>36530026
>yoga has no importance on meditation
>dude just skip to the drugs and weed lmao

The West, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>36528945
You also can't if you believe in science
>>
>>36530049
stretching your calfs and quads

your core and pelvis will automatically have to wake up
once there you can naturally relax your back, instead of forcing it back.

watch some elliott hulse or athlean-x on youtube about the matter. They have good posture stuff, despite being memenames.
>>
File: 1403529287641.jpg (63 KB, 750x749) Image search: [Google]
1403529287641.jpg
63 KB, 750x749
>>36530098
according to?
the definition of posture and the definition of science are not mutually exclusive.

Or are you saying science has no grounds in matters yet to be clarified?

Either way, don't get mad. That's the main thing.

>>36530062
>filthy
good sir I'm quite clean
>>
Yoga will fix almost any posture problem. Hunched back, lordosis, scoliosis, etc etc. All these stretches in this thread are just watered down yoga poses.
>>
>>36530036
Fuck no, I do neigong. You a dumb ass chakra thinking butthole. GET ON MY LEVEL, dantiens are the way to go nigga.
>>
>>36530147
gotta start em somewhere

you can't tell a whole bunch of stiff "science" nerds to hold positions and breathe into the poses all of a sudden. it'll rock their socks off.
>>
>>36530065
Religion does not own meditation.

Without ideology, mediation is a secular practice that has proven health benefits. With ideology it's seen as a method of achieving enlightenment, which is something almost no one ever succeeds at.

Yoga is a form of meditation. I practice intense vipasanna meditation and all that requires is a chair or or couch with lumbar support.

I said DMT by the way. If you take a psychedelic tryptamine you're guaranteed to have the sort of spiritual experience that people seek with meditation.

If you think drugs such as mescaline can't be in the same realm as meditation or yoga, you have a very closed perspective towards the purpose of altered states of consciousness.
>>
File: 1447369279149.jpg (153 KB, 933x795) Image search: [Google]
1447369279149.jpg
153 KB, 933x795
>>36530026
>just smoke DMT
You a dumb ass and you don't know jack shit either. Posture is important in meditation, just not necessarily opening the upper dantien/3rd eye/niwan. For example meditating in full lotus vs meditating in normal chair sitting is way different. It's 4 to 1 baby. 4x more effective to sit in full lotus than sit normally.

Also what are bhandas?

Go back to your crack den and throw up on a couch.
>>
>>36530173
Haha, I never thought of it that way, but I suppose your right.
>>
>>36530049
That's pretty much the problem I have. I've spent years researching different stretches and exercises, but I can't even do the most basic correctly. I can't even sit cross-legged at all without falling over backwards. I should note that in addition to my rounded shoulders and forward head, I'm flat footed and pigeon toed. I pretty much always have pain in my lower back and my right shoulder, which in particular lacks range of motion.
>>
File: garbage master.jpg (18 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
garbage master.jpg
18 KB, 300x400
>>36530205
>For example meditating in full lotus vs meditating in normal chair sitting is way different. It's 4 to 1 baby. 4x more effective to sit in full lotus than sit normally.

Not that guy, but chew you even havisfaction a singlicious satisfact to snack that up?
>>
lol guys i activated my """third""" eye by sitting in certain position and closing my eyes k lol
>>
>>36530205
>upper dantien/3rd eye/niwan

religious nonsense

the purpose of meditation is to expand your awareness and let go. you go out of your mind by coming to your senses. the most spiritual experiences i've had with meditation were in fact when i was going about my day but simply being extremely mindful, present, and aware of everything in my perception

believing that lotus meditation is any different is sounds like religious dogma. have any evidence to support that claim?

Also if you think DMT is comparible to crack, you're demonstrating profound ignorance of pharmacology and neurochemistry. You are SEVERELY limiting your spiritual experiences by not taking entheogens
>>
File: 1446523086448.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1446523086448.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>36530258
>you even havisfaction a singlicious satisfact to snack that up?

made me smile senpai. As with any of this shit, it's all anecdotal experience and the experience of other people I know who do this stuff too. Basically it takes me longer to get certain sensations sitting normally vs full lotus or half lotus.

All I can say is try it brother, see for yourself. if you don't notice anything different then do what you want.

Also full lotus does help to keep your spine erect and upright, less slouching.
>>
>>36530179
>religion
>With ideology it's seen as a method of achieving enlightenment
You're projecting onto me things I no way implied, nor are true. I know you, though. I know your type well. Let's go:

>Yoga is a form of meditation. I practice intense vipasanna meditation and all that requires is a chair or or couch with lumbar support.
You're acknowledging that baseline physical support practices must be involved in meditation, make the link between yoga being a type of meditation, but would still suggest expanding the physical realm of your person through yoga/stretches would still not beneficially impact isolated meditation? I think you're being intentionally ignorant, or just lazy. Which may or may not make you arrogant. I won't suggest.

