[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting Stronkth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: mark-rippetoe2.jpg (100 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
mark-rippetoe2.jpg
100 KB, 600x480
Do I really need to read 40 pages of psuedo-physics by this PE teacher who is trying to wax like a PhD to know how to squat?
>>
>>36528206
Sage
>>
File: 1441573959236.jpg (135 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1441573959236.jpg
135 KB, 408x408
bump
>>
>>36528206
Yes, you really need to fuck off.
>>
>>36528206
Yes, that's the bare minimum. I'd even say the instructions are not deep enough.
>>
How to spot a Pseudo 101: They use the word 'Pseudo'
>>
Doing the Rippletoe Build a Power Bottom Routine?

Remember to drink more than 4 litres of milk a day to maximize your man tits.
>>
>>36529102
It's also vital to use at least 5-10 lb increases on the presses so you get stuck immediately and never make upper body gains. Chin ups are strictly forbidden, too.
>>
>>36529137
And don't ever forget that high bar squats are absolutely forbidden.

A giant ass with chicken legs, t-Rex arms and a soft set of sweater cannons is the goal
>>
>>36529263
Lol at the people who think there is a significant difference for quad hypertrophy at the lowbar and highbar squat. Even with the front squat there is just a little bit more quad activation. Just squat how it feels best for you. And if you want to powerlift the lowbar squat makes the most sense for most people.
>>
>>36529305
Likewise, the high bar squat makes more sense for weightlifters because it develops more weightlifting specific leg strength (i.e. quad strength).
That's it, if you compete in neither there is no point in arguing which is superior.
>>
>>36529332
I agree. But i wouldn't necessarily say it is because of the added quad strenght but mostly because of the range of motion. It is really hard to get to ass to grass with lowbar. And developing the strength to get up from the lowest position is extremely important for weigthlifters.
>>
yes read it, its the least you can do for a dangerous movement that youll be doing for years if ypi have any commitment
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.