>drugs drugs drugs drugs
Should be the final step in reaching altered or improved states/consciousnesses. You're skipping vital stages in development of the body and mind, skipping to the pleasurable experiences. You say my perspective is closed; it's not at all. I think yours is weak, decadent and lazy. You're a fraud to yourself.
>>
>>36530324
>Also full lotus does help to keep your spine erect and upright, less slouching.

This sounds like a lot of effort and discomfort, especially for less flexible people. Surely wouldn't the effort required to maintain the position and the discomfort of doing so be detrimental to the awareness experience? wouldn't simply lying flat on a hard floor be superior?
>>
>>36530319
>>36530258
>posture doesn't effect brain function
>and I need you to give me links to prove it

If I was so inclined, I would. But you're free to ignore or research for yourself.

Not that guy, but don't get so worked up in his phraseology. Lotus position is just a position to take physically, which aids in bloodflow and circulation.

This unequivocally helps in meditation. Yoga and stretching thus helps in meditation and endeavors such as opening the third eye.

The mental + physical = expanding into the spiritual.

Drugs ignore life.
>>
>>36530325
>You're projecting onto me things I no way implied, nor are true. I know you, though. I know your type well. Let's go:

Yeah I'm guilty of that because I've seen people who are overly religious claim that meditation only works if you adhere to religious dogma.

>You're acknowledging that baseline physical support practices must be involved in meditation, make the link between yoga being a type of meditation, but would still suggest expanding the physical realm of your person through yoga/stretches would still not beneficially impact isolated meditation? I think you're being intentionally ignorant, or just lazy. Which may or may not make you arrogant. I won't suggest.

Slouching or poor posture fucks up meditation because it can make you sleepy. That's all. You don't need to be in any special position.

I am lazy towards yoga because it doesn't sound fun. I don't have much time to do yoga/stretching. I'm not saying yoga isn't important, I'm saying it's not necessary.

>Should be the final step in reaching altered or improved states/consciousnesses. You're skipping vital stages in development of the body and mind, skipping to the pleasurable experiences. You say my perspective is closed; it's not at all. I think yours is weak, decadent and lazy. You're a fraud to yourself.

You think DMT is pleasurable? rofl. I've a noob at meditation having only been doing it for about 2 years. I've done DMT once and that's the only drug I've done, but it showed me that this isn't all for naught. Meditation is a tool, and the drugs can act as a catalyst assuming you've reached a solid foundation.

Not sure what all the hostility is about. I can never tell who I'm talking to without IDs, so I often make harsh assumptive remarks so people will open up
>>
File: 1450945374596.jpg (81 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
1450945374596.jpg
81 KB, 970x545
>>36530319
>upper dantien/3rd eye/niwan

>religious nonsense

This is completely outside of religious dogma, try learning about what you're talking about before you open your shit spigot. Although it is hard to find good info about this stuff.

believing that lotus meditation is any different is sounds like religious dogma. have any evidence to support that claim?

This also has nothing to do with dogma, just personal experience of myself and others. I can tell you don't know anything about qi gong or serious meditation.

>the purpose of meditation is to...

You have any evidence to support that claim?

>Also if you think DMT is comparible to crack, you're demonstrating profound ignorance of pharmacology and neurochemistry. You are SEVERELY limiting your spiritual experiences by not taking entheogens

Of course dmt isn't like crack, it is a drug however and is unnecessary. There isn't anything involving meditation or spirituality that can't be experienced when sober, without drugs.

Using drugs is like reading the last pages of a novel, you don't know what builds up to the end and you won't understand, and you won't be properly prepared.
>>
>>36530368
Never said that. But why can't you just sit in a straight but comfy chair? That's all I'm getting at
>>
>>36530354
You can do what you want bro, just if you get flexible enough full lotus gets comfy. You could sit cross legged against a wall if you want.
>>
>>36530405

You can sit in a chair no problem, a stool is better. The problem is you want your spine to be supported by your core, not the back of your seat.

The reason full lotus is praised is because it's extremely stable if performed properly, and it's hard as fuck to do if you haven't been training hip flexibility since child.
>>
>>36530442
butterfly stretch, and straddle stretch bro, eventually moving to splits
>>
File: sharky.jpg (75 KB, 636x708) Image search: [Google]
sharky.jpg
75 KB, 636x708
>>36530405
You definitely can, and no harm to you for doing so. It's good.

I'm just saying the experience of meditation, and the experience of life, is bettered by stretches and yoga. For the practice of yoga was specifically born to aid in meditation. Specifically.
>>
>>36530395
>This is completely outside of religious dogma, try learning about what you're talking about before you open your shit spigot. Although it is hard to find good info about this stuff.

Doesn't sound very secular to me. But I'll look into it.

>This also has nothing to do with dogma, just personal experience of myself and others. I can tell you don't know anything about qi gong or serious meditation.

I've been doing vipasanna meditation for 2 years, usually for 45+min

>You have any evidence to support that claim?

What other purpose is there of meditation? It's highly personal. I'm pointing out that meditation has different purposes

>Of course dmt isn't like crack, it is a drug however and is unnecessary. There isn't anything involving meditation or spirituality that can't be experienced when sober, without drugs.

> Using drugs is like reading the last pages of a novel, you don't know what builds up to the end and you won't understand, and you won't be properly prepared.

Have you done DMT? Try it sometime and then tell me that it won't change your perspective on this. I've done it ONCE, it's not like I do it every time I meditation. But it was life changing. Probably won't do it again for 5 or more years because of how intense it was
>>
>>36530453

Thanks for the tips, brah. I've been able to get into full lotus before, but my right knee refuses to touch the floor. I'll start with butterfly and move to saddle, hopefully I'll have it in a couple months.
>>
>>36530368

>drugs ignore life
no

drugs are amplifiers, thats why they arent suited for everyone.
>>
>>36530503

>I've been able to get into full lotus before, but my right knee refuses to touch the floor.

You mean when you're in full lotus, one of your knees doesn't touch the floor? That's normal bro, just stuff a pillow under that knee and you're good.
>>
>>36530557

Yeah, but it's only the right knee, even if I change up how the legs are folded - which leads me to believe I've got some tightness in my right hip that I've got to correct.

Never got around to picking up a buckwheat pillow either, that definitely would have helped.
>>
>>36530503
>>36530589
It's your quads.

Stretch your calves and quads.
>>
File: 1455474430074.jpg (180 KB, 543x519) Image search: [Google]
1455474430074.jpg
180 KB, 543x519
>>36530492
The 3rd eye, upper dantien stuff is all part of a nonphysical energetic system. It has nothing to do with religion and has everything to do with magick, qi, prana, etc. If you don't believe in that stuff more power to you.

Good on you for staying with meditation for so long, most drop out after a couple months. thumbsup.png

I was just asking if you had evidence because you asked me for evidence, both concerning things that are largely anecdotally based.

I've seen the dmt spirit molecule documentary and was in a car with a guy who did dmt. I have the general idea what it's like, of course no personal experience. i stand by my claim that it's like skipping to the end, but if I have the opportunity I'm not opposed to it.
>>
>tfw realizing my posture is shit from years of trying to hide bellyfat and constantly looking down to make sure I'm not showing it
I'm bent forward at the hips at a 10 degree angle and my neck droops
>>
File: born too late drugs.jpg (62 KB, 495x481) Image search: [Google]
born too late drugs.jpg
62 KB, 495x481
I love this thread

Drugs are what got me into spirituality in the first place, so anyone saying they're a "skip to the end" is spouting bollocks. In fact when I got into meditation & yoga, it was a psychological cry for help during a time in my life when I was bored and feeling stuck, and was at a lull in my psychedelic drug use in general. But I still dew it today so fukkit, it worked for me.

Don't even use drugs all that much anymore but the energy shit has stuck with me day-to-day. Oh yeah plus, anyone who hasn't done the drugs themselves and are preaching that they're lazy,,,, lol. Until you've done it, you don't GET it. I don't care how much you've meditated and opened up your chakras with yoga, take at least a half strip of LSD and then come talk to me about how it's a shortcut to anything lelelelel. I do think people can get hooked on the lazy delivery of spirituality in blotter form, but for most normal sane people, if you're smart you'll recognize that there's more sustainable forms of getting that same "thing" you get from entheogens.

Anyway......on the original topic of the bread, posture is literally nothing more than a reflection of your inner psyche. Yoga is a good way to "approximate" or get an idea of that ideal place to be mentally, but strictly speaking, good form comes from the mind, not the other way around ("if I sit in down dog long enough, my brain will snap into place and I will meet Brahma!!!1!!1") I've actually been reading about spontaneous kriyas recently, and how they're thought to be the origin of yoga itself, check it out brahs very eNLigHteNinG
>>
what the fuck does meditation have to do with posture fucking sperg lord autism crusaders itt
>>
>>36530781
>but strictly speaking, good form comes from the mind, not the other way around ("if I sit in down dog long enough, my brain will snap into place and I will meet Brahma!!!1!!1")

Strictly speaking, you're wrong. You know you're wrong, so you went and exaggerated the claim to cover it up.

Thoughts work both ways with the body. Stop believing the disconnect. Maybe do another trip and lose your ego.
>>
File: 1457616350933.gif (2 MB, 412x229) Image search: [Google]
1457616350933.gif
2 MB, 412x229
And the award for, "Worst post in this thread" goes to >>36530781, congratulations anon, you're a crazy, know-nothing faggot!
>>
File: received_1755396101347074.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
received_1755396101347074.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
Two things that helped me. Theracane, and an inversion table.

Hang up side down bros
>>
>>36530845
Think and research, then open your mouth (or post in threads).
>>
>>36530845
>Breathing has nothing to do with posture
I find cold showers to be a good way to snap into the mindstate myself
>>
how does posture awaken the third eye

what is the third eye

pls?
>>
>>36529820

dont expect much from this.

Exercises help you reminding yourself to walk with a good posture and they make your "new" posture more comfortable.

But as you probably noticed yourself, when you dont pay attention you usually fall into your "old" posture again.

It took me 3 years to NATURALLY adapt to a good posture. Now im walking like figure 1 naturally, i dont need to force it anymore. But again, it took me 3 years lol
>>
>>36531574
how, friend?
>>
>>36531665

Well i workout 6x a week, so building strong muscles (exspecially traps) helps a lot.

But desu it was simply forcing myself to walk correctly literally every second. Whenever i catched myself mouth walking like a golum, i would just instantly correct myself. Your spine needs time to adapt to the new posture after walking like a mouth breathing dumb fuck for 20 years.

> tl:dr There is no trick, just adapting and constantly forcing yourself to walk correctly
>>
>>36530248
>>36530049
Look up variations offered by yoga (easier versions of the pose)
Full squat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXpJEqssze8
Uttanasana/Flat back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Uhp5tphAs
Standing straddle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7you4Sw1o0
Bridge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnbvPeAIhmA
Lying twist -> Reclined twist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKC3IeldPOc
>>
>>36530205
Tell me where the pineal gland is. Oh that's right, it's the third eye. Guess what dmt does? Activates it.
If your third eye was open you would see things that others do not.
>>
>>36531852
Adriene is weird hot. Gives off wife vibe hard. Would marry and learn yoga from.
>>
>this is how enlightened zenlords think and behave

Guess it's a good thing I skipped all the humming and pretzel bends and just spent my time doing regular mobility stretches and working out epistemological solipsism and existentialism consciously.

Enjoy "knowing" junk and opening your third eye. I'll be out here opening my jap's eye.
>>
>>36532158
like a true telluric. farewell.
>>
>>36531944
pineal gland isn't the third eye dumbass. The third eye isn't a physical part of the body. Jesus, you have been indoctrinated with the new age bullshit.

>If your third eye was open you would see things that others do not.

Like what?
>>
I just want posture tips. Please stop talking about drugs and third eyes.
>>
>>36529896
Pretty much this. Posture fucks up all aspects of your life if it isn't good.
>>
This may be a stupid question, but will sleeping on the floor help my posture?
>>
>>36530311
I activated my brown eye by sitting in a certain position with my eyes closed.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I was about to make a posture thread. My doc wants to do emg tests in my arms to see if my problems are coming from my fire arms or my shoulders. Should I be worried?
>>
File: image.gif (842 KB, 280x224) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
842 KB, 280x224
Every time I sit my head up straight I get lightheaded and a little sick to my stomach. There are a bunch of cracks in my back as well. What does this mean?
>>
ITT: people arguing about whether drugs or magic thinking are more viable to have a magical feel good experience.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 780x585
Forget the third eye anon

Allow me to awaken...

Your brown eye
>>
>>36532323
Then what is it if not a physical thing? Sounds like you've been indoctrinated by pure bullshit.
>>
My standing posture is fine, but my shoulders are tight and get pulled up by my traps if I don't pay attention and I kind of end up hunching when I sit. I think it's also causing back pain near my scapulae. Any good stretches for this?
>>
>>36530616
>i stand by my claim that it's like skipping to the end
Except it bears no resemblance to any OBE that you can experience through meditation/astral projection, or similar experiences.
>>
This thread has officially convinced me that /fit/ has as many, if not more, autists as every other board on 4chan

Goodbye /fit/
>>
>>36533291
Thanks for finally killing yourself.
>>
>>36532850
Mustangs are garbage after the 302
>>
>>36528945
I nearly corrected this.Workout and stand straight all the time for years and it gets better...
>>
>>36533357
Mustangs have been garbage the whole time.
>>
>>36533114
>astral projection

Lol. You need to lay off the D&D friend.
Remember magic is not real and is just fantasy.
>>
>>36533498
Do you have brain damage, where is your handler? It's an OBE that works similarly to lucid dreaming, next you're gonna say dreams don't happen.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